LinkedIn Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends

1,694 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Good work life balance for the job (in 158 reviews)

• Their culture and values strive far above any other company I have ever worked for (in 66 reviews)

Cons

1. "He came up with the right idea at the right time."

Current Employee - Human Resources in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Working on products relevant to my interests that benefit the individual.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at this time.

Advice to Management

Keey hiring great people, don't back off.

"Fast, Furious and Fun"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

The all-hands meetings are energizing and we are all informed about successes, challenges and the short-term roadmap.

Some of othe things I liked were the free lunches (socialize with co-workers), the fast pace (never a dull moment), the desire to win.

The site itself is by far the most effective Business (Social Media) Networking site.

Cons

A couple of the active early days LinkedIn ee's act like premadonnas and struggle with change... They can be arogant and unapproachable.

Advice to Management

Jeff Weiner is the current LinkedIn CEO.

3. "Sales Role"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Great team environment
    #1 recruitment product in the market BY FAR
    Thoughtful management
    Focus on individuals personal development
    3 Meals a day

Cons

Pay a little under market

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

"Fantastic place to work with super talented people"

Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Opportunity to have a large footprint
    Open access to the executives
    Incredible benefits (unlimited food and magic whiteboard - you write what you want and it appears)
    Highly collaborative environment
    Clear mission/vision and leadership
    Awesome product - you feel like you are making a positive difference in people's lives around the world
    Feels like a global company that happens to be headquartered in Mountain View.

Cons

Drinking out of a firehose - sometimes can feel invigorating and other times feel overwhelming

Advice to Management

Keep leading the way! Reallly appreciate the bi-weekly all hands meetings, helps me stay informed and bought into the future of the company.

6. "Unique place - Exciting time to be here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

There is so much opportunity in this organization because of the tenure of most of the employees. The expansion of the company provides ample opportunities for growth and career advancement. LinkedIn is up to something big. This company makes a difference and the people who work hare are truly passionate about the value we provide. There is a feeling of cohesion because we are building something big.

Cons

The biggest challenge is the pace at which things occur. We are growing so quickly and with so much success there are not enough processes in place to make things operate smoothly.

Advice to Management

Prioritize and focus on critical to success factors. Focus team on things that matter most. Speak more about tactical approach in addition to the strategic approach.

7. "This has been a dream job for me"

Current Employee - Vice President People Operations in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President People Operations in Mountain View, CA

Pros

we get to create and build a special company that is changing the world - the way the world recruits and connect talent to opportunity at massive scale.
    People here are great. Very bright and very passionate. People at LinkedIn want to win and be the best.
    We have many opportunities to be creative and contribute to the company

Cons

As you would expect in a start-up, things are very busy and there are long hours required to build something special. It can get tiring at times.

"Doing something worth the work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

This is a company where the work will change the way the world works. That's exciting in itself. Then add benefits that take care of your daily needs like food, exercise and a nice work space in a great location for getting outdoors and you've got something great.

The something special about LinkedIn is you can do what your passionate about if you figure out what that is and speak up. The culture here is incredibly uplifting and a place where the executives clearly see the value each individual brings to the table and consistently looks for ways to recognize their efforts and achievements.

The executive team is very approachable which might have something to do with the number of women on the team. Jeff, specifically, is an incredible person with such energy for what we do, it's contagious. He could keep you energized all by himself. He's a strong leader, a passionate community member and not afraid to tell you what he thinks without judgment and while listening, truly listening.

My options are fully vested and I'm not going anywhere.

Cons

This is a start up so the to do list is long and the work is intense sometimes. Although I see it as my responsibility to maintain my work/life balance and my managers have always been supportive when I requested time off or to work from home. There are some egos in middle management who should be reckoned with which isn't a trait unique to LinkedIn. I'd like to see more support for new parents, both mothers and fathers, in terms of benefits.

Advice to Management

Skip level lunches would be a great way to learn more about what's really going on. An anonymous channel for feedback would be a welcomed way to let you know the bad news without sticking my neck out.

9. "inSpiring!"

Current Employee - Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Mountain View, CA

Pros

People love their jobs, the culture tries to make the employees happy, free food, a chance to collaborate with people from different departments, fun environment, maintains a small company feel even with 1000+ employees

Cons

The culture in headquarters doesn't always translate well to the global offices

10. "It's a lot of fun working with smart, passionate, nice people on products and experiences that make a difference."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Transparency, great perks, really nice people, a surprisingly fun culture, good benefits and compensation, trust, and nice sunny benches to park with your laptop.

Cons

Currently there's a no-dog policy. We're growing and moving so fast sometimes it feels details or communication are skipped over (it's bound to happen anywhere you work).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep pushing for excellence, from everyone.

"Great company to work for at any stage in your career"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA

Pros

- Strong corporate culture that is grounded in core values
    - Intellectually curious people who are respectful of others and generous with their time
    - Fun work environment where people are professional but don't take themselves too seriously
    - Opportunity to do transformational work (on my career, at the company, in the world)
    - Open, direct and constructive communication: no shrinking violets!
    - Free food and beverages
    - inDay (one free work day every month to pursue what inspires you)
    - Youthful vibe of a college campus coupled with the knowledge and integrity of industry veterans

Cons

- The open floor plan in Mountain View is cramped and loud
    - The 401(k) company match is ridiculously low (50% of the first 3% of employee contributions)

Advice to Management

Stay focused. Make bolder moves. Keep communicating openly and often. Don't stop believing in our vision of creating economic opportunity for every professional in the world -- it's the real deal.

Showing 1,694 of 1,822 reviews