KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Microsoft
Is this your company?

LinkedIn

Add a Review

LinkedIn Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 24, 2021

Found 86 of over 4,363 reviews

4.4
LinkedIn CEO Ryan Roslansky
Ryan Roslansky
Pros
  • "great culture, cares a lot about employees(in 277 reviews)

• "Incredible, gourmet free food on-site(in 251 reviews)

• Cons
  • "LinkedIn is extremely respectful of employee's work life balance(in 86 reviews)

• "Big company that has start up issue(in 54 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of LinkedIn and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Recommended for early product manager career

Jan 24, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great leadership team and great company to learn product management

Cons

There is no work-life balance

2. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

The Jackpot of Internships

Jul 6, 2020 - Global Sales Organization
      Business Outlook

Pros

Never in my life would I have imagined participating in such an immersive and engaging internship experience, let alone through a global pandemic. Despite working remotely and never meeting colleagues in person, the relationships I forged were stronger than ever. The GSO Intern program places its interns across a variety of different functions and teams (sales, customer success, implementation processes, etc.), thus enabling one another to learn about the vast sales ecosystem that comprises a global company. There are about a million ways to get involved and add real value in the short 12 weeks, and while most team managers have general ideas for projects to work on, you pretty much have free reign on anything you decide to pursue. While it's no surprise that it's in your best interest to add legitimate value to the team you're a part of, some of the coolest projects I have already seen directly build on LinkedIn's culture. All in all, I'm feeling beyond lucky to have had these last several weeks to cultivate new relationships. If there's one thing to take advantage of in your short time, it's to leverage the extraordinary internal networking opportunities. You're assigned a manager, a mentor, AND a BLP buddy (that's an amazing system of support)! I'm lucky to have joined a team that has made me feel like family right from the get-go, and will forever cherish the lasting friendships I have made.

Cons

Sitting in front of a laptop (rather than being at the office) is tough. The work-life balance is great, but as an intern, you feel obligated to maximize each week to the fullest. I sincerely hope next year's interns have an opportunity to get to the office :) Beyond that, I have no complaints. Grateful for what has been a terrific journey.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

No longer a great product vision

Jan 14, 2021 - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and closer location

Cons

Work Life Balance not so good

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great benefits, awesome team. work is hectic

Sep 16, 2020 - Associate Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, salary, team , communication, feedback, bonus

Cons

work-life balance and vacation package

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company to work for

Apr 2, 2020 - Technical Recruiter in Sunnyvale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great 401K and overall benefits

Cons

Truly, none come to mind. LinkedIn is extremely respectful of employee's work life balance.

6. 2.0
      Former Contractor

Great training grounds with a Frat/Sorority culture

Jan 8, 2019 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best training you can get in Talent Acquisition Great perks Great brand

Cons

During my tenure I had an absent manager that I had to run down to do walking 1:1's. They were completely checked out. The competitive culutre was cutt throat, that your colleauges would not share details on best practices/strategies that attracted talent in fear of the team doing better. They were a lot of individual opportunists. I saw some terrible practices and bad culutre there. I saw certain people getting high visability projects based off personality and not merit. I saw contractors that were good getting let go one week before Christmas. I saw the bros and sorority types on scooters getting no work done but somehow on top projects. All in all I learned a lot but the fakeness, politics, no work life balance, internal competition, and bad mgmt not able of having tough conversations led me to hate my job.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting company; holding true to "Billion Dollar Startup" mentality

Nov 4, 2013 - Sales Strategy in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

LinkedIn is a great, exciting place to work. The company truly takes care of employees. Things I love: - Real attention to employees and what they ask for; - Great compensation; - One of a kind culture -- everyone is very nice and generous here and sincerely wants to help you grow as an individual, even if that means moving departments or companies or roles. We work very hard because we care about this company, and everyone recognizes the need for strong balance! - Real impact; everyone's work counts, including starting analysts. The company is growing so fast and it's exciting to see how your work immediately impacts that growth - strong leadership

Cons

- There is a different feel to different departments; LinkedIn values engineering teams the most and sometimes, that means Business/Support teams get left on the sidelines a little bit - It's easy to work long hours and get a little burned out. Everyone is supportive of work-life balance, but you need to make it happen for yourself. There is just too much to do as this company grows and scales so fast.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Tells a good story; doesn't really live up to it

Sep 27, 2013 - Ad Producer in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food. The facilities are great and are updated often for the better. Benefits are good. The intern program is one of the best. Despite dysfunctions in various organizations, the company's outlook is healthy.

Cons

I worked in Global Sales Operations for 4 years, so this perspective is unique to that. Long hours are expected; don't expect less than 45-50 and often 55-60 near the end of quarter. Do not expect management to honor work-life balance by default. Most rank-and-file employees that support Sales work long hours. There is dissonance between stated values and actual working values; for example, a commonly spoken mantra is "members first" -- yet there are few member support options other than email (no phone center) and LinkedIn is embroiled in a lawsuit concerning spamming new users' contact lists because of an unclear and confusing user experience. No clear path of promotion for many positions in GSO. Much of the advertised "company culture" excludes parts of the company outside of Mountain View; there is no true "hackDay" and "inDay" outreach. This leads to "Two Companies" syndrome, where one side lives LinkedIn culture and the other doesn't have opportunities to participate. Middle management is "dog eat dog", incompetent, and highly political, which has led to a lack of collaboration between departments and a promotion of the idea that you're on your own.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent

Dec 28, 2018 - Legal Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, benefits, culture, values, good overall

Cons

Workload, opportunities, work/life balance, management

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pros

1) The perks are great -- free food at every corner, monthly inDays to stretch you beyond your usual work, exercise classes, flexible work schedule, and more. 2) The potential of the company is also hard to ignore -- we're on a trajectory to do great things and the market agrees (as reflected in our stock price).

Cons

1) There is a failure to foster and grow talent, leading to high churn and dissatisfaction among tenured employees. I've been here for 3+ years and have been vocal in my desire to expand my role and grow my career. We lack the internal structure to support employees like me who want to stay at the company but need guidance on where opportunities may lie. So people either get frustrated and leave or simply stay to fulfill their vesting period and get increasingly disgruntled in the process. 2) Inconsistent culture and work/life balance: I have only experienced the Marketing team where employees struggle with being overworked and unable to enjoy the "fun" aspects of working at LinkedIn. Other teams like engineering and product appear to be the opposite.

8 people found this review helpful