Links London Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Leela Petrakis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Opportunities to work on a multitude of projects (in 2 reviews)

• Good employee benefit program, excellent health care (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • constant changes due to high turnover rates (in 4 reviews)

• Absolutely NO MARKETING makes it impossible to grow brand awareness (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Brands but lack of Understanding of North America Market"

I worked at Links London full-time

Pros

Retail team, brand and products were strong

Cons

Didn't understand the North American Market and how to grow in from all channels. Turnover was challenging with Presidents, Market Director lasting less than 3 years.

2. "Customers + Associates Come Last"

I worked at Links London part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clientele, discount, elaborate events for product rollout

Cons

Unorganized, corporate is slow and points fingers, common sense does not exist among some managers and operations specialists, generally low salary compared to brands nearby but they convince you it's competitive, company harbors a cultures of lies and bait and switch promises, lack of diversity in print ads and their attempts to client capture, communication is slow when it happens at all and stores feel disconnected from each other, not many opportunities to move up unless a store has high turnover because locations are so small, the brand is also not well known and somewhat overpriced compared to competitor Tiffany's.

Advice to Management

Organize yourselves, be more available. Instead of using your time blaming associates for not meeting goals and continuing to raise these goals, listen to store feedback on traffic and marketing. Do some actual marketing for once that's inclusive to more age ranges and ethnicities. Those that shop with the brand look very different than the models- or should I say MODEL- chosen for shoots.

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Links London full-time

Pros

good work life balance - you go in do your job and then leave

Cons

boring office
    unfriendly co workers
    no perks
    no challenging work environment
    no upward mobility
    product is overpriced
    pay is too low

"CUT YOUR LOSSES AND EXIT THE U.S. RETAIL MARKET."

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Links London part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The knock off jewelry sold in Chinatown is more fashionable, better made, well priced, on trend, lasts longer, makes a statement and actually sells...

Cons

Current President is a clueless disaster on her best day; she actually believes she understands the business. There is a Greek Tragedy of epic proportions approaching.
    Corporate is filled with her personal friends instead of actual smart savy experienced PROFESSIONAL Retail Executives.
    Over priced, poor quality, stale jewelry lacks charm. (Pun INTENDED)
    Opening stores in locations way out of their league.
    Hands down the most poorly managed business in my experience.

Advice to Management

I would gladly offer as much professional advice as humanly possible; sadly there is NO MANAGEMENT to advise.

5. "Typical Vendor Sales Position"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hackensack, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hackensack, NJ

I worked at Links London (More than a year)

Pros

- The door I worked with had a really strong team. Hackensack team was super supportive and Phyllis was an amazing manager.
    - Full time employees had benefits and were paid over time.
    - Commission percentage was good and made you work hard.

Cons

- Employee appreciation could have been focused on more by corporate.
    - Never felt like you could truly grow in the company. If you were a sales associate, chances of becoming a manager or moving to a corporate position were never brought to the table.

Advice to Management

Involve different doors in Links of London events. It will build a stronger company culture as a whole.

6. "Store Manager"

Pros

Links of London has been a great place to call home the past few years. I've learned so much about running a business and being a leader that I feel I'd be prepared for anything in retail in the future. I enjoy my career here because I am able to do many entrepreneurial tasks that you would not necessarily get to do in other brands. I have a great partnerships with my District Manager and folks at the home office. My DM works tirelessly and really cares about her teams and the direction of the business. She also invests heavily in the growth of her SM's and teams. The jewelry is very unique and I'm a big believer in the brand and in what we are doing. When I had a family member pass away a couple of years ago, the President of the company emailed me to check on me and express her condolences, which I think speaks volumes about the care she has for her teams.

Cons

Renovation of legacy locations to new concepts. More development of brand recognition. Direct marketing of hero products.

7. "Links 2016"

Pros

- Company Hires/Promotes from Within
    - Room for Employee Development
    - Headway for creativity with regards to store activations
    - Great Store Locations Built/In Progress
    - High Visibilty with corporate partners. Regional Management goes the extra mile to ensure needs of stores are met. Management fundamentally understands that they employ people; they create great incentives to motivate and inspire them.
    -Thinking on your feet is required not optional. Hand holding does not garner leadership.

Cons

The company is still young and still expanding, while this isn't necessarily a con there's always room for improvement in all areas.

"Marketing director"

I worked at Links London full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy going environment, Friendly team, convenient location

Cons

Unorganized policies and procedures, inefficiencies, unprofessional work environment

"Worst Leadership Ever"

I worked at Links London (More than 3 years)

Pros

Beautiful Jewelry
    Good Employee Discount
    Good Store Locations

Cons

I can barely find the words to describe how dysfunctional this company is. From the very top down, there is no organization, no consistency in priorities and no understanding of what it takes to grow a business. Absolutely NO MARKETING makes it impossible to grow brand awareness. Culture has completely changed in the last few years to be a finger pointing culture of blame. There is never a positive word said to anyone about our achievements, only criticisms.

Advice to Management

Focus on your people!!!! People are the most important part of your business. Blaming and finger pointing don't grow a business, support and leadership do.

10. "JUST CLOSE ALL DOORS"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Links London full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any pros. Don't waste your time working for this company. It is too corrupt to repair. Overall, it's been an awful experience.

Cons

Corporate level employees are impossible to communicate with. They don't care about what is going on at store level. Emails are ignored constantly. Conference calls get cancelled every week, which were our last hope for communication. The quality of product has gotten worse over the years. Poor sales due to the lack of replenishment received on a weekly basis. Again, corporate won't listen to our product needs, but results are blamed on the store teams, or its location. Constant returns and quality issues, and again, corporate ignores our suggestions and input. Months and years go by without any corporate visits. Terrible marketing in the US. If you want to improve sales, you NEED to market your brand.

Advice to Management

Close all doors OR learn how to motivate your store teams. Restructure your corporate team. Stronger regional managers needed!