Lionbridge Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Lionbridge CEO and President John Fennelly
John Fennelly

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The possibility to work from home" (in 218 reviews)

• "Good Work-Life balance average 9 hours per day" (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "No benefits other than good payment" (in 37 reviews)

• "Intermittent lack of task availability means no pay" (in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big focus on creating a culture and ensuring that we are all collaborating with one another. Leadership team has gone above and beyond to convey that message. No complains at all!

Cons

No cons as of right now. New leadership has continued to have clear communication with us.

2. "Senior software testing engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Lionbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work and great unity amongst resources

Cons

Limited projects for now.

3. "Lionbridge Maps Analyst"

Current Employee - Maps Analyst
    Current Employee - Maps Analyst

I have been working at Lionbridge part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is very competitive, hours are flexible, and there is individualized feedback pretty regularly.

Cons

Would be nice to create some sort of social environment where we can talk to fellow workers such as a chat room or message board.

Advice to Management

Creating a chatroom or message board for workers would create a better sense of community.

"They read your emails."

Former Employee - Rater in Port St Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Rater in Port St Lucie, FL

I worked at Lionbridge (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours. Decent Pay for the work.

Cons

Access to your social media, main email account, computer, and phone are part of the contract. Meaning they can see what you're doing when you aren't working.

Because you sign a contract with Lionbridge that allows them to monitor your online/phone activity, its hard to find support groups to connect with other LB employees on social media, because people are understandably afraid of getting let go.

Take my advise and don't give them your main email account like they request, create a second email that you use just for Lionbridge and give them that, reading your emails is honestly much too invasive.

Tedious. Its honestly a really boring job which made it difficult to do. It wouldn't have been so bad if they kept track of your hours and you didn't have to write down every 1-2 minute task.

They make you keep track of your own hours even though they track your time on the platform:

I downloaded an extension to keep track for me which was great and increased my productivity since I didn't have to worry writing down my time after every single solitary task which last 1-7mins on average, but they sent an indirect and general email stating that any 3rd party LB "extensions" were not allowed. I ignored the email and kept the extension another few days until they sent an email telling me to check my spam in case I wasn't getting their emails CREEPY.

Imagine doing 15 tasks in a row and writing each and everyone down every time because LB doesn't show you the list of tasks you've completed, because that's how it is.

If you write down too many hours on your time sheet they will certainly let you know, but they won't let you know if you're under.

They don't let you know what task you're working on.

The tasks they give you which on average take 1-7 minutes or up to 15 minutes change all the time and they expect you to preform a new task that you've never seen before which in the time from even though there will be new instructions and expectations that you have to read up on that don't count towards your time technically. My advice? If you do a new task count reading the manual toward your time.

Also if you find a new job and leave the company like me, MAKE SURE you delete the LB extension and revoke the permissions that allow them to access your gmail.

Advice to Management

Give employees access to the tasks they've done and hours they've worked, since you ALREADY keep track

5. "Not Worth It"

Former Employee - Social Media Message Rater
    Former Employee - Social Media Message Rater

I worked at Lionbridge part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from wherever you want. Entering hours is easy and the employee website is pretty good.

Cons

Tedious, boring work "rating" the same ads over and over again. Unless you seriously drag the work out, you will not reach even close to 5-7 hours per week so paychecks are super low and not really worth the effort of remembering to rate each day. Also, you need to be OK with your personal data being tracked and stored, including all of your social media use... even once you quit or are let go. I was let go for not meeting the required 5 rating days (which is easier to do than you'd think, which is why they constantly send email reminders). It's now a month later and I am still receiving regular emails from the company about my ratings, holiday greetings, etc. AND the ad rater tool is still on my phone (which means they are still tracking my personal data/social media use). I have requested that this stop several times and it hasn't.

Advice to Management

When you terminate someone ALL contact and tracking of personal data should immediately cease.

6. "Good"

Pros

Good pay and make your own hours.

Cons

Sometimes there are no tasks

7. "Nice side job"

I have been working at Lionbridge part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When there is work it is not difficult to do.
    Some times there is two projects at once giving you work options.

Cons

No advancement.
    There are times there are no projects therefore, no pay.

"Remote Web Content Evaluator"

Current Employee - Web Content Evaluator
    Current Employee - Web Content Evaluator

I have been working at Lionbridge part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can work (or not work) when I want. Decent pay of $14/hour up to 20 hours a week working remotely. Training and feedback is very good AND paid.

Cons

Can be repetitive and feel senseless at times. Some tasks are better than others.

"Project Manager"

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time

Pros

They pay for education up to $4,500-$5,000 per year.
    Good Work-Life balance average 9 hours per day
    They support good working conditions

Cons

No salary raises every year. It took them 4.5 years to raise salary and just for inflation (2.5%).

Advice to Management

I encourage management to really mean it with the performance review system to reward those employees who walk the extra mile and work long hours e.g. bonuses, upper mobility.

"Don’t waste your time"

Former Employee - Social Media Evaluator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Social Media Evaluator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Lionbridge part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility - you can really work whenever you want

Cons

Fix the rating tool and provide employees feedback on their performance prior to letting them go

Advice to Management

Fix your rating tool and provide a list of the goals/evaluation methods used on employees - I received an email about how well I did my job last week and got fired this week because the ‘quality of my reviews had gone down’ - I have no clue how I was evaluated and have changed nothing about the way I rated ads in the past 6 months