Cover image for Lionbridge

81 Comments

Tech

994.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Lionbridge~9427
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Lionbridge? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Lionbridge employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Flexible hours and you can Work from home(in 295 reviews)
  • "Pay is good and consistent(in 193 reviews)
  • "It provides flexible hours and since you are working as a independent contractor you have autonomy in terms of your career choice.(in 154 reviews)
  • "Every department has great people and I haven’t heard of anyone being unhappy where they are.(in 87 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance is there(in 64 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lionbridge and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Good experience

Jan 3, 2023 - Web Publisher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work culture, Supportive people, Friendly environment. Good opportunities

Cons

No cons. No cons. No cons.

2. 5.0

flexibility

Apr 4, 2023 - Ads Rator in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexibility and working from home

Cons

none that I know of

3. Join the Lionbridge team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Foreign language interpreter

May 27, 2023 - Interpreter/Translator in Rockville, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love helping people in difficult circumstances

Cons

Not enough calls, unfortunately. I wish to have more

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Management does not care about medical issues

May 24, 2023 - QA - Game Tester in Boise, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can be placed on a good team

Cons

Terrible management, workplace politics is insane, care more about client relationships than employee's wellbeing, forcing remote employees to move into office or quit, will not accommodate for medical issues (physical or mental), busts unions, will refuse to pay temp employees federal holiday pay

6. 3.0
    Current Employee

May 23, 2023 - Interpreter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of calls, good platform

Cons

No one cares about the interpreters. No answer to emails. False information by management. Inaccuracy in salary calculation

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Middling pay and few benefits

May 30, 2023 - Quality Technician in Corvallis, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team leads are great

Cons

Treated as second class employees compared to HP

8. 2.0

meh

May 23, 2023 - US Rater in Home Gardens, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

you make your own schedule

Cons

unclear criticisms with unfulfilled requirements

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Workplace Politics Are Out of Control

Feb 24, 2023 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Highest 401K match compared to competitors Some really great people at the operational level (below director roles). These are the people who enabled me to stay for as long as I did.

Cons

C-Level either chooses to ignore or has no clue how uncollaborative cross functional teams can be. It was a challenge to make any forward progress for agility and improvement, however there were questions almost daily on how the bottom line would be improved. Technology and automation for basic day to day project management is almost non-existent with no clear plan on how this would be addressed long term. My direct manager micromanaged every detail, to the point I could no longer make any decision pertaining to one of the company’s largest accounts. Hands down the worst manager I’ve had in my entire career. During my tenure, my manager never once spoke to me about growth or development and never provided feedback on my performance. I was thrown under the metaphorical bus several times by a few different people in their attempt to make themselves look good.

7 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Short term employment

May 10, 2023 - US Rater in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy tasks, easy to complete test

Cons

They will fire you less than a year after joining for any reason.

11. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Localization QA Specialist

Apr 11, 2023 - Linguistic Tester in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse workplace where you can get good experience and is relatively low stress.

Cons

Low pay negotiated with major client leads to high turnover and vacant positions. Lots of times this means employees will be pressured into working two jobs instead of one until the opening can be filled.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,386 Reviews
</>Embed

Lionbridge Reviews FAQs

Lionbridge has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 3,721 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Lionbridge to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Lionbridge employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Lionbridge. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

73% of Lionbridge employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Lionbridge 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Lionbridge to be workplace, coworkers, work life balance and the cons to be benefits, management, career development.

Popular Careers with Lionbridge Job Seekers