Lionbridge Reviews | Glassdoor

Lionbridge Reviews

Updated September 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Lionbridge also offers good flexibility to work from home (in 156 reviews)

• Good work/life balance, nice environment (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits, no changes in salary (in 28 reviews)

• No pay increases or bonuses based on performance (in 22 reviews)

"Website Reviewer"

I worked at Lionbridge part-time

Pros

Offered work from home flexibility

Cons

The company exhibited very poor communication

2. "Worth the trouble"

Former Employee - Web Content Assessor
    Former Employee - Web Content Assessor

I worked at Lionbridge part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty easy work, flexible schedule, perfect for a stay at home parent

Cons

Takes a long time to actually get through the hiring process. Tedious and can get pretty monotonous

3. "Decent work-from-home opportunity"

I have been working at Lionbridge part-time

Pros

flexible schedule, good pay rate

Cons

Can only get help through emails to another country

4. "Systems Administrator"

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time

Pros

Good pay and insurance, treated fairly.

Cons

Career advancement is severely lacking.

"Search Engine Evaluator"

Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Lionbridge part-time (More than a year)

Pros

interesting work with flexible hours

Cons

tasks not always available, contract work with no benefits, difficulty reaching management with questions, paid only once a month

Advice to Management

be better about highlighting changes in updated manuals so contractors don't have to read the whole manual over again to find the changes! Have better response times to questions about tasks

6. "QA Analyst"

I worked at Lionbridge full-time

Pros

Quick exposure to a lot of technologies.

Cons

Most work is on a contract basis. Difficult to obtain benefits.

"Best and worst W2 job of my life."

Current Employee - Test Engineer I in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Test Engineer I in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedueling, Great insurance options (if you have a spouse who makes real money), fantastic coworkers, and the best middle managment I have ever encountered.

Now the above is only true if you're on certian contracts. The big one in Redmond is mine. I can't speak for other projects.

You will meet and work with some incredible people, and if you're lucky, make great connections that will advance your carreer elsewhere. The work environment is a unique beast and I will miss it when Im gone.

Cons

First, the pay... Its the worst in the industry... And its not an easy job. You're not playing games all day. You work your tail off and it can be overwhelming. Don't expect rewards for a job well done.

The client expects the impossible, but they also dont realize you are hardly compensated for the level of stress they lay on your head. They are good people, but they really should push for us to make what we should .

Do not expect adequate communication. You cant know what you dont know that you dont know... And don't expect anyone to fill you in.

Corporate... *sigh* I've worked for some pretty horrid companies. If it weren't for our middle management going to bat for us as best they could... Things would be much much worse.

Oh, and they lie, often. Ask anyone what "In 6 months" or "In november, or July" means...

The way they treat their employees has pushed people into literally. being suicidal. Its all numbers to them. Short term bottom line with zero future planming. Doing the job of three people, here do more...

Want pay? Hah.
    Promotion to match the position youre filling? Dont be silly... Money and promotions are for peopme, you're a drone...

I could go on, but you get the idea.

I will never work for Lionbridge Texhnologies again. I would be better off homeless.

Advice to Management

To those who worked at Redmond Campus. Keep it up. You guys are the best Ive ever seen. I hope you all find bette employment. You're the only reason so many of us stuck around for so long. You inspire loyalty and grow teams that defy reality, and achieve the impossible.

To corporate... Don't forget you employ people... Real people... Who need to eat... In one of the most expensive metros in the country. 11 an hour is a joke when we should be starting at double that.

Take a pay cut and let us eat you greedy scumbags. Go take an economics class. You make more with skilled workers who feel appreciated, and arent overworked, under paid, and miserable.

If you cant do that, please commit seppuku... It would make the world a much better place.

"Rater"

Current Employee - Rater in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Rater in Boise, ID

I have been working at Lionbridge part-time

Pros

Great company, very engaged contact team for a work from home job! Excellent training and resources, flexible hours and amazing pay for what it is and the benefits it offers.

Cons

When I was a contracted employee, they used to run out of tasks during "hot" times, like almost every weekend by Sunday afternoon. Never have I been penalized for not being able to get the suggested hours based on the lack of tasks to do. No issues with this since going to the part time employee position.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome setup! Thank you for the opportunity to allow people to work from home on their preferred schedule.

"Test Technician II"

Current Employee - Test Technician II in Corvallis, OR
    Current Employee - Test Technician II in Corvallis, OR

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Vacation time offered is great

Cons

Wages are not so good

"Internet Search Rater - Part Time"

Current Employee - Internet Search Rater in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Internet Search Rater in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Lionbridge part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, Work from home, o.k. pay (but is actually less per hour due to many unpaid requirements).

Cons

The hourly pay isn't really hourly. Your pay is based on task availability. Each task is allotted a certain amount of time and that is the time you will be compensated for, not matter how long it takes you to correctly accomplish the task. When there are no tasks, you will not be paid. If you work longer on a task, you will not be paid for anything in excess of the allotted time. There are hundreds of pages of guidelines that need to be essentially memorized and are updated frequently requiring review/memorization (UNPAID). The only thing consistent about the monthly Quality Reviews is that they are inconsistent.. Accounts are placed "under review" with no reason given other than "quality issues" and when the review is successfully passed, no feedback is given as to what the problem was or how to fix it; instead the rater is threatened with termination if the account comes under review again within a specified period of time. During the monthly seminar, examples are given as to why many raters "failed" to rate particular search results correctly and then the following month, the seminar completely contradicts the previous month as once again many raters rated a result per the guidelines the previous month and were once again penalized with phrases like "it looks exactly like example X from last month but we feel it was different." There does not appear to be any upward mobility in terms of pay or position although when being hired, the company website states these opportunities are available.

Advice to Management

Make direct offers to raters who have been with the company for a while for elevated positions and pay. Provide actual feedback when accounts are placed under review. Make your QA team provide consistent guidance and when that guidance changes on a whim during the month, don't penalize your raters. Provide more PAID study time and learning activities. Offer benefits to part-time employees.