Lionbridge Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Lionbridge CEO and President John Fennelly
John Fennelly

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Lionbridge also offers good flexibility to work from home (in 156 reviews)

• Good work/life balance, nice environment (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits, no changes in salary (in 28 reviews)

• No pay increases or bonuses based on performance (in 22 reviews)

1. "Lionbridge onDemand: Online Sales"

Current Employee - Online Sales in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Online Sales in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

exciting environment
    great teamwork and culture
    hard work that yields results is rewarded
    commitment to customers
    visibility in the company
    stable industry
    growth potential
    Incentive programs
    new, better commission structure
    Management is readily available for help

Cons

Selling in general is a difficult, 24/7 profession
    long sales cycles sometimes

Advice to Management

I just want to comment on the previous negative comments made about this position. Lionbridge onDemand hires a lot of young, fresh grads who are given the chance to make something of themselves in a sales career very early on in their professional lives. This is not a common opportunity. Unfortunately, if you don't work very hard, don't listen to your manager, and only care about how much PTO you have and what reality TV show is playing tonight, you aren't going to enjoy your experience here, you aren't going to do well, and you aren't going to get along with those that put in a lot of effort and are successful. This is sales. This isn't Candyland. This is the real corporate world and if you aren't willing to put your dues in and really work for the pay grade you so desperately want at the tender age of 23, then it isn't going to be dropped in your lap and no one is going to do the job for you. It is really unfortunate that disgruntled employees who don't have the work ethic or skill set to be successful in sales come here and blame it on the company who wanted to take a chance on them. Sales isn't for everyone and that's fine, but don't criticize others who tried to help you for it.

"DON'T WORK AT ONDEMAND"

I worked at Lionbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is young.
    Snacks are free.

Cons

This place is miserable. Management is oblivious to their favoritism, as well as the most unqualified people are managing teams. IF you have a pretty face or curvy waist, you will succeed here. IF you are willing to be walked over and made to feel small, this job is for you.

My former manager admitted to breaking down multiple times in the bathroom because of how bad upper management mistreats the staff. This place is hands down the most miserable place to work, you will never be valued unless you fall under the categories mentioned above.

Advice to Management

Don't make people managers, when they entirely rely on upper management on how to manage their teams. Also, get rid of upper management. The blind can't lead the blind.

"A joke."

Current Employee - Online Sales Representative in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Online Sales Representative in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's very easy to get a job as an Online Sales Representative because they're desperate for people.

Cons

It's very easy to get this job because it's a revolving door on the Online sales floor. After working under the current VP for even a few weeks you'll begin to regret your decision to begin your employment at this terrible company. The commission structure is .5% to 2% which is VERY low but keep in mind the product your selling is 20 cents... So if you couldn't do that math here it is: the commission is embarrassing. Sales Representatives maintain the full sales cycle and are bamboozled into thinking this makes them experienced however what they're selling is a glorified Amazon ecommerce platform, only they have to cold call in order to get anyone to use it. Absolutely terrible career growth, terrible management that micro manages down to the minute you arrive to work and the minute you leave. No one is treated like an adult.

Advice to Management

Shut down on demand and continue to let the BDDs have success.

4. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

World-class language services. Cutting-edge, revolutionary technology that separates Lionbridge from the competitors. Great work/life balance. Strong management team focused on growth, profitability and market competitiveness. Solid pay and benefits.

Cons

No cons to list for Lionbridge.

Advice to Management

Continue our focus on growth and profitability, expand key growth segments of our business to maximize market share and to enter new markets.

"Ondemand Sales Representative"

I worked at Lionbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-young employees
    -snacks provided for free

Cons

-terrible management
    -extreme favoritism not based on merit
    -unrealistic quotas and awful commission structure
    -promote employees based on who the VP likes. even promoted reps to management positions when they didnt meet quota
    -no clear cut territories thus VP gives inbound leads to who ever he feels like
    -management brings personal problems into the office and takes it out on employees

Advice to Management

leave. this part of the company will NEVER grow and prosper under the current management.

"Online Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Online Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Online Sales Representative

I worked at Lionbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The management really wants certain people to succeed and will bend over backwards to make it happen.
    -The reps themselves are a fun and inclusive group for the most part
    -There is a lot of opportunity for self-teaching and independence

Cons

-The commission model may seem sweet to someone fresh out of college, but it is actually quite poor.
    -There is some favoritism and promotions are common for favorites even if they don't deserve it.
    -If you are not a favorite, you are not helped quite as much.
    -There are not many opportunities for advancement

Advice to Management

The largest problem for me was the favoritism for some and unfair treatment for others. If there is to be favoritism, base it on merit. It's unrealistic to say that a boss can never have favorites, but if they are very obvious and clear cut, people are intimidated to ever express problems about favorite employees.

"Look Elsewhere"

Former Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA

I worked at Lionbridge (More than a year)

Pros

OnDemand department was Good experience for cold calling and sales, but that is it. Good internships available for students who have not yet graduated. Also a great sales training program for people joining for the first couple of weeks.

Cons

The onDemand department is full of false promises and terrible management. They do not make it fun to come into work everyday. Once on their 'bad side' they will do whatever it takes to push you out. I would not recommend anyone to join the onDemand team. Terrible commission structure!

Advice to Management

Spend less time trying to get rid of people and more time trying to develop good yoing talent. Make it enjoyable to work there.

"Lionbridge onDemand - Growth and Opportunity"

Current Employee - Online Sales Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Online Sales Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Lionbridge for over a year and half, and I've been extremely happy here. From a Sales perspective, when I came out of College there were very few companies that offered a position where I wouldn't have to pass leads off to Senior Sales Reps. Working with Lionbridge onDemand, I not only was put in a place where I got to manage relationship with Fortune 500 companies, but I was also able to quickly get promoted to a Sales Manager based off of all of the hard work that I have put in.

Cons

When I started here I didn't really receive any training which was a big obstacle - luckily since then, there has been a comprehensive training program put in place, which is very helpful to new reps.

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing your hardest workers, as they are the ones who drive this company/team!

9. "onDemand"

Current Intern - Online Sales Representative in Waltham, MA
    Current Intern - Online Sales Representative in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Lionbridge as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The ability to learn and grow is simply amazing. Learning from those who have started at the bottom and who know what is up ahead is very helpful.

Cons

Being able to negotiate pay more. Training was limited in the beginning, but now has improved. having to work extra hours sometimes.

"Great work environment with uncapped potential for growth"

Current Employee - OnDemand Online Sales Representative in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - OnDemand Online Sales Representative in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

a lot of room for growth
    relaxed office environment
    mostly young employees
    equal promotion opportunities
    flexible hours

Cons

there honestly isn't many cons working here. The only thing that I can think of is making a lot of phone calls per day. But if this is something you see as a con then sales isn't for you