Lionbridge Employee Reviews about "flexible hours"

Updated Jun 7, 2020

3.4
Lionbridge CEO and President John Fennelly
John Fennelly
Pros
Cons
  • "Contractor position so no benefits(in 45 reviews)

• "No pay increase after initial hire-in(in 31 reviews)

Reviews about "flexible hours"

Return to all Reviews

"Rater"

5.0

I have been working at Lionbridge part-time

Pros

Flexible hours and interesting work.

Cons

No benefits and part-time work.

2. "Good in theory, questionable in practice"

Current Contractor - Mobile Search Reviewer in Hazlehurst, GA

I have been working at Lionbridge for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, easy work, decent pay potential

Cons

There's a lot of things that aren't clearly defined anywhere that you kind of have to figure out yourself. Even though you can "work at your own pace" there are times of the day I've found no tasks available to do. Also, they payout monthly instead of weekly or bi-weekly.

"Flexible hours, poor communication"

Former Employee - Ads Quality Rater

I worked at Lionbridge part-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely flexible hours so a very desirable job for those looking to have something part-time in addition to another job like in my personal scenario. Low skilled labor and entry level position. Some room for very minor advancement; I had the opportunity to apply for a slightly higher paying position which I later obtained (Social Media Evaluator to Ads Quality Rater).

Cons

Difficult qualification exam to obtain the position; this exam also takes a lot of hours which you are not compensated for. Poor communication by upper level management and it is sometimes difficult to get a hold of them if you are experiencing technical difficulties.

4. COVID-19

"Unfulfilling role, deprecating management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Ads Quality Rater

I worked at Lionbridge part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours--when they are actually available

Cons

No quality/work feedback from company until it is too late; no access to HR for mental health checks and well-being at time of employment; no room to grow or be promoted within; feeling of hopelessness; no direction from upper management to produce better, more consistent work; terminated without notice during global pandemic.

"rater"

Current Employee - Quality Rater in Banner Elk, NC

I have been working at Lionbridge part-time

Pros

flexible hours, work any time

Cons

hard to reach management, no guaranteed hours

"Only A Temporary Job"

Former Employee - US Personalized Ads Evaluator

I worked at Lionbridge part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Work from home -Flexible hours -Pretty easy work -Get paid bi-weekly

Cons

-You cannot see how well you’re performing -You can be fired at any time (I was let go unexpectedly) -Work can become boring due to a lack of variety in tasks -You can only work 20 hours a week -Sometimes there are task shortages so it can be hard to accumulate hours

May 29, 2020

Thank you for your review and valuable comments about feedback. - Lionbridge CEO

"Perfect for a SAHM or extra income"

Current Contractor - Ad Assessor

I have been working at Lionbridge

Pros

Work from home, flexible hours, non phone job, do not deal with customers. Allows for a parent to schedule work around school and kid's schedule.

Cons

Contractor position so no benefits. No raises or yearly reviews. Bonuses are minimum. Any time responding to emails or reviewing guidelines are not paid.

May 29, 2020

I'm glad we can create opportunities for SAHMs and others that require flexible schedules. - Lionbridge CEO

"Good part time work from home job"

Former Employee - Internet Quality Rater

I worked at Lionbridge part-time for more than a year

Pros

Professional, flexible hours, they are clear about expectations and do what they say they will do, objective measurements of job performance.

Cons

no more than 20 hrs/week allowed, tasks not always available at popular times

Thank you very much for your feedback. - Lionbridge CEO

9. "Current candidate for employment"

Current Contractor - Online Data Analyst

I have been working at Lionbridge

Pros

Online, flexible work hours, again online

Cons

Can't really figure out how much I'd be making and if it's worth spending 20 unpaid hours of studying/exam taking.

Thanks for providing feedback about your experience. - Lionbridge CEO

"They read your emails."

Rater in Port St Lucie, FL

I worked at Lionbridge for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours. Decent Pay for the work.

Cons

Access to your social media, main email account, computer, and phone are part of the contract. Meaning they can see what you're doing when you aren't working. Because you sign a contract with Lionbridge that allows them to monitor your online/phone activity, its hard to find support groups to connect with other LB employees on social media, because people are understandably afraid of getting let go. Take my advise and don't give them your main email account like they request, create a second email that you use just for Lionbridge and give them that, reading your emails is honestly much too invasive. Tedious. Its honestly a really boring job which made it difficult to do. It wouldn't have been so bad if they kept track of your hours and you didn't have to write down every 1-2 minute task. They make you keep track of your own hours even though they track your time on the platform: I downloaded an extension to keep track for me which was great and increased my productivity since I didn't have to worry writing down my time after every single solitary task which last 1-7mins on average, but they sent an indirect and general email stating that any 3rd party LB "extensions" were not allowed. I ignored the email and kept the extension another few days until they sent an email telling me to check my spam in case I wasn't getting their emails CREEPY. Imagine doing 15 tasks in a row and writing each and everyone down every time because LB doesn't show you the list of tasks you've completed, because that's how it is. If you write down too many hours on your time sheet they will certainly let you know, but they won't let you know if you're under. They don't let you know what task you're working on. The tasks they give you which on average take 1-7 minutes or up to 15 minutes change all the time and they expect you to preform a new task that you've never seen before which in the time from even though there will be new instructions and expectations that you have to read up on that don't count towards your time technically. My advice? If you do a new task count reading the manual toward your time. Also if you find a new job and leave the company like me, MAKE SURE you delete the LB extension and revoke the permissions that allow them to access your gmail.

September 13, 2019Internal Communications