Lionsgate "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Lionsgate Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 4 Aug 2019

3.2
Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer
Jon Feltheimer
Pros
  • "Great people that are all passionate about the entertainment industry which creates a great work culture(in 17 reviews)

• "Enjoyable work environment, easy to learn the ropes(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very low pay compare to industry standards(in 16 reviews)

• "Long hours are often required and an on-call type expectation outside of work(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing company"

Former Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lionsgate for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great work life, great projects. Great place to be in the entertainment industry

Cons

None. The Company has many pros but not many cons.

Lionsgate2019-08-04
  2. "Intern"

Current Intern - Intern in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Lionsgate for less than a year

Pros

Great Office Environment; Great people to work with; Perks: including screenings, lunch and learns, and more; Ability to work on exciting projects and supervisors trust interns with various projects and give pretty clear instructions so you aren't left in the dark. Interns also get to enroll in Lionsgate's 401K program.

Cons

I can't speak for everyone but my HR contact was very unhelpful: wouldn't respond to emails, reach out to see how my internship was going, etc. I have been in many other internships where HR is really hands on with interns or at the very least is very good about replying to emails and/or helping interns succeed when they reach out. The HR experience has been the worst part of this internship as I had sincerely... wanted to meet with my HR rep to discuss any opportunities for advancement within the company or any advice he may have and I felt completely shut out from communicating with him. Other than my experience with HR my experience with everyone else at Lionsgate has been incredible and I truly would recommend anyone looking for an internship to give Lionsgate a shot!

Advice to Management

Keep allowing interns to gain hands-on experience and complete substantive work as that has been the best part of the internship for me. However, please look into revamping the intern program regarding HR. They provide good events, but could be doing more and at least my HR rep has been very unhelpful when reached out to.

Lionsgate2018-11-10
  3. "Great company"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Lionsgate

Pros

Great people that are all passionate about the entertainment industry which creates a great work culture.

Cons

Wish summer friday's were always a thing.

Lionsgate2018-09-23
  4. "Review"

I worked at Lionsgate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Poor management and not much room to grow - great stepping stone

Advice to Management

Be more transparent

Lionsgate2018-04-29
  5. "LG"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Lionsgate full-time for more than a year

Pros

You meet some great people

Cons

Everyone seems underpaid and overworked No sense of company culture or community

Lionsgate2018-03-07

"Depends on what department you're in"

Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Lionsgate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lot of great people who work here. Good benefits. Gave me an opportunity where other studios might not have.

Cons

A lot of this may be about to change, but: Some department seem to balloon with Directors, VPs, SVPs, etc., while others have very little advancement. Not always proud of the quality of movies put out there. Not enough crossover between departments. Low on perks, sometimes you forget that we work in movies/TV/entertainment and it should be fun! Trying to modernize the culture but tough to shake out of the old... school mentality. Pay for assistants and coordinators can be dismal.

Lionsgate2018-02-06
  7. "Loved the internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Lionsgate

Pros

Working at Lionsgate was amazing and I had the opportunity to work with great people.

Cons

Sometimes, there is some waiting around for things to do.

Lionsgate2018-01-24

"Assistant"

I have been working at Lionsgate full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. Summer Fridays where employees get to leave at 1pm. Employee screenings of company film slate. HR tries to implement new and exciting programs for employees including Aveda massages, health fairs, field day, mixers, mentor program, sports teams etc

Cons

Low pay for assistant and coordinator level positions which are all capped at the same rate regardless of experience. Limited potential for growth. Really hard to get promoted at all career levels. The whole company seems overworked and underpaid. It is completely unorganized internally. If they would only hire more people they could probably fix things. There is an INCREDIBLY high turnover rate for assistants. Most... leave after a year. Don't waste your time here - work an entry level position at any other major studio for double the pay! If you are looking at manager/director level positions or above its just as bad. You can find most departments coming in on the weekends to try and catch up on work.

Advice to Management

Hire more people so your company can function and departments have a realistic and manageable workload.

Lionsgate2017-08-20

"Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Publicity and Promotions Coordinator in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Lionsgate full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to learn - many opportunities given Great people Lots of room for growth and improvement

Cons

Often times over-worked Poor work-life balance at times Poor pay

Advice to Management

Better compensation

Lionsgate2017-05-17
  10. "Its great!"

I have been working at Lionsgate

Pros

Great place to work, great people, great environment

Cons

When it gets busy, can be overwhelming but thats normal and comes with the territory.

Lionsgate2017-03-31