Lipari Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Thom Lipari

1. "Category Specialist"

Former Employee - Category Specialist in Warren, MI

I worked at Lipari Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing Company, room for growth if you work hard enough

Cons

worked you to death, nights, weekends, no free time

Advice to Management

Your managers have a life outside of work

2. "Order Selector"

Former Employee - Order Selector in Warren, MI

I worked at Lipari Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good location but that's it.

Cons

Horrible Management. They talk to you as if you are a kid, no respect for employees at all.

Advice to Management

Fire the existing management you have and find people who are willing to work with employees without bias.

3. "Worked like a dog, didn't matter"

Former Employee - Category Specialist in Warren, MI

I worked at Lipari Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

growing company, good sales training

Cons

long hours, goals that you could never achieve

Advice to Management

lighten up. Be realistic

4. "Nightmare with a paycheck"

Former Employee - Order Selector in Warren, MI

I worked at Lipari Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay rate is great and the actual paychecks are almost as good. Extremely easy to get in. Days shift is ok and even though very few people will get a day shift job that was all I could think of saying to add in the 20 word minimum.

Cons

Terrible work place, not my first distribution center job but if this was my first I would have a BAD impression of Distribution Warehouses. Basically when theirs a problem everyone from management down blames everyone until no one is happy. They charge order pullers money for any mistake that happens no matter whose fault it is without any proof as to weather it were true. You get paid by the case but if you come across a product that has been misplaced you go without pay for the amount of time it takes for someone elses problem to be fixed. They call you over the PA system several times a day to come somewhere to be blaimed for things that have nothing to do with you costing you money. You have to plan your sick day's a week in advance. It's nearly impossible to schedule a sick day or a holiday because some people take every other day off while others can't get a sick day. Everyone is extremely rude to each other on nights almost like it's essential to night shift while everyone on day shift for the couple weeks I worked with them were great. They do not have nearly enough parking so everyone normally parks out on the street until 1st brake and then everyone is supposed to go out and re-park their cars. The Warehouse is far too small and they take on more jobs than they can handle so your spending most of your time waiting on others. Their products are very often not where they're supposed to be and you will have to find them using the help of over worked office people who can not keep up with the problems. I had one day worked an 18 hour shift without early notice and one thing you will notice about Lipari is production slows down the more work that comes in because the building is far too small and their is too many people trying to get around. Basically the place is a mess and they offer you a lot of money to make up for their short coming and most of the supervisor has no clue what is going on they just blame everyone below them except one Manager actually excepted his responsibility and you could clearly see how stressed he was about that, I felt sort of bad for him because he put out a plan and it seemed that he was the only manager to actually care about the success of it.

Advice to Management

I seen one of Lipari's supervisors actually really seemed to be good at his job but no one below him had his work ethic. I would force the supervisor's to stop laying off blame on the Order Pickers and stop calling the Order Pickers every 5 minutes. They were calling me up to shipping every 5 minutes to complain about a pallet that did not even have my initials on it and the more they called me the more they seemed to expect something was my fault when rarely anything ever had been. Also start proving to your order pullers when they make mispick's, it gets very aggervating when you slow down production and check every Item's UPC Number to perfection and you suddenly get more Mispicks than you did before you start to realize it's someone else making mistakes. I also always wondered how it was possible that I would get more cases pulled when I did not work hard than when I went hard, it never made any sense. I would go faster than anyone else in the building and have people doubling my numbers while they looked like slow turtles. I seriously doubt any Lipari Management will ever read this or even have any concern for order pullers but you guys seriously have to stop cheating your order pullers before you run out of new people to try out. I have been offered my job back 3 times since getting fired and each If I knew that Lipari did something to fix it's horrible problems I would come back but that place felt like a Nightmare that I desperately wanted out of.

5. "Warehouse environment, kind of strange hours"

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Warren, MI

Pros

Owners are nice people. Interview process was swift. Training was adequate.

Cons

Couldn't adjust to the hours. Started in the evening and sometimes did not get done until early morning.

6. "Good People Not Great Pay"

Former Employee - Manager in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Manager in Warren, MI

I worked at Lipari Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Upper management is respectful and kind. Very good equipment

Cons

They don't pay entry level management very well. I'm sure if your last name is Lipari you are very well paid , I'm sure of it.......Because of a lot of family and friends working there it doesn't leave a lot of room for upward mobility.

Advice to Management

Pull out the wallet once in a while with regards to payroll and raises.

7. "Delivery driver"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Lipari Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leased, newer tractors, good pay, open door policy, ok benefits, family owned

Cons

Loads mixed, gotta dig and separate at each stop, older trailers that break down a lot

Advice to Management

Listen to your drivers and get the loads right

"order Selector"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

I have been working at Lipari Foods full-time

Pros

Pay and Benefits,
    pay structure (also a con). You have the potential to make a lot of money but you can bust your butt all day and make just OK money.
    Internal promotions.

Cons

For how important a role order selectors plays in the company they are treated like second rate employees. you get treated like a child. Pay structure is a pro and a con. In a perfect world the pay structure would work great. When you start losing money because of problems that you have no control over it really takes a toll on your morel. Using vacation and your call in days can be a pain. The turnover rate for this position is basically a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like adults and not second rate employees. Crack down on selectors "cheating the system" to keep the system as fair as possible. It's amazing how many selectors quit leaving behind such good pay. I would say something needs to change.

9. "Good times"

Former Employee - Day Distributor Selector in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Day Distributor Selector in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Lipari Foods (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, nice discounts, close to home, and decent benefits

Cons

There aren't many I can think of. Pay is the only issue I had.

10. "returns associate"

Former Employee - Inventory Control Clerk in Saint Clair Shores, MI
    Former Employee - Inventory Control Clerk in Saint Clair Shores, MI

I worked at Lipari Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The have plenty of hours

Cons

They have a very politically driven relationship with one another

Advice to Management

Treat employees that already work for you like the friends you fire them for