KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Liquid Web Inc. Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2021

Found 146 of over 147 reviews

3.4
Liquid Web Inc. CEO Jim Geiger (no image)
Jim Geiger
Pros
  • "A relaxed dress code and unlimited soft drinks are appreciated(in 18 reviews)

• "Coworkers are friendly, free food and pinball in the break room(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management seems to have no idea what the employees even do(in 13 reviews)

• "This was the solution they offered to low pay and low wages (support incentive program)(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Liquid Web Inc. and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

A great place to lunch a career

May 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great job. Plenty of movement if you are adaptable

Cons

Just be prepared to work hard

1 person found this review helpful

The Liquid Web Team

Thank you so much for your review.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

great company but no merit compensation

Jul 14, 2021 - Sales in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

great sales team and great culture

Cons

after several year, never got a raise based on performance.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Liquid Web review

Jul 21, 2021 - Technician in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

No pros to speak about

Cons

Executives are more concerned with buying up other companies rather than improving the support tools for technicians already working there. Many contractors have started to come in as well

4. 3.0

Low pay good environment

Jul 16, 2021 - Linux L3 Administrative in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to learn If you are in job security is pretty good.

Cons

Not much career advancement available. Low pay if not the lowest for the industry

5. 3.0

n/a

Jul 15, 2021 - L2 Linux Support Engineer in Lansing, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

it is a job and they pay

Cons

pay is well below national average

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to start

Jun 18, 2021 - Customer Support Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to get your feet wet in the tech/webhosting industry. Little room for advancement though so get your experience and get out.

Cons

Low pay in comparison to competitors. Tasks are mired in bureaucracy and micromanagement. Upper management and executives are tone deaf and not in touch with lower level employees' day to day duties.

The Liquid Web Team

Thank you for your review. As part of our Human Resource practices, we conduct regular market salary studies. We are competitive with our pay and offer yearly reviews on employee performance. We continue to invest in training in and development of team members, and have a history of internal promotions to fill many openings each year. Please reach out to your manager or the HR team and we would be happy to help guide you.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing company

Apr 22, 2021 - Tech Support in Lansing, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is growing and opportunities are being generated for growth. and there is lots of overtime

Cons

the workload can be heavy

1 person found this review helpful

The Liquid Web Team

Thank you for your review. We will share your feedback with our leadership team.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Liquid Web Review

Apr 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Liquid Web as a company is a rock solid web host that's been in business for many years. The people that comprise the company are some of the most intelligent, kind, and enlightened community I have had the pleasure of working with. The CXX leaders are smart business people who have the acumen to grow and move the company forward. I would not hesitate to work with them again. The products they offer are diverse, well maintained, and supported.

Cons

The downsides were evident after the corporate sale a few years ago. We went through a rough patch after modifying our support model. Prior to this, the Liquid Web "Heroes" would always offer to try and assist clients with any issue, with the caveat that we gave no promise it would work. 99% of the time we provided the assistance needed which satisfied them. This reputation grew our clientele, mainly by word of mouth, which over the years allowed us to service tens of thousands of clients. When the investment firm took over, this model changed us from Heroes, to simply helpful humans. Our terms of service were modified and enforced in respect to the level of support provided to only our primary guaranteed support. Beyond that, we only provided info and wished the client well. The dissatisfaction with this change was evident right away and widely shared on multiple platforms, and we lost clients. The major issue was, our focus changed from putting the team first (who put the clients first), to putting the money first. This paradigm shift caused an exodus of senior admins and other employees, which basically took decades of knowledge with them. Now, only a shell of its former self remains with support being outsourced across the globe. It was truly sad to see our clients suffer due to the increased focus on monetary gain at the clients expense.

3 people found this review helpful

The Liquid Web Team

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It isn’t simply “helpful humans”, we are proud to be The Most Helpful Humans in Hosting and we are proud of maintaining the industry's best NPS scores. We are bummed you didn’t feel this mantra while you were with us. Our focus is on delivering the best experience in hosting for our customers and remaining a survivor in a consolidating industry.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Apr 24, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment is fun and educational.

Cons

I can’t think of something that is a con.

The Liquid Web Team

Thank you for your review.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great People but ever changing sales focuses

Mar 9, 2021 - Hosting Advisor in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some great/helpful people in every department. Flexible about working from home and work/life balance

Cons

ever-changing sales quotas and product focusses, not much invested in training for new hires. Lower on the pay spectrum for industry as a whole (not necessarily locally)

The Liquid Web Team

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. As part of our Human Resource practices, we conduct regular market salary studies. We're growing and with growth comes change. And we know that isn't always easy. Our focus is on delivering the best experience in hosting for our customers and remaining a survivor in a consolidating industry.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 146 Reviews