Cover image for Liquid Web Inc.
Logo

62% Recommend to a Friend
68% Approve of CEO

Found 170 of over 172 reviews

3.4
Liquid Web Inc. CEO Jim Geiger (no image)
Jim Geiger

78 Comments

Tech

644.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Liquid Web Inc.~254255
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Liquid Web Inc.? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Liquid Web Inc. employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits(as you can see from other reviews) This is extremely important as I have a family to support.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Great people(in 15 reviews)
  • "The work environment is relaxed and built around giving people the ability to get things done.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Free food and beverages all the time(in 9 reviews)
  • "Free drinks and occasionally lunch(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Liquid Web Inc. and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Really nice company

Sep 5, 2022 - Linux Technical Support in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learn new problems every single day.

Cons

Salary is too little based on the stress one needs to take

2 people found this review helpful

The Liquid Web Team

Thank you for your time with Liquid Web. Unfortunately, without much insight into what specifically your concerns are, we are unable to use your feedback to its fullest potential. Our focus is on delivering the best experience in hosting for our customers in a very competitive and dynamic industry. We take all reviews seriously and will share your feedback with our leadership team.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great people to work with!!

Nov 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Liquid Web has some of the most genuine people to work with! It makes work not feel like work most days because everyone is doing it together!

Cons

Not the most pay competitive

1 person found this review helpful

The Liquid Web Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We love our teams and are happy that you are experiencing that as well. We have forwarded your input to our leadership team.

3. Join the Liquid Web Inc. team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

N/A

Nov 13, 2022 -  in Roseville, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get great opportunities for technical experience. It is fairly easy to move up if you work hard and continue to learn new skills.

Cons

I wish the pay was higher and there was more PTO available within the first 2 years of employment.

The Liquid Web Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We have forwarded your input to our leadership team. We hope that you will continue to enjoy opportunities to learn more, do more, and move up.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good place to start

Oct 28, 2022 - Systems Administrator in Lansing, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to start and get your feet wet.

Cons

Could pay a bit better but fair for people new to the feild.

The Liquid Web Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and also for your time with us.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good job for region

Sep 14, 2022 - Technical Support Specialist in Lansing, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent culture amongst coworkers, no real quotas at that time to fulfill, consistent work to further learning, etc. Excellent training team, taught several workers how to tech from initial zero knowledge on lamp stack.

Cons

The usual as a support tech- certain customers were aggressive/sexist/insulting. Par for the course.

The Liquid Web Team

Thank you for your time at Liquid Web. And for helping us be the Most Helpful Humans in Hosting! - even when a few customers make it tough. We appreciate our support employees.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Enjoy being lied to your face and being required to sell things

Sep 22, 2022 - Linux Server Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are full remote since the pandemic

Cons

The list goes on forever. Terrible pay. They lie to your face about the direction of the company. They'd rather outsource support than give clients a good experience, which is why they've lost all their largest clients.

2 people found this review helpful

The Liquid Web Team

Thank you for your time with Liquid Web. We’re growing, and with growth comes change. And we know that isn’t always easy. Our focus is on delivering the best experience in hosting for our customers in a very competitive and dynamic industry. We take all reviews seriously and will share your feedback with our leadership team.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to grow and learn

Aug 5, 2022 - Linux Technician in Lansing, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is good Work Remotely

Cons

Benefits could better. Not providing competitive pay rates.

The Liquid Web Team

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee

Going down hill

Jul 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is ok, benefits were ok, as well.

Cons

They replace people quarterly. Don't get attached to your position. When they miss their unrealistic targets, they will let people go on a whim.

The Liquid Web Team

Like all companies across the world, the Great Resignation hurts. It’s not just us as we hear from our partners, customers, vendors, and, of course, in the news. But, it is not a referendum on our company, strategy, and leadership. We’ve built a company where people have learned skills and grown in their capabilities, and employers are attracted to that. And we wish them well. On the positive side, we are also attracting new talent to join us, and we’re thrilled to add their expertise and energy to our work. Additionally, it has opened up great opportunities for employees to step into new leadership positions or broader roles within the company. Both are good for us, and we appreciate our employees for helping us power through.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Circling the drain

Jul 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good though getting worse. Pay is okay but not keeping up with inflation.

Cons

Pay, lack of raises, lack of communication or care from upper management. Zero mobility. Every team is in it's own unique bubble that refuses to mesh with any other team. Senior staff members are fleeing while their replacements get zero training.

The Liquid Web Team

We're happy that you realize that we have worked hard to establish good benefits and fair pay. Last year, we completed a very positive merit cycle, and as this is being posted, we have entered our 2022 review and merit processes. In addition, we have many employees who have taken on new roles and opportunities within our companies this year, which is a goal of ours. It's difficult as an employer to be held responsible for the broader economic issues driving inflation.

11. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Unless its your IT start, not worth your time.

Jul 14, 2022 - Network Operations in Lansing, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ease of entree to the IT and web hosting world. Great start with people who what to help you succeed. Offers Several departments to further abilities in specific areas: Linux Windows Web Panels Security Hardware Networking Sales Your supervisor and peers are generally friendly and helpful to your growth. Remote work for most departments.

Cons

They wont pay you your worth, they will continuously tote record sales while keeping raises at a minimum, usually less then the raise in inflation. Outside of Management, all department changes are considered lateral and will not come with a raise. Management sucks and the work load keeps increasing, It is now also at the point where Server Support Teams have to also push products as if they are sales or they get negative remarks in their reviews. There is also unfair disbursement of work and treatment across teams in the individual departments. Over the 6 1/2 years I was there, they also made benefits worse and took away things that helped further the culture that we use to enjoy. Free lunches/dinners are gone, Medical got more expensive for weaker benefits, PTO allotments and caps got worse, holiday parties and holiday benefits went away. Any form of fight for better pay goes no where beyond your supervisor. It is almost always shot down as they do not care to retain employees until they started bleeding too many. Support and Sales is on a hefty turn over, The security team is lacking people for work, Networking lost 50% of the team over the course of 3 months. If you are not on first shift, you more or less have no say or weight in anything going on with your team or department. You are more or less treated as a warm body.

The Liquid Web Team

Thank you for your time at Liquid Web. It is true that, as a business, we balance growth and earnings and make decisions from that perspective. Having a strong, solid business is expected by our investors and is important to our employees and customers. It is how we remain in business and get the opportunity to grow, which benefits all of us. We're proud of the # of employees who have stepped into new leadership positions or broader roles within the company, and we recently completed a very positive merit cycle. However, it's probably unfair to expect any employer to handle the rising cost of inflation. We wish you the best.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 170 Reviews
</>Embed

Liquid Web Inc. Reviews FAQs

Liquid Web Inc. has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 172 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Liquid Web Inc. to a friend and 40% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Liquid Web Inc. employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Liquid Web Inc.. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

62% of Liquid Web Inc. employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Liquid Web Inc. 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Liquid Web Inc. to be coworkers, career development, benefits and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Liquid Web Inc. Job Seekers