Liquid Web Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 4, 2019

Found 116 reviews

3.6
Jim Geiger
Pros
  • "Very relaxed dress code - there's not(in 17 reviews)

• "Free food every other Friday and they provide drinks at all times(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management doesn't understand workflow or care(in 11 reviews)

• "This was the solution they offered to low pay and low wages (support incentive program)(in 7 reviews)

"Huge Upside"

Current Employee - Finance in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Feel like I am part of a team and feel that my voice is heard.

Cons

Remote employees and multiple locations

Liquid Web Inc.2019-05-28

"Exciting place to work while solving some good problems"

Current Employee - Engineering Leader in Remote, OR

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Uses the latest technology to solve problems C Suite knows what they are doing and cares about the company Flexible remote teams Competitive pay

Cons

Can seem Lansing oriented at times

Advice to Management

Always need to be looking ahead at technology trends and new ideas.

Liquid Web Inc.2019-06-04

"Great to work for a company that actually cares about their employees"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time

Pros

Liquid Web genuinely cares about its employees and their lives. Although it is a large company, it seems small by the amount of care and compassion upper management & HR has towards everyone. My managers are listeners instead of commanders, and we have a sense of teamwork where everyone has a voice, value, and contributes to the bigger picture.

Cons

Many employees work remotely which makes it hard to get to know some employees.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Companies with real values are hard to find but really appreciated.

Liquid Web Inc.2019-05-23
  4. "Great Company, if you dont mind perl"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly relaxed atmosphere Good pay for the area Great benefits Flexible scheduling

Cons

Low Growth, Low Advancement Opportunity, Perl, lackluster Holidays + PTO for new employees

Advice to Management

I know that you've done alot to try to modernize the company software, so please keep it up! Holidays/PTO is pretty low when your new, which is fine for entry level employees but may make it hard to entice senior devs to join on.

Liquid Web Inc.2019-05-30

"Great place for career and family"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work for a work/life balance. Benefits are company paid, plenty of paid vacation. Free food and drinks continuously. Opportunities for advancement, I've promoted several times with a couple of years. High level of visibility, I've met and talked with all of our C-Level executives. There are multiple events throughout the year with concerts, family events, or just food and drinks (the fun kind.) The dress...

Cons

There are always downsides to companies, but there are no glaring ones here. When listed I feel like they're more geared toward one persons experience - the whole is certainly taken care of.

Advice to Management

Keep taking care of your employees the way that you do and we'll be here for the long haul.

Liquid Web Inc.2019-05-22

"Fantastic place to learn and grow with positive people."

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere where anyone can be themselves and be accepted. There are tons of resources and great people to learn from. There is always a very positive vibe around the office. Of all of the jobs I've had in the IT sector, it is by far the most enjoyable.

Cons

I don't have any cons to mention other than I would like to see the higher ups more cuz they genuinely seem to care about you feel.

"Lots of opportunities"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

High growth with lots of opportunities Great benefits Interesting people

Cons

Always busy but sometimes hectic

Advice to Management

Take time to celebrate

Liquid Web Inc.2019-05-24

"This company helped me tremendously in a very troubling time"

Current Employee - Strategic Enterprise Account Executive in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time

Pros

Humanity - I felt compeled to write this review after receiving so much love and TLC from the entire company all the way up to the board while experiencing some of the most dificult times and trials in my life. When your child gets diagnosed with a major illness and has a majory surgery the last things you want to worry about is what is my job going to say. Liquid Web stood up to the test and provided such a personal...

Cons

Every company goes through changes so expect a little change of direction here and there. This isnt so much a con to me as we live in an ever changing world but if you are looking for a super structured monilithic company with a droning job, this might not be the place for you. If you are open to change and can embrace it when it comes about, you could be a good fit. The best thing is leadership is open to discuss changes...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I know at times leadership is a thankless job but the compassion and openness and other valuable charicteristics that you have demonstrated are unmatched. The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Liquid Web Inc.2019-05-13

"Great Place to Work and Grow"

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Liquid Web offers lots of opportunities to improve and grow. They spend considerable resources on both internal and external training. Every supervisor I've worked with was very open to helping me explore next steps in my career, even if that meant moving to a different department. Hard work is rewarded. Benefits package is incredible (costs have risen slightly in the last year or two, but nothing like the rest of the...

Cons

Definitely some growing pains as the company transitions from privately held to a more formal corporate environment. However, leadership works hard to support a comfortable culture balancing work and fun.

Advice to Management

Perceptions of salaries in the industry suggest that Liquid Web might have room for improvement. Cost of living is very low in Lansing compared to tech centers like Seattle, but there still appears to be a growing gap.

Liquid Web Inc.2019-05-22

"A Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

My experience has always been a fun and collaborative work environment. I believe the majority of employees always do what's best for the customer and continue to go the extra mile even if they don't have to. I enjoy the ability to be able to take my ideas and run with them. Liquid Web has the best medical/dental benefits out of all the previous companies I have ever worked for.

Cons

No matter what company you work for, you're always going to experience some kind of pains or inconveniences. Yes, sometimes we have do deal with a lot of pressure to launch projects quickly, hit lead and sales targets. I've experienced those same pressures at all the previous tech companies I've worked at before. The only con I can really think of is that I don't often see my Lansing, MI coworkers in-person.

Advice to Management

In terms of overall strategy, I believe we're going in the right direction. I appreciate the ability to give feedback to my VPs and even C-level. Again, I've worked at companies before where we would rarely interact with the C-suite. It's nice to have that engagement here.

Liquid Web Inc.2019-05-09