Liquid Web Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Jim Geiger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Very relaxed dress code - there's not" (in 14 reviews)

• "free food everyday if you need it provided by the company (burgers and hot dogs)" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management doesn't understand workflow or care" (in 10 reviews)

• "Micromanagent In support is getting bad, mandated ticket numbers along with very high levels of understanding for low pay" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Sales in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Sales in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing place to work, top notch management and low stress

Cons

None to think of really

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do

2. "Fun place to work"

I worked at Liquid Web Inc. full-time

Pros

Small and fun environment to work for.

Cons

Does have some operational issues.

3. "You get out of your experience what you put into it"

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Community is important, you work with friends more than coworkers. There are movie outings and outside of work get-togethers to help build on this and encourage people to build a social network.

* There are opportunities to advance both in position and in technical skill. Moving between teams/departments internally is encouraged and happens on a regular basis, certification classes are offered without charge to the employee.

* You can actually make changes, from updating internal wikis to refining procedures. The employees do drive much of the change and improvements at the company and change _does_ happen.

Cons

* There is a disconnect between the workforce and management that is acknowledged but not resolved.

* Many of the opportunities are only available if you make them available, you have to advocate for yourself.

* Many of the employees, both workforce and management, remember the past with a rosy tint and are reluctant to change or admit than change for the better has happened.

Advice to Management

You have a stable of incredibly intelligent people working hard to build something with you and pretending they are anything less is why you get the hostility you get. You’ve shown a desire to make things better, so please put effort into making the changes that need to happen and you’ll find the “us vs them” mentality fade.

4. "Amazing company to grow with."

Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. (More than a year)

Pros

You don't work at Liquid Web, you grow with them. One of the requirements is you must have fun. They seriously tell you this in the interview process, which by the way is amazing!

Cons

Not a con, more of a challenge. Taking it all in. There is just so much h to learn. Fortunately they have amazing training and ridiculously supportive teams.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing!

5. "Wonderful company to work for"

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has focus and ambition. Leadership cares about the success of their team, the mission of the company, and the professional growth of their employees.

Cons

You will come across employees that do not believe in the mission of the company, but these will be the same people that can't accept change with anything. This is the not the majority.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on progressing the company and not so much on the politics

6. "Rewarding work, if you understand the mission"

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Its been pretty great working at Liquid Web. Year on year they are reinvesting and expanding the company, and the higher ups definitely care about their customers, not just as numbers but as people that need great service. Regular opportunities for internal advancement, performance based bonuses and raises, and bosses that listen and want to help. Satisfied customers are very rewarding; and Liquid Web provides the tools to fix problems for them in short order. Compensation is average for entry level positions.

Cons

There is a counterculture of nay-saying and more stubborn employees that aren't aligned with the company vision for heroic service and support, and they can impact morale if you let them.

Advice to Management

Invest more heavily in front end training. The company originally provided weeks of training at the start of your job, but this has tapered, causing employees to need self-driven education, which doesn't work for everyone.

7. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great working environment
    Great benefits with extremely low employee contribution
    Casual atmosphere

Cons

Could use more flexibility with working from home
    pay could be higher
    more training/enrichment opportunities

Advice to Management

Be more available to the workers on the floor and continue working on better communication to everyone in the company. Town hall meetings are a step in the right direction but increase their frequency or better yet just show up and talk to the employees.

8. "Great Opportunity"

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall:
    I have been with Liquid Web for over a year, and so far it has been great. There are changes the company is making for the better, however, some veteran employees are complacent and can't move forward and adapt to change. Overall, I think the company focus and the direction it is moving toward is a positive.

Career Opportunites: If you are passionate, adaptable, and eager to learn there are opportunities available. You just have to show your drive and what you can bring to the table.

Benefits: The healthcare packages are one of the best I have ever had.

Work/Life Balance: Great! Ability to Work From Home which is great.

Senior Managment: There is an open door policy which is great. Although it seems intimidating, I have taken this opportunity and it is great just being listened to.

Culture and Values: Good.

Cons

As mentioned before, some veteran employees cannot move forward with change, which can bring morale down.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to move forward and do not listen to the negativity. Those who see and believe the vision will stay.

9. "Great company full of potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great working environment with free food, beverages, and each team has an event budget they get to spend on fun events.
    Best healthcare I have ever received from an employer and at the lowest cost. I pay a few bucks a paycheck for my entire family and have great coverage.
    The company is growing at a fast pace creating the need for new departments and roles. As someone who has worked for the opposite (companies that were declining) I can really appreciate the benefits of working for a company that is growing and allows for individual employee growth.

Cons

Would like more flexibility around working from home.
    I think we could do more to celebrate our victories. Sometimes it feels like we complete a big project and then jump right into the next, without taking a moment to acknowledge the win.
    We use to do ongoing training that happened every month, that seems to have slowed way down. Would like to see those pick back up.

Advice to Management

You have a well educated understanding of the industry and it is clear that we are moving in the right direction, but I am not sure everyone on the floor understands. Best advice I can give is to try and find ways to share your knowledge and vision for the company in a way that resonates with the collective staff. We have town halls and I see a lot of emails sent out covering this, but I still come across folks out on the floor who have yet to understand the why.

10. "Learn your trade and make some money doing it."

Current Employee - Developer in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Developer in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Very relaxed work environment.
    - Flexible working arrangements.
    - Company Laptop (if you're an on-call employee).
    - Moderately decent pay (depending on position).
    - Trying new things encouraged, and rewarded.
    - Free hot dogs, hamburgers & beverages.
    - You gain great experience in a lot of different areas.
    - Lots of opportunity for growth.
    - Dope Pokèstop right outside the building.

Cons

- The pay is a touch below industry standard, but this is usually tolerable because you won't want to kill yourself when you have to goto work. And benefits are nice.
    - Seems to be headed towards a more corporate structure (which is good in some ways, scary in others).
    - Some employees have bad attitudes, act like they are being forced to work there against their will. Leave if you don't like your compensation, go anywhere else and see what type of raises and benefits you get.

Advice to Management

You have more business knowledge then me, I have no advice on that front. I'd just say to keep protecting the culture at Liquid Web, it's one of the biggest reasons people (myself included) stay there.