Liquidation Channel Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin Lyons

1. "Customer service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Liquidation Channel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, I love everyone I work with. The company is growing and their is a lot of opportunities. I am excited to grow my career

Cons

I can't think of any

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Liquidation Channel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very energetic place. Lots of learning opportunities.

Cons

There can be better benefits.

"Extremely disjointed - feeling of fulfillment depends largely on your position here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Liquidation Channel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Many nice people work here who genuinely work hard, and they'll look out for you
    - Pretty good benefits for full-time employees
    - Reliable hours for full-time (hourly) employees
    - My manager was a kind, intelligent person who always had my back, yet made sure that I stayed focused on what was important and picked my battles wisely.
    - The internal employee committees did their best to create and participate in fun events for the employees, both in and out of the office

Cons

- Severe lack of communication, especially inter-departmental
    - Long-term employees often left the company suddenly, leaving a lot of responsibilities and a huge void that no one had been trained to fill
    - Most of the HR department consists of unqualified, unprofessional bullies who both protect and contribute to a toxic, hostile work environment
    - HR department frequently fumbles when it comes to finding replacements for long-term employees. They often lose focus on the big picture and either bring someone in at the very last minute, or they find a replacement half a year later, if not longer.
    - Good, hard-working people often go unrecognized for their commitment and high performance; cruel, manipulative people who consistently and openly botch their own responsibilities throw the hard workers under the bus and for this, are rewarded and afforded ridiculous levels of undeserved privilege within the company.

Advice to Management

Again, my manager was very good to me; they understood and supported me when I chose to leave the company, so this advice is not for them, but to many other managers at the LC:

Be considerate of your employees - don't abuse them or try to "keep" them. Their career is about them, not you. Don't bully them into remaining stagnant just to toil in making up for the shortcomings in your own department. That is not their problem to fix. If they want to move up or move on, you need to support them out of respect for what they produced for you in their work ethic and commitment.

In short, do not take it personally when your employees want to leave your department or the company, entirely. It may have nothing to do with you, but if you try to lock them in, your interference WILL become a deciding factor, and you will fully deserve that loss.

"Warehouse Associate"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Liquidation Channel (More than 3 years)

Pros

The salary for third shift is decent. Not enough to keep employees from leaving on a monthly basis, but still decent.

Cons

There is little to no communication between management and staff. Safety regulations are an absolute joke. Only one of the scissor lift operators is actually certified to operate a scissor lift. Staff are treated like pack mules. Part-time workers are expected to work a full-time schedule without receiving benefits. The only way a person can move up is if they're willing to brown nose. I've seen some of the worst workers get promoted simply because they're willing to kiss up to the boss. Meanwhile, the workers that have been working there for up to five years, and have gone above and beyond there job requirements, are completely ignored.

Advice to Management

Improve communication or get better managers.

"Do NOT go to work here!"

Former Employee - Personal Shopper in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Personal Shopper in Austin, TX

I worked at Liquidation Channel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a really good supervisor. She tried very hard to make it worthwhile working for Liquidation Channel. The Health Benefits were very good.

Cons

The Lead Agents were pretty unprofessional. The pay was terrible. Out of 14 local call centers, LC was second to last in pay.

Advice to Management

Raise the pay! I have never seen such a huge turnover in any other job I worked for. Why do you think that is?

"Don't do it unless you need work experience"

Pros

They will hire/ promote anyone which is great for individuals but bad for people who have to work with/for them.

Cons

It is amazing that they are still in business. Their "executive team" made up of clueless foreign men somehow feel that they know what American women like and will literally ignore the opinions of Americans on their staff. They hire inexperienced people because people who have worked other places find it hard to adapt to their backwards thinking. Employees who have been there a while sabotage positive change. The hosts walk around like they are actual celebrities, walking past people who answer phones or pick warehouse orders as if they are beneath them, which is funny because most of them are tacky and gross. I heard they recently rehired a host who was fired for sexual harassment because in their opinion he really wasn't that bad. They are low budget Public Access quality television with poor quality, tacky merchandise...they can't be making much profit especially considering all of the Visas they pay for. Most employees that are truly talented find positions elsewhere, so now they are stuck with leftovers and people who are bound by Visas.

Advice to Management

Give up while you can, your customers are dying or turned off by poor quality. You can't afford the investment to get your product and people up to par.

8. "true review from employee"

Pros

Flexible with your time
    you gain experiences that will help you move on to better things.

Cons

There is no future once you get to a "higher" position
    Raises are completely out of the question especially if you are a women.
    Managers do not speak on your behalf. They are scared for their own jobs
    HR are terrible they have no voice for anyone in the company they are just as bad as the people that own the company.
    They only help their kind

Advice to Management

Get better training and learn how to speak up for the people under you instead of being scared of executives. It is bs how even the executives dont speak for their own.

"Review"

Pros

Good company to learn and gorw

Cons

Nothing as such which is major

Advice to Management

Open and care for the employees

"It's okay for entry-level"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Liquidation Channel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They don't care much about your prior knowledge...if you can learn the job then they'll hire you so it's a good start for those just looking for a job. It's fairly laid back and casual. Medical benefits are cheap.

Cons

Little to no room to advance. The business is run based on decisions made by 4-5 individuals...very little feedback is taken from customers and employees. You feel like you are a minion there to do whatever the master says.

Advice to Management

Communicate, don't play favorites, let people work from home, give people off on standard American holidays, listen to your employees, stop making decisions on a whim...your workers and customers suffer from that.

11. "PREP"

I have been working at Liquidation Channel full-time

Pros

fast pase enviroment. the employess there are great

Cons

do not give out raises. poor communication and organization.

Advice to Management

communication