Liquidity Services Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Liquidity Services Chairman and CEO Bill Angrick III
Bill Angrick III

Pros
  • Nice upscale office building in good location with free covered parking (in 6 reviews)

• great people and great work environment (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They say work/life balance but that consists of nights and weekends and about 80 (in 8 reviews)

• There is no one in a leadership position that is strong enough to make the right decisions to change the direction (in 6 reviews)

1. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Intern in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Liquidity Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were very friendly and the environment was the right balance. Everyone was very encouraging and relaxed.

Cons

I did not get to learn as much as i think I could have during this experience.

2. "Engineer"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Friendly, hard-working coworkers. Great Benefit.

Cons

Very tight deadline and lack of communication from the top.

3. "Customer Service Rep Review"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Liquidity Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, laid-back management, high paying for CSR positions, comfortable office space, thorough training.

Cons

Hiring freeze from temp to employee, don't always give employees all of the tools to help the customer, short staffed.

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Liquidity Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked here for a few months now and my group is amazing. My boss is fantastic. He is very busy but always makes time to talk with the team, on a personal level and as a manager. I can honestly say he is one of the best managers I've ever had.

Cons

None to speak of really, I haven't been here long but I love it so far!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, hopefully one day I can move into management at this company.

6. "Liquidity Services is on the right track"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

The culture of the Houston office is fantastic and always fun. It feels more like we are still our own small company but we still get the benefits of being affiliated with the industry leader in our field. There has been a lot of new blood entering the company the past few years which is very refreshing. There are some very accomplished individuals that I consider myself lucky to learn new things from.

Cons

There seems to be a lack of direction on where we go from here. Our division seems content with farming the existing client base rather than seeking out new opportunities to hunt. I am not 100% confident that the right people are in place to grow our existing client base well beyond what it currently is. There is talent in other areas not being fully utilized especially when it comes to sales experience and drive.

Advice to Management

There are individuals who may not have the seniority of some in management but they came to this company bringing a wealth of experience that needs to be at the forefront leading and making better decisions than have been made over the past few years. Reign in outside sales and focus the department on expanding our client base. There are opportunities out there to be had if the right leaders can be put into place. Luckily, I feel like we have these people on our team ready to be utilized.

"Working at Liquidity Services feels like working at a startup company, but with good backing"

Current Employee - Director IT in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Director IT in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Liquidity Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at this company for 15 months. The company offers great benefits and a competitive salary. I'm in the IT department and have had the opportunity to meet and work with people in sales, marketing, and customer service. There was a major learning curve for the first 6 months as the company was built by acquisition of several companies (6 or 7) and each has been allowed to run mostly independently. The CEO Bill Angrick is approachable and I have had the pleasure of speaking to him several times. He has dropped in on several meetings to express gratitude and appreciation to our dedication. There are very passionate managers and leaders working in all the departments and they are committed to continuous improvement. The company is working on it's transformation to bring the multiple companies into 1 unified business. This is a very interesting time that presents a unique business experience. The business has gone through difficult times in 2014 and morale has certainly been challenging, but as part of a transformation these are natural occurrences in my opinion. Leadership is making the right moves to build up the business. Moreover, management is willing to listen and they are taking measures to improve the work environment, culture and career development. I have read other reviews where people have expressed their discontent but in my opinion, these are people that are stuck in their legacy business and are unable/unwilling to embrace the necessary changes needed to catapult this company into a successful global enterprise. I have brought former work colleagues to Liquidity Services and we enjoy working here. The people that are staying with the company have great attitude and are eager to working as a team to grow the business.

Cons

With transformation and growth comes complex business challenges and with a company built by acquisitions, a corporate culture is virtually non existent (although it's getting better). Culture is very siloed so some people don't have the same work/life experience as others. The silos of people are "protective" of their business environment so there has been finger pointing. Being in IT that pointing has come our way many times. I think that was mostly happening because people were sensing changes in human resources. This type of attitude has changed significantly in the past few months which is a relief. The pace is often fast and furious so you have to learn how to communicate with management and set expectations.

Advice to Management

Keep working on building a healthy culture and work on building an environment of "work hard - play hard". We need to take a page out of those companies that provide a more fun and positive work environment. I don't mind spending long hours at work occasionally but it would be nice to have space to socialize with co-workers.

8. "Many positive changes over the last year"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Houston, TX

I have been working at Liquidity Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office environment is good and most everyone is friendly and has a sense of humor. Benefits are very strong with some of the best medical, dental, and 401K plans available. The team at LSI is very passionate about the business and cares about each other and the customers. It can a fun place to work and there are multiple team events during the year to better get to know everyone in the office. The company does a great job of identifying and rewarding people who do a great job and are good team members. There continues to be a lot of career opportunities as the company evolves and changes and I have seen several colleagues and team members earn well deserved promotions. One of the biggest pros for me is that the CEO of the company also founded the company (15 years ago). Like a Michael Dell or Steve Jobs, he could retire but continues to work very hard and has a deep passion for the company. Compared to many CEOs I have worked under, he truly understands the business and thinks long term. I have worked at 4 different companies over my career - and this is the only place I’ve been where I enjoy coming to work on Monday mornings.

Cons

As the company grows and tackles challenges, there continues to be changes made which can be uncomfortable at times. There are periods of work that can be quite intense in order to meet customer or project requirements and there is related stress just like in any meaningful job. There are pockets of the organization where talent, innovation, and accountability needs to be improved.

Advice to Management

Continue to try to put the best person in place for each position in the company. Upgrade talent where needed and develop an experienced team that can be engaged as the company growth rate accelerates and additional leaders are needed to manage the growth. Take your time in analyzing decisions and get input from multiple sources to get a clear understanding of the benefits and risks of strategic decisions.

"Get what you put in"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Liquidity Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generally, my experience has been unstructured. I definitely have the opportunity to shape my own workflow and be entrepreneurial. This is a great thing for people who thrive in this environment but can hinder those who need more structure. Generally, I have had a lot of access and exposure to senior management.

Cons

Again, see above for unstructured environment, for those that like structure this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Needs to focus and streamline the different business units. Nimbleness needs to be strength of any small company like LSI and we need to make sure to maintain this.

"Fast growing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Liquidity Services full-time

Pros

friendly working enviroment, fast pace

Cons

not much to say about cons

11. "A great company to work for with some room for growth!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

This company is a good company to work for. They have a fairly good lock on the market and give a good opportunity to grow. Like any job the work you put in will be worth it. Also the DC office is located close to the metro and right around a nice area.

Cons

The only small downside of working here was the somewhat fragmented because departments did not have a lot of direct interaction.

Advice to Management

Currently the company seems to have the business market locked down pretty well but I feel that expansion into the personal market could be very beneficial.