Listingbook Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Randall Kaplan

1. "Heading in right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Listingbook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

love working for this company. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. have not had any issues since working here for over a year.

Cons

more of a structured training for new comers (which they are currently working on)
     ignoring issues that have been going on for weeks instead of aggressively trying to fix it for the customers.

Advice to Management

I think management could be a little more in tune with each other and have meeting so everyone is on the same page. It is hard to try and get an answer to something with everyone needs to check with someone else. other than that. love my management team

2. "What a skam, they do not care about humans unless you are making them loads of money"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Greensboro, NC

Pros

Not one single thing at all. I would avoide taking a position at this place at all costs!

Cons

They will hire you and turn right around and let you go like you are just a number. They made us rush to take the position and then 2 weeks later fired myself and another guy because the position they made for us was not lucrative enough to listingbook. I left my other job where i was making money and benifits because i was promised more and now i have two kids and no job thanks to listingbook

Advice to Management

Super out of touch with eachother and have no clue how to conduct business unless it benifits themselves.

"Reality check"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Pros

The product is widely loved by users nationwide. It continues to improve steadily and is recovering from some design mistakes that were made in a couple of areas in the past. Compensation is fair and benefits packages are actually better than most companies with which I'm familiar.

Cons

Some of the folks that work here are either spoiled by previous experiences or think way too much of themselves. As I have read some of the other reviews I almost laughed aloud. They need a dose of reality. I like my co-workers immensely but the few chronic complainers are the ones that drag down the morale. What they perceive as micro-management is involved leadership. They need to grow up and shut up or find another job!

Advice to Management

Focus on the product and profitability. Treat people according to the golden rule.

"My experience was best summed up as "educational.""

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Listingbook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some talented people to learn from if you can gain their confidence

Cons

The mood and atmosphere during my time was "toxic," at times it was very negative with meetings filled with yelling

Advice to Management

Change the culture, perspective and speak to the worker bees -- a simple good morning would suffice.

"Good People, Good Product, Poor Management"

Former Employee - Technical in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Technical in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Listingbook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always challenging work to keep you interested

Cons

No vision, No direction, Reactionary decision making

"Senior leadership is clueless as to how their clients actually use their product"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Listingbook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well paid and good benefits for the size of the company. Downtown location is rundown and not especially nice but I do enjoy the hustle and bustle of working downtown.
    Original concept was excellent but it has morphed somewhat into a different product.

Cons

Recent revamping of the product had caused problems. The clients needs were not considered for the most part.
    The president "moved on" and the CEO took over the day to day management of the company. His technology expertise is limited (his other business is car washes). His original role was that of primary and major investor.
    If the CEO asks your opinion try to determine what he already thinks. If you get it wrong you may find yourself without a job in a few weeks.
    For a company this small internal communication is very poor. Much information is found out through rumor and gossip. New products are rolled out with no information provided to staff. We find out from our clients making us look somewhat less than professional.

Advice to Management

1. Please hire someone in senior management who has actual technology experience and implementation experience.
    2. Please hire someone in senior management who has actual real estate experience.
    3. A good consulting firm could do wonders for the company, establish processes and procedures.

"Director sales"

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Listingbook (More than a year)

Pros

I don't have anything to say

Cons

Micro management is how they work

Advice to Management

Change the management

"Lots of promise but unable to make the right decisions"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Listingbook full-time

Pros

A good business model and key players in the real estate arena on their executive staff have a lot to do with public exposure and sales.
    The executive team is strong, but are micro managed by the CEO who is not willing to let go of the reigns - so their true strengths rarely emerge.

Cons

Unfortunately, this small company gets caught up in too many office politics rather than making smart decisions. I.e. Many decisions are to please the CEO and not necessarily to progress the company.
    Little patience to let process and standards guide the work of the company and therefore many loose ends emerge due to scope creep, re-prioritization, and a "hurry up and wait" mentality.
    Little structure, guidelines, and an unclear vision as to what work needs to get done and the steps to do so.
    Poor work standards in a dark, run-down building in downtown Greensboro, NC.

Advice to Management

Lack of planning for the long term leads to poor and rushed decisions in the short term. The CEO needs to empower his management team more and not dis-empower them by constantly overstepping their decisions and priorities.

10. "ProCoach - National Inside Sales"

Pros

Mentoring real estate agents nationally on how to increase their sales.

Cons

Office infrastructure could be physically improved.

Advice to Management

Sales are the eyes and ears of future trends,

11. "No job security"

Pros

The people that work there are nice and generally easy to get along with.

Cons

Constant lay offs make working at Listingbook depressing.