Lithium Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Lithium Technologies President and CEO Rob Tarkoff
Rob Tarkoff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Our work-life balance is what makes Lithium specially attractive to a lot of engineers (in 25 reviews)

• Great people with a lot of successful tech company experience in their past (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • high turnover in certain groups (in 10 reviews)

• The only downside to the benefits is no 401k matching, but this is offset by other benefits honestly (in 8 reviews)

"Almost 9 years and going strong.."

Current Employee - Lead Coordinator - Outage Team in Palm Coast, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Coordinator - Outage Team in Palm Coast, FL

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

* Working remotely
    * Amazing team work
    * Transparency
    * Great competitive benefits
    * Fantastic opportunities for Career growth

Cons

* I totally miss out on the Office Christmas Party working remotely ;)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing guys! I've been with Lithium since 2009 and I wouldn't trade you for anything in the world. I've seen this company grow by leaps and bounds! People have come and gone over the years but what has always remained the same is that it felt like family, everyone wants the best for Lithium and works hard to achieve that. I've changed departments over the years because I wanted new challenges and have always had amazing opportunities for Career growth. I thank you for years of professionalism and opportunities!

Mel

"Momentum with Upside"

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

New CTO, fresh thinking based on modern best practices, great location downtown and perks. Genuinely good people who are domain experts so you can learn a lot.

Cons

company still in transition post PE acquisition so lots of moving parts. Exec team should over-communicate and stay on top of company culture, especially given aggressive hiring plan.

Advice to Management

keep communicating the vision, focus heavily on product development and customer success, and stay true to the company's core values.

"Company has turned around and is on a roll!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hiring amazing new folks, including some of the best and brightest from Jive. New CTO is awesome and teams seem pumped up

Cons

Would like more visibility into the next acquisitions. CEO is communicating frequently which is good but we are all wondering.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the prize!

"Trust. Hard to earn. Easy to lose."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance - the office is very empty at times as folks work from home. No expectations of long hours.
    People are nice.

Cons

The company doesn’t always honor its commitments even when written in a contract. I have heard rumors of this for awhile but recently there was a very public example.

A little while back a coworker who felt that Lithium misled him and didn’t honor its commitments to relocate him back to the USA after he got his H1B work visa.

Eventually this person quit the company and sent out a very emotional email explaining the situation with quotes from leaders and even a link to a video where the CEO said he would bring this employee back to the states. This was a pretty clear cut case and very disappointing.

Much to my surprise this email was deleted from all of our mailboxes by IT before everyone had a chance to read it.

I was pretty shocked by the situation and it lowers my trust in the company.

Advice to Management

Trust is hard to earn and easy to lose. Start back on that road.

Jan 2, 2018 – CEO

We responded truthfully to this questions when it was asked at the Employee meeting. While we will continue to honor the confidentiality of the relationship between this employee and Lithium, this... More

"Customer (Un)Success"

Pros

Great work/life balance. Come and go as you please and no one cares. Free lunch and snacks. Wellness benefits and unlimited PTO.

Cons

I've never worked in such an unprofessional work environment. The level of infighting and lack of help from both mid and upper management to help solve customer issues was unbelievable. The same problems with product, services and support would be reported quarter after quarters in QBRs yet few things ever changed. Sales targets were seldom if ever met yet management remained unchanged, living the high life on their expense reports. There was a complete lack of career growth opportunities, especially for top performers. Promotions would routinely be promised yet never received. There is no such thing as an annual performance review and incremental pay increase. If you're part of the revenue organization, comp plans are needlessly complex and commission reports would be frequently incorrect and promises to fix by the C-suite were never delivered.

Jan 2, 2018 – CEO

Sorry you didn't have a good experience. Sounds like you have moved on and hope that you are happy in your new Company!

"Sinking Ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance: good pay and light hours. People get in late and leave early. Ability to self-manage and flexible wfh.

Colleagues: smart people and thought leadership that are passionate about the space. Collaborative.

Cons

Poor leadership: not transparent, decisions are made from the top-down without input from relevant teams. Town Halls use to be informative but now they're all about self-promotion and how great they are. A lot of leadership left.

Acquisition by Vista Equity Partners caused a lot of turmoil across the company with layoffs and an unclear future. There are ruthless cost-cutting initiatives and many people feel their jobs are at stake.

Benefits are not that good. Weak corporate culture. People stick to their own departments and don't inter-mingle, which is strange for a small company.

Limited career growth.

Nov 17, 2017 – CEO

Not really sure what you are referring to. We had zero lay-offs as a result of the acquisition - in fact we are bigger now than we were at the time we were acquired. Not sure what ruthless cost... More

"IT Department is world class!"

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

I love working at Lithium. I work in the IT department and worked with one of the best teams I have ever been on. Everyone is knowledgeable, helpful and incredibly efficient at their roles.

There is also a lot of room for improvement and taking on challenging tasks that you might not get at other companies.

Cons

Hard to tell where you stand as a company and employee with all the recent changes.

Advice to Management

Work on re-building the culture across teams.

8. "Great work, great culture, great benefits"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Technology stack is modern, common and well-designed.
    Work/life balance is fantastic and the employees are friendly and inviting.
    Outstanding career development through weekly new-hire presentations about a range of topics ranging from career choices to technology-centric discussions.
    New office in Austin is very nice. Amenities such as a private gym, showers, and kitchen that is kept well stocked multiple times a week.
    Catered meals twice a week, personal trainer three times a week. Weekly chair massages from a masseuse.
    Great benefits package, all standard. $50 monthly stipend towards fitness related expenses.
    Employees are given freedom to work from home as long as the job gets done.

Cons

There's a bit of a disconnect between Austin and San Francisco where the HQ is located.
    Lithium has been acquired by Vista Equity, which means there's less control over major decisions. This has yet to become an issue but it's definitely something to consider.
    The only downside to the benefits is no 401k matching, but this is offset by other benefits honestly.

Nov 17, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the review. We continue to work on Austin/SF collaboration -- thanks for keeping the pressure on here

9. "Room for professional growth"

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

For a mid-sized company, it does feel like a smaller company when there are happy hours and you see people from multiple departments mingling. Has some of that startup culture where new ideas and ways of doing things are encouraged, but the benefits of a corporate with regular work hours and stability.

Cons

Opportunities for cross-functional work could be increased.

"Overall Okay."

Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, open to new ideas and new technologies, pleasant office, great work-life balance. Good perks.

Cons

Leadership fosters a shameless culture of self-promotion.
    Offshoring more and more to India.
    Too much inward selling by C-Level executives.

Advice to Management

Maintain integrity. Value substance over superficiality. Walk the walk by following the company values.