Lithium Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Lithium Technologies CEO Pete Hess
Pete Hess

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Our work-life balance is what makes Lithium specially attractive to a lot of engineers (in 25 reviews)

• Great people with a lot of successful tech company experience in their past (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • high turnover in certain groups (in 10 reviews)

• The only downside to the benefits is no 401k matching, but this is offset by other benefits honestly (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Thank you Lithium!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Today is my last day at Lithium and it's been the privilege of my life to have spent the last eight years of my professional career here. Never would I have guessed the career trajectory I experienced when starting out as a bright-eyed CSM jumping into the world of enterprise SaaS. Lithium has a solid suite of products the dynamic space of digital customer experience with amazing customer brands who love us. Best of all Lithium has awesome people who care about our customers, are passionate about their success, and have the expertise to ensure the value Lithium brings. Lithium grew 5X in my time here and every stage of growth brought the right folks with the appropriate experience/background to help take the company to the next level. I've also seen countless colleagues level up their own skills and make multiple career jumps and promotions in line with the company's maturity. I was lucky enough to be tapped to play a charter role in establishing our APAC presence in SE Asia/ANZ and it goes without saying it was a wild but memorable ride seeing the world and leveling up my experience in sales. Throughout my tenure I've been treated with respect and leadership has always operated with integrity - even today with the whole exit process. I don't see that core culture of Lithium changing anytime soon and with the Vista acquisition the company enters a new stage of growth backed by additional capital, expertise, and talent experienced in taking things to yet another level. Lithium is a great company, a great place to work, and I highly recommend it without reservation.

Cons

As with any company, growing pains at different stages of the company's maturity. Professional Services and Customer Support were two very solid pillars of strength that made Lithium successful but have seen those areas erode slightly over the years.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity and experiences!

Lithium Technologies Response

Jan 31, 2018 – CEO

We really appreciate your comments and value the development of employees as a key cultural value. Good luck with everything. Rob

"Great growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lunch almost everyday
    Full gym/workout classes
    Massages and yoga instructor
    Opportunity growth as company is expanding heavily in Austin
    Higher base salary than any competitor

Cons

No definitive training program
    Transitioning after acquisition

3. "Office Mgmt team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company culture, fun people, seasoned execs

Cons

didnt make enough money so had to be sold to Vista. The End

"Friendly Culture but Superficial Leadership"

Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall a pretty good place to work with smart, creative people.

* Solid Engineering Team
    * Very good CloudOps Team
    * Open to different technologies and desire to innovate
    * Good Salary
    * Nice people
    * Nice office
    * Flexible Schedules
    * Catered lunches

In general, employees are treated very well.

Cons

* Management could be more authentic (behave consistent with the company values)
    * Engineering culture values style over substance. Too many times, the company celebrates unused features/products deployed to production.
    * Reviews are totally inconsistent. You can perform well but if your team's area of focus is not in the top quarterly goals by management, review will suffer.
    * Secretly moving more and more to India. Even worse, they are not very transparent about this strategy.
    * Legacy codebase creates slow moving product and costs the company money and turnover (on the bright side, the company is actively trying to innovate around it)

Advice to Management

* Stop offshoring so much work to India (or at least be honest about it).
    * Impression that CEO likes being CEO more than guiding company to big success
    * Please get rid of that silly HR tool where people give each other kudos and icon awards.
    * Start celebrating substance instead of superficial meaningless releases and behaviors.
    * Stop having people write positive Glassdoor reviews. Let the company culture sell itself.

"Worst Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Senior Data Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Data Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will make use of your skills at work and will learn something.

Cons

Well I am the employee who was back stabbed by the Executive team at Lithium.
    The clause was well documented on the contract but they failed to honor what was written. When asked why they could not hold their end, all I was told is its not my decision. Its so surprising that they filed my H1 on April 1st and when it got picked on May4th they started the process to cancel it. Can any of the e-team members explain what was the rationale behind filing it in April for it to be revoked a month later?
    CEO of this company announced that Lithium would bring me back to US, in all hands meeting on Feb 20th and got credit for how things were handled with my relocation. And later when I reached out to him asking to honor the contract, he literally turned a blind eye towards me and eventually my H1 was revoked shattering my career and personal life. I strongly DO NOT recommend anyone joining this company. Best example for bait and switch. When they had to relocate me they chose the cheapest location so that they can get the same work done at a different location at a low price.
    I wanted the entire company to know about hypocrisy and double standards followed by the e staff here. They shamelessly deleted the email from everyone's mailbox before they could read it. Lithium, is this the transparency you boast off on your company's website? They claim honest, transparency, no bs on their website but all they stand for is hypocrisy, double standards and bs attitude towards employees. The head of the offsite location even threatened me with legal action if I spoke about this in the tech community. I wish I did not work for this company.

Advice to Management

If you do not mean what you commit for then don't commit for in the first place.

"Almost 9 years and going strong.."

Current Employee - Lead Coordinator - Outage Team in Palm Coast, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Coordinator - Outage Team in Palm Coast, FL

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

* Working remotely
    * Amazing team work
    * Transparency
    * Great competitive benefits
    * Fantastic opportunities for Career growth

Cons

* I totally miss out on the Office Christmas Party working remotely ;)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing guys! I've been with Lithium since 2009 and I wouldn't trade you for anything in the world. I've seen this company grow by leaps and bounds! People have come and gone over the years but what has always remained the same is that it felt like family, everyone wants the best for Lithium and works hard to achieve that. I've changed departments over the years because I wanted new challenges and have always had amazing opportunities for Career growth. I thank you for years of professionalism and opportunities!

Mel

"The WORST company I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was easy to look for a new job because there was never any accountability.

Cons

This is the most incompetent executive team I have ever worked with. It you asked the team what was the company value prop I doubt they could tell you because they don't know if they are a social customer care or a social community company. No, team work, no collaboration, no strategic ideas on how to grow the business and lots of finger pointing!!!!

Advice to Management

The sales management team on both coasts have NO idea on how to manage a team. The company should hire a new team in order to take the product from a nice to have to a must to have

"Momentum with Upside"

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

New CTO, fresh thinking based on modern best practices, great location downtown and perks. Genuinely good people who are domain experts so you can learn a lot.

Cons

company still in transition post PE acquisition so lots of moving parts. Exec team should over-communicate and stay on top of company culture, especially given aggressive hiring plan.

Advice to Management

keep communicating the vision, focus heavily on product development and customer success, and stay true to the company's core values.

"Company has turned around and is on a roll!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hiring amazing new folks, including some of the best and brightest from Jive. New CTO is awesome and teams seem pumped up

Cons

Would like more visibility into the next acquisitions. CEO is communicating frequently which is good but we are all wondering.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the prize!

"Trust. Hard to earn. Easy to lose."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance - the office is very empty at times as folks work from home. No expectations of long hours.
    People are nice.

Cons

The company doesn’t always honor its commitments even when written in a contract. I have heard rumors of this for awhile but recently there was a very public example.

A little while back a coworker who felt that Lithium misled him and didn’t honor its commitments to relocate him back to the USA after he got his H1B work visa.

Eventually this person quit the company and sent out a very emotional email explaining the situation with quotes from leaders and even a link to a video where the CEO said he would bring this employee back to the states. This was a pretty clear cut case and very disappointing.

Much to my surprise this email was deleted from all of our mailboxes by IT before everyone had a chance to read it.

I was pretty shocked by the situation and it lowers my trust in the company.

Advice to Management

Trust is hard to earn and easy to lose. Start back on that road.

Lithium Technologies Response

Jan 2, 2018 – CEO

We responded truthfully to this questions when it was asked at the Employee meeting. While we will continue to honor the confidentiality of the relationship between this employee and Lithium, this... More