Lithium Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Lithium Technologies CEO Pete Hess
Pete Hess

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Really driven group that finds the right work life balance" (in 28 reviews)

• "Work from home/remote work flexibility" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "high turnover in certain groups" (in 10 reviews)

• "The only downside to the benefits is no 401k matching, but this is offset by other benefits honestly" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Thank you Lithium!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Today is my last day at Lithium and it's been the privilege of my life to have spent the last eight years of my professional career here. Never would I have guessed the career trajectory I experienced when starting out as a bright-eyed CSM jumping into the world of enterprise SaaS. Lithium has a solid suite of products the dynamic space of digital customer experience with amazing customer brands who love us. Best of all Lithium has awesome people who care about our customers, are passionate about their success, and have the expertise to ensure the value Lithium brings. Lithium grew 5X in my time here and every stage of growth brought the right folks with the appropriate experience/background to help take the company to the next level. I've also seen countless colleagues level up their own skills and make multiple career jumps and promotions in line with the company's maturity. I was lucky enough to be tapped to play a charter role in establishing our APAC presence in SE Asia/ANZ and it goes without saying it was a wild but memorable ride seeing the world and leveling up my experience in sales. Throughout my tenure I've been treated with respect and leadership has always operated with integrity - even today with the whole exit process. I don't see that core culture of Lithium changing anytime soon and with the Vista acquisition the company enters a new stage of growth backed by additional capital, expertise, and talent experienced in taking things to yet another level. Lithium is a great company, a great place to work, and I highly recommend it without reservation.

Cons

As with any company, growing pains at different stages of the company's maturity. Professional Services and Customer Support were two very solid pillars of strength that made Lithium successful but have seen those areas erode slightly over the years.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity and experiences!

Lithium Technologies Response

Jan 31, 2018 – CEO

We really appreciate your comments and value the development of employees as a key cultural value. Good luck with everything. Rob

"Sales Director"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Bend, OR

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very excited to be here. My 3rd Saas company and (finally) land with a great leadership team. Leadership creates teamwork - teamwork creates culture, and product. Lithium appears to be coming out of acquisition and culture change. Lithium 2.0 is excited, invigorated, and collaborative. Lithium is hiring several boomerang employees excited to return to the company - a great sign.
     - Lithium is merging with publishing giant Spreadfast to create the largest social engagement platform in the world.
     - Our HR team is busy with salespeople from our largest competitors (Sprinklr) trying to join the winning team.
     - Lithium dominates the community / social care space
     - Lithium is first to market with messenger
     - Lithium tools employees - investing in personal success and company long term success
     - Lithium and Spreadfast are backed by Vista - the world's most successful private equity investment company.

Cons

The main issues I've seen since arriving, is the change / transition has caused turnover. Leadership appears to have everything in control now, and new hires are bringing a lot of new energy. Vista has been bring a lot of change - which has been hard. (Needed change! - but challenging nonetheless)

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Pete Hess is a breath of fresh air. Love the transparency and honesty. Your tribe is rallying behind the current leadership team and ready to make Lithium clients to most successful in the world.

"Overall great"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There were a lot of changes during my tenure, but overall I always respected and was a big fan of my leadership.
    Felt the pay was comparable to the market.
    Work from home/remote work flexibility.
    Awesome office in downtown SF.
    Best part of Lithium was hands down the people- everyone you work with is pretty driven and smart, down-to-earth and overall good people. I've made lifelong friends here as well as mentors who have also since gone on but I stay connected with and continue to learn from.

Cons

Towards the end, there were a lot of fluctuations post Vista-acquisition. Most made business sense, but the level of change seemed to be a lot in a small amount of time and was hard to know your place in the company. I'm sure they'll work through it as time goes on, but this is definitely not a place for people who don't like process.

Advice to Management

Explanation of the "WHY" behind big company changes

"Anon"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great teammates, that I love to work with
    - Sales leadership is easy to follow. They are incredibly sharp.
    - New executive suite is very impressive, especially during the transitional period after being acquired by Vista

Cons

- Crazy turnover on employees, but that is what Vista is looking for
    - SF workforce is getting smaller, and the large office space is too much now

"Good people, tough product to work on"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and compensation. Treats their employees well. Great group of people to work with.

Cons

Was recently bought by a private equity firm and is undergoing a lot of structural changes. Lots of legacy products and systems with few remaining who understand what they all are and how they were intended to work.

Advice to Management

It takes at least 2 years to get a grasp on the complexities of your products, and that experience is required in order to provide good product direction for the future. Focus on retaining people that have that experience and improving internal communication to spread that knowledge and experience around.

6. "No case of the Mondays here!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming to Lithium has been a breath of fresh air compared to where I came from. I actually look forward to going into the office on Mondays! It’s a great feeling to work alongside a fully engaged team while also being given the opportunity to learn something new every day.

-Full of smart, driven people that care about our customers and are clearly passionate about their success

-New executive team working hard to establish new roadmaps for Lithium’s future—they’ve also been very open and communicative along the way

-Lots of new faces – everyone is eager to learn and contribute

-New initiatives very focused on training and development of employees

-Great work/life balance—unlimited PTO ain’t too shabby :)

-Weekly bootcamps and yoga classes offered at Austin office—great perk!

Cons

As with most things in life, nothing is perfect. Lithium seems to be going through growing pains here and there but overall I believe Lithium will continue to improve with time.

-Some folks having a harder time adjusting to the new Lithium post Vista acquisition

-Can be challenging to feel like a single entity with differing work cultures in our various locations (in the US and abroad)

-With all the change in leadership and general turnover things can occasionally feel all over the place—however, this does seem to be improving as new processes are created and implemented

-No 401k match

Advice to Management

Continue to be open and honest with employees about where Lithium is headed and how we’re going to get there.

7. "Good people & good culture"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have never felt surrounded by more smart people than at Lithium. Everyone is excited to help you learn and grow. Lot's of opportunity to try new things and take on new responsibility. Great benefits, gym in office with daily classes, lunch a few times a week and plenty of snacks. Incredible place to start or continue a career.

Cons

Can sometimes feel disorganized. When things are crazy, they are crazy. This all seems to be getting better with the new owner (Vista) helping create more process and training.

8. "Keeps getting better with time"

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Full of great, enthusiastic colleagues
    - Strong executive leadership carving a new path for the organization
    - Development of training boot camps across positions
    - Great benefits - who wouldn't love getting an extra $50/mon for wellness programs

Cons

- Some people still live in the "we used to ..." mentality
    - With so much change, it can be sometimes difficult to find your north star, but it is becoming a bit clearer

Advice to Management

Develop strong leadership from within both at the employee and at the people manager levels. Supporting ideas of innovation from those closest to its roots is where you'll find new ways to tackle things.

"Things have been going downhill for a while..."

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Flexible timing
    -Work life balance
    -Decent compensation
    -Good learning while it lasted

Cons

-No strategy
    - Inadequate leadership
    -No career growth
    -Lack of coordination between the three engineering teams in Austin, SF, India
    - LOT of churn and attrition
    -Uncertainty about everything
    -Unreasonable Cost cutting

"Office Mgmt team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company culture, fun people, seasoned execs

Cons

didnt make enough money so had to be sold to Vista. The End