Lithium Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Lithium Technologies Reviews

Updated July 4, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Our work-life balance is what makes Lithium specially attractive to a lot of engineers (in 18 reviews)

• Great people with a lot of successful tech company experience in their past (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • high turnover in certain groups (in 9 reviews)

• Abysmal compensation and no 401k match (in 7 reviews)

"Great Multi-product strategy forming"

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

Great new products being developed that are best in class and will disrupt current competition. For a Company that has been around a while they have reinvented themselves in the past two years

Cons

Some of the folks that have been here a while need to realize to reach greatness they have to give up the past and embrace the future

Advice to Management

You have a great product strategy that has formed - focus on delivering it to the market

"Completely Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Community Management
    Former Employee - Community Management

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great moderation team and excellent clients to work with.

Cons

I am utterly shocked at the lack of professionalism displayed by a company who I had expected more from. I was employed by a 3rd party, Kelly Services for 7 years. I was never given a raise and worked for significantly lower pay than competing companies. About a week ago, I learned that the client was cutting back on their hours. I was informed via a group email that I would be relocated to another client and that I should train in other areas in the meantime. One day later, I received a call from Kelly Services...NOT Lithium...giving me the bad news that since the client had cut back hours, my employment was to be terminated. I logged into email to contact someone from the Lithium team, only to find that all access had been taken away. Completely shocked. This is a company I had poured myself into for years. The lack of consideration or compassion was appalling to me. I have a BA and 12 years of experience in Community Management only to be pushed aside with total disregard. I was warned that Lithium did this by former co-workers and I am saddened that I put more faith in the company as I did. Proceed with caution.

Advice to Management

Professionalism and sincerity go a long way in a quality company.

"I Like It Enough"

Pros

- The Austin office has a small office vibe with great cross departmental collaboration not seen in SF.
    - Freedom to work on projects that interest you contributing to growth.
    - Flexible Time Off that encourages work/life balance.

Cons

- In Engineering, there's an us versus them mentality in Austin vs. HQ in SF. We're all on the same team, I wish there would be a more positive mindset on how to succeed together.
    - In SF, the two floors really separate people and hinder cross collaboration. Obviously, it's hard for such a big office for everyone to get to know each other, but little collaboration between Engineering and others is seen because of this physically floor gap.
    - Hardest workers are hardly recognized. This is changing, but it has been a trend for years.

Advice to Management

- Improve engineering collaboration between Austin and SF. Get to the bottom of the us versus them mentality.

- Improve collaboration across departments in SF.

Jul 4, 2016 – CEO

The comments are great - we have worked really hard on cross-site collaboration. Our recent release of Publishing was a shining example of this. We continue to focus our recognition on those who... More

"Old School Enterprise"

Current Employee - Engineering Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people who respect each other. Reasonable work pace and cadence. Lots of flexibility around work hours. Enterprise customers with stable enterprise revenue.

Cons

Not a fast moving company, little sense of urgency, low energy in the engineering organization. Negligible equity upside.

Advice to Management

Need to focus on moving faster, bigger, faster so company grows. Need to focus on moving faster, bigger, faster so company grows.

Jul 4, 2016 – CEO

We are working on moving faster all the time. Sorry that you don't see our advances here. If you have specific ideas please come see me as I welcome feedback of all types!

"Learn fast, act faster"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Lithium has without a doubt has been the best professional experience I've had so far. The chance to develop software that's used by hundreds of companies and seen by millions of end users with incredibly smart people has been very rewarding. I can't speak for all teams, but everyone on mine works and collaborates so well together and is willing to go above and beyond his/her job description to reach our goals.

Cons

At times there seems to be a disconnect between the engineering and the business side of the company. A few of our benefits could be better, but overall they're pretty good.

Advice to Management

Given that we're a SaaS company, I think it's important that everyone knows how our products work, not just engineers. I know first-hand that we have customer-facing employees who have difficulty explaining things to customers which is a problem.

Jul 4, 2016 – CEO

Great comments. We need to make sure all our customer-facing folks are deep in our products -- will continue to emphasize and inspect for this. Thanks for the helpful comments

"Executive Assistant"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant/Office Manager
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant/Office Manager

I worked at Lithium Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Great employees to work with. Plenty of activities and they continue to grow as a company. They keep the refrigerator stocked.

Cons

The executive team was not great to work with. It was like high school working with the other EA's. If you didn't look and act like them they will shun you.

"Content Moderator"

Current Employee - Content Moderator in China, NY
    Current Employee - Content Moderator in China, NY

Pros

This job and this company are just perfect for me. I really love my job and my company.

Cons

I can't think of any. This job and company treat me really nice.

"Challenging and enjoyable"

Current Employee - Senior QA Automation Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior QA Automation Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm challenged everyday. I work with a great team that is focused on making great products. I enjoy the work and the people that I work with.

Cons

I work in a remote office. I am lucky in that I work on a project that is lead out of the remote office. Others are not as fortunate in that they also work in the remote office on project lead out of the main office. At every company that I have worked at remote office work is sometimes considered out of site/out of mind. Lithium is working on this, as this is not an easy problem to solve. But this can sometimes fall through the cracks.

"Good leadership, good technology"

I worked at Lithium Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership, especially CEO, are transparent. Lots of room to grow as things are changing all the time. Fun culture.

Cons

Too much turnover and confusion as to the future of the company. Klout acquisition has always been unclear.

10. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture of working together and supporting your fellow employees

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the great culture