Little Lukes Childcare Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Darci Powers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The kids are great and a lot of days are fun (in 4 reviews)

• This is not just a daycare, you are truly a professional and in such a fun, positive setting full of reward where the children always come first (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication is not always the best between center directors, upper management and staff (in 5 reviews)

• Health care benefits are costly when compared to other plans for similar agencies (in 3 reviews)

1. "A great place"

I worked at Little Lukes Childcare Center full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, fun atmosphere, and amazing kids

Cons

Needs more open communication and direction about goals and classroom activities

2. "Horrible place"

I worked at Little Lukes Childcare Center full-time

Pros

I loved the kids I worked with

Cons

Horrible place to work, it's like a revolving door, no training

Advice to Management

Stop being all about the money

3. "Quality Childcare and Preschool Programs"

I have been working at Little Lukes Childcare Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive salaries, supportive & responsive administration, caring & qualified classroom employees (for all age groups)

Cons

Health care benefits are costly when compared to other plans for similar agencies.

4. "Employee review Linda Legere"

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Baldwinsville, NY
    Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Baldwinsville, NY

I have been working at Little Lukes Childcare Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Little Lukes is a great company to work for. The staff is outstanding in every way. Everyone that I have encountered is helpful, caring and goes the extra mile for the children. They all treat the children like they were there own. The supportive staff has always been there to assist in any problems or answer any questions you might have. You get training in all different aspects of childcare . The training was a little long but covered many different subjects. Even on the most trying days everyone seems to help one another get through it. The company has very creative approaches to teaching as well as including yoga, music and karate for the children.

Cons

The uniforms could use more color.

5. "Best job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baldwinsville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baldwinsville, NY

I have been working at Little Lukes Childcare Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I genuinely enjoy coming to work everyday, I absolutely love my job. Watching the children grow and learn and hitting those milestones just makes my day! The staff is like family, we get along great and someones always there to listen or lend a hand. And the administration really is there to help you. So all in all its a great work environment, great pay, phenomenal staff and administrators and best of all no nights or weekends so I can spend time with my own family!

Cons

Communication could be improved and the pay discrepancy between the preschool and daycare sides and maybe the uniforms.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen

6. "A focus on excellence for children, families, and employees. This isn't a company, it's a family."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oswego, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oswego, NY

I have been working at Little Lukes Childcare Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Every day is different & every day counts. Little Lukes is a truly amazing, dynamic team of individuals supporting and collaborating with one another. This is not just a daycare, you are truly a professional and in such a fun, positive setting full of reward where the children always come first. Whether you are based in one of the centers or traveling between homes & facilities as an itinerant provider, you will be a part of something truly great and making a lasting impact. The entirety of the professionals within Little Lukes provide such a wide network of diverse background experience, education, certifications, and talents so everyone benefits - most importantly, the children we're serving. The vision & mission of the agency is genuine, management sincere. There are so many opportunities for your own growth, personal & professional, as well as flexibility for movement within the agency. Little Lukes is beyond family friendly, it is family focused. It is family.

Cons

It isn't a con about Little Lukes, it's that there aren't enough Little Lukes! Not even just site based specifically, but people like our team making a difference - for children, families, communities.

Advice to Management

Maintain your focus on your vision and continue to strive for nothing short of excellence. It's thanks to all you've created that I can't imagine working anywhere else or entrusting my own children with anyone else.

7. "Great place"

Current Employee - Substitute Closer in Fulton, NY
    Current Employee - Substitute Closer in Fulton, NY

Pros

Very flexible schedule, I work two jobs and go to school full time and they work with me without any issues.
    Friendly staff

Cons

Uniform is not comfortable especially in hot months.
    Because I'm part time I only get one shirt which is tough because I still work every day

Advice to Management

Consider different uniform options, possibly a lighter material for polos

8. "Little Lukes is Awesome!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oswego, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oswego, NY

I have been working at Little Lukes Childcare Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most people think that Little Lukes is just a daycare center but we also provide speech, physical, and occupation therapy for special needs children. It's amazing to be a part a company that helps children. I have worked for the company for seven years and each year the company has been growing and improving. I feel like Little Lukes is my second family and I have enjoyed every single day.

Cons

I don't have a con

9. "Review"

Current Employee - PTA in Pulaski, NY
    Current Employee - PTA in Pulaski, NY

I have been working at Little Lukes Childcare Center part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Co workers, very welcoming, cares about employees

Cons

No morning full time positions available

10. "Physical therapist"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Oswego, NY
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Oswego, NY

Pros

Great team. Flexible hours. Family like environment.

Cons

Expectations differ between sites.

Advice to Management

Leadership should try to be more consistent between sites.