Littleton Public Schools (Colorado) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott D. Murphy

1. "Principal's Secretary, Office Manager"

Former Employee - Principal's Secretary, Office Manager in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Principal's Secretary, Office Manager in Centennial, CO

Pros

District support was wonderful. The district is full of great people who know their stuff and care about the kids. Good benefits and PERA retirement.

Cons

Busy, busy, busy with lots of stress. It takes a dedicated professional to withstand the everyday stresses of working in an elementary school office (or anywhere else.). Summer break is always well deserved!

Advice to Management

Work with your people, being as aware as possible of the stressors they encounter, ask questions and listen. Good people work in education. They deserve the best you can give.

2. "No good!"

Current Employee - Food Service Substitute in Arapahoe, CO
    Current Employee - Food Service Substitute in Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at Littleton Public Schools (Colorado) part-time

Pros

If a food worker sub, schedule is very flexible!

Cons

Under paid. No one cares about your opinion. If you are not in the office or human resources, you are a bug to be crushed!

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Give adequate training, don't just throw your employees into kitchen.

3. "Coordinator"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Littleton Public Schools (Colorado) (More than 10 years)

Pros

We are student centered, and focused on student success. Dedicated to hiring indaviduals who are interested in our students, families and staff by providing a learning environment and workplace that looks at the talents of the indavidual and builds on it. Which will help our students to prepare for and become responsible adults in our society.

Cons

I can't think of any, our staff is dedicated to excellence and to providing the best possible learning experience for our students.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on students educational experences and opertunitys and family involvement.
    Contenue to think outside the box to provide an enriching experience for all the people we serve.

5. "Best School District in south Denver Metro"

Pros

If you are lucky enough to be offered a position in Littleton Public schools, you would be a fool to turn it down. They don't fall for every education trend. Pay and benefits are about as good as you will find.

Cons

LPS has the same problems as every other district. You are still a teacher and more than teaching is expected but less than that is compensated.

Advice to Management

I really can't offer any advice to management. It is better than is found at the average district. Try to value the teachers as much as you value the parents.

6. "Bette that others"

Current Employee - Teacher in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Teacher in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Littleton Public Schools (Colorado) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff are friendly and the kids are fun to work with. Everyone is accepting of the other staff. Great environment.

Cons

Hectic policy changes, lots of kids come in yearly so it does get quite busy a like t of the time

Advice to Management

None

7. "Reviews"

Pros

LPS is a good district to work for. The parents are very involved, and the district really embraces providing mental health services to students.

Cons

The only con would be there are very large class sizes at the current school I am at.

8. "Former Teacher and Administrator - a great district to work in!"

I worked at Littleton Public Schools (Colorado) (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart people, most people truly cared about kids and wanted to do their best. Always trying to stay on the cutting edge.

Cons

A bit small towny in that their are favorites.

9. "Teacher"

Former Employee - Teacher in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Teacher in Littleton, CO

I worked at Littleton Public Schools (Colorado) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smallish district makes navigating your way through the system easier

Cons

Charter schools don't have same benefits as regular in district schools

10. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Littleton Public Schools (Colorado) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Working with staff, working in the school there is a lot of payed time off, Vacation is excellent

Cons

Management lack of respect to others. they make you work very hard for your money. It seems to be understaffed alway turn over ration must be very high in most areas of employment.

Advice to Management

believe in their staff having the ability to perform, without management, Give them opportunity manage their people knowing that my decision is good and you have their back my staff show very respect because they manage have make things there way. respect the fact you have good knowledgeable supervisors and having that being said you don't want to lose that.

11. "Small district, individual attention"

Current Employee - Special Education Teacher
    Current Employee - Special Education Teacher

I have been working at Littleton Public Schools (Colorado) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Size, student body, coworkers facilities, technology

Cons

Too much accountability (pressure from state).