Liturgical Publications Reviews | Glassdoor

Paul Knaapen

"Ad Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Liturgical Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and good co-workers with a solid support staff. Corporate culture is upbeat and supportive with a few exceptions.

Cons

The senior management is somewhat out of touch with the line personnel. They make changes without input from the staff that will be effected.

Advice to Management

Include input from the rank and file employee before implementing change.
    This would make the staff more accepting of change.

Dec 5, 2016 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on Glassdoor.com and Thank You for your tenure with Liturgical Publications! Listening to all our employees, at every level, is something we will ... More

"The BEST Company I have EVER worked for"

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Carlisle, PA
    Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Carlisle, PA

I have been working at Liturgical Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was recruited by Liturgical Publications from a major Digital advertising company. I was very unhappy and stressed at work...but afraid to leave because the money was so good. After 6 months at Liturgical I can honestly say I have never been happier on the job. My family and friends have noticed the huge change in my stress level. My job is to go to a new church each week and make calls and reach out in person to obtain new advertisers in the back of the church bulletin...the service directory. I absolutely love the people I meet...the travel...speaking with business owners and helping them with their ads...I can honestly say with 100% confidence that this is the best job I have ever had. I am paid well...great insurance and 401K...the best support from management and tools on the job. Plus...I felt ready to go right after training. I HIGHLY recommend this company. This is the first time in my life I look forward to Monday after the weekend is over.I won't be going any place else. Here until retirement!

Cons

Full Commission based pay...BUT if you work smart and work right...it is no issue at all.
    A lot of travel...for me is WONDERFUL because my husband travels with me and he does his own thing while I work and we enjoy visiting all the new places I get to go.
    Those are the ONLY things some people may find a draw back.

Advice to Management

Possibly increase our meal allowance ...its hard to eat on $25.00 a day. Possibly increase the hotel allowance in some parts of the country...can never find a decent, safe hotel in the DC area for $70.00 a night.

"LPi is a faulous place to work."

Current Employee - Ad Sales Executive in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Ad Sales Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Liturgical Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love this job! If you show up and make the calls, you will make money. It is as simple as that.
    I have been with the compnay only 5 months and I have made 3 out of the 5 first year bonuses.
    I am on track to make the 4th bonus 12 weeks early! The management gives you the flexiblity to manage your own schedule. They are not looking over your shoulder, but they are only a phone call away when you need them. The people who don't succeed at LPi are the ones who don't actually work 40 hours a week, so that is their own fault.
    If you are a self-starter that does not require alot of immediate supervision, THIS is the job for you! I will earn 60K in my first year (2015) and I started in March so that's not too bad!

Cons

This job can be lonely if you are used to working in a large office environment.

Advice to Management

Keep the bonus programs in place. They are a real motivator!

Aug 4, 2015 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your success and Congratulations! It appears that your hard work is really paying off! Maybe there is a President’s Club Trip in your future? We know the Ad ... More

"Great Company - Avoid Marketing Management"

Former Employee - Marketing Lead Generation Specialist in New Berlin, WI
    Former Employee - Marketing Lead Generation Specialist in New Berlin, WI

I worked at Liturgical Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall, LPi is a great company to work for and deserves a 4 out of 5 rating were it not for Marketing management and upper management.

The staff in the Marketing department along with the staff, management, and upper management in the Online Services department; however, have been a pleasure to work for.

Cons

Marketing management and upper management; two boats chained and welded at the port and starboard headed straight for disaster while being completely unable to rely or trust their crew to steer them clear. An understaffed, underfunded department with leadership that still attempts (and falls short) to maintain an agency quality standard, while customer and internal facing needs take the bottom shelf. Expensive marketing automation tools are drastically underutilized in key areas causing an unimaginable loss of revenue due to missed lead opportunities. Emails are sent haphazardly without regard to coding them to function properly on the multitude of email clients that customers use today. Progressive and modern marketing ideas are put on the back-burner due to the incompetent, lackluster leadership in marketing. Morale in the marketing department is comparable to the Prussians during the War of the Fourth Coalition. Snarky, rude, unprofessional comments about other departments are thrown around by marketing management and upper management like candy at a Fourth of July Parade. If you're a visionary with grand ideas, steer clear; this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Use Marketo (marketing automation) to its fullest extent. (Munchkin URL's to track where customers are coming from, lead nurturing to continuously engage customers based on the content they are looking at / interested in, lead scoring to place leads in different areas of the lead funnel, ensure hot leads are followed up with immediately by enhanced emails and/or sales, push hot leads that aren't interested in products back into the lead nurturing cycle, etc.) The possibilities are endless!

Ensure emails are coded to handle a variety of email clients such as Gmail, the various versions of Outlook, Hotmail, etc.

Listen to your employees. They just may have an idea or two worth considering.

Great Wraps does not boost morale.

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Cromwell, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Cromwell, CT

I have been working at Liturgical Publications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's important to employees that Management 'lead by example.' This company clearly has this philosophy from the CEO/COO to front line managers. I can tell you I sincerely enjoy working as a Manager with LPi and get the support or guidance I need for the Sales Executives in my region.

Cons

With the state of the country today, benefit packages are not as lucrative as they were years ago.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. From recruiting to field sales to a great customer service team, its these people that define who we are to keep great people.

"Good, bad, ugly"

Current Employee - Sales in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Liturgical Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Freedom. Some creativity. Loose management. Great if you love selling print and don't need to make much money. Helps to be Catholic and a workaholic and to love traveling and staying in welfare hotels living on Big Macs.

Cons

Training is not effective. Horrific turnover. Very few people succeed.

Advice to Management

Make training effective. Make trainers responsible for the success of their trainees. Start a mentoring program. Encourage successful people to share what they do. Tell the truth about how much average people make.

Jun 30, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for your input. While we are excited about many of the changes currently occurring in our company and across our entire sales organization over the past year, we recognize that we’re not done ... More

"Fun"

Current Employee - Advertising Consultant in Castle Rock, CO
    Current Employee - Advertising Consultant in Castle Rock, CO

I have been working at Liturgical Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like what I do. Its rewarding, challenging, and uplifting. I believe in the product and what we do. Makes the job 100% easier if you believe. The people I meet and the places I travel.

Cons

Pay could be a better for the long hours we invest in the work.
     Bigger bonus incentives. Make the goals easier for the average good rep.
    More employee recognition. Better communication between Reps and SCC
    Controlling Managers Teach them a little empathy.........they use to be there.

Advice to Management

take care of your Advertising Reps. They are your bread and butter.....................
    Help managers to be less controlling approach and more educational approach. You only seem to hear the stuff you mess up on not the stuff you do well at. Reward Reward Reward

"Best Company I've worked for in my 30 years of Sales"

Current Employee - Regional Account Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Account Representative in Cleveland, OH

Pros

The benefits of working at Liturgical Publications is your joining a company that is not only successful throughout the US in helping their customers but they take it a step further by ensuring that every employee is trained by the best trainers, managers and management. This results in customers who trust us, stay with us and recommended us to others. The opportunities to excel and grow are above average and superior to other companies. The ability to work as a team and continually work on improvements alleviate errors and thus retain long lasting relationships! From our Sales Manger's, VP, CEO, COO, HR Team, we are consistently able to share ideas, share experiences, overcome obstacles and be rewarded for our work. The management team consistently promotes and rewards their employees with bonuses, trips and so much more. For me, this is not a job but a career that I am proud to say I'm a part of. Benefits, time-off, compensation are all above standards!
    If you haven't worked with a company that offers these opportunities, you have missed out! All companies, whether established for years or just start-up businesses should take time to see just how LPi, Inc. runs their business and I assure you, your success will prosper and your employees will stay!

Cons

Challenges with LPi are simple, we want the best. We want team players, people who want to grow and prosper, people who are passionate about their work. People who care about their customers and put in an honest days work. If your not looking for these qualifications, please do not apply. We love our work, we are passionate, we are a team and we won't let anyone interfere with our drive.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is keep doing what your doing. You're the elite! A force to be reckoned with. Your ability to continue building this business rapidly and consistently challenging yourselves to help this company prosper is incredible. To have your employees look forward to seeing you, exchanging ideas and receiving feedback is what makes this company the success it is. The greatest gift we can receive is to be told we are good and that we are appreciated. This is exactly what I receive everyday I go to work. I thank you all for believing in me and this great company. Larry, Chris, and everyone I deal with, you have continued to teach me, help me and for that it makes me a better employee, a better representative for LPi and all around a better person.

"Excellent work and life balance with great co-workers."

Current Employee - Web Developer in New Berlin, WI
    Current Employee - Web Developer in New Berlin, WI

I have been working at Liturgical Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With a daily standing meeting and weekly code review you are always learning from your teammates. Our manager is always pushing us to do more, better, faster and it shows in our work we do.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like ideas are not taken seriously. Different segments of the organization are siloed.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful for get quick responses and open communication across all teams.

"Try selling in a declining market"

Current Employee - Ad Sales in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Ad Sales in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Liturgical Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good job for someone breaking into media sales,

Cons

Your success is based on the churches you are assigned, sales cycle too short, web offering is lame.

Advice to Management

reduce the number of poor performing churches, not worth the sales reps time.