LivHOME Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Care giver"

Former Employee - Care Giver in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Care Giver in San Diego, CA

I worked at LivHOME part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Care managers are good, good training, good support for care givers and clients. Work with you to work as many hours as you would like to work. Can work hourly or live in. Highly recommend working here.

Cons

I can not think of any cons

2. "livhome"

I have been working at LivHOME part-time

Pros

meeting nice clients was great

Cons

staff is very pushy, sometimes rude and not very understanding with schedule changes, not concerned with employee issues and does a lot to ignore them, also under paid employees

Advice to Management

Be more concerned with employees

3. "Wrong fit for me."

I worked at LivHOME full-time

Pros

Loved staffing the Caregivers. They were wonderful.

Cons

Management was frantic.

4. "Executive Director has little involvement in the day to day operations"

I worked at LivHOME full-time

Pros

Friendly, family type of environment

Cons

No room for upward mobility, upper management doesn't make an effort to challenge or support employees

5. "Caregiver"

I worked at LivHOME full-time

Pros

It is a very independent job position. You get to share the live of the client you are with and make a difference in that persons life.

Cons

Each client is different. While some live by themselves, others live with families or companions who expect you to be more of a maid than a caregiver. They will ask you to wash their clothes, vacuum the carpets do the dishes. It is up to you to establish your role and you have to have the ability to say "no. this is not why I am here." Light housework/cleaning is part of your job description so you need to understand what is expected and what is abuse.

Advice to Management

Be more clear on the responsibilities of the care giver. Too many times I have gone to fill in for someone and the only thing I did was clean the home. The clients need to know this is an abuse of the service we provide. I don't feel like they do a good enough to ensure the employees are not taken advantage of.

6. "Caregiver/Companion"

Current Employee - Caregiver/Companion in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Caregiver/Companion in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LivHOME part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Access to senior caregiving clients

Cons

Less need for male caregivers

7. "Care Consultant"

Pros

Decent Pay, nice people to work with. They pay pack expense reports in a timely manner.

Cons

Management is all over the place. SUPER high Turnover rate for Sales reps. HomeCare industry is not a good industry. Company hires sub par Caregivers, yet we charge the highest rate in the industry.. and we're expected to sell this average service. Spent a lot of time apologizing for our poor service.. No company credit card. ..but required to dish out $500/month for customer expenses..not including traveling expenses.
    Boring job.

Advice to Management

its a bad industry. time to walk away. The business is a failing business. It may have been good at one time, but it is no longer. the only way you guys will succeed, is if you spend your money hiring GOOD, SOLID caregivers.. not $9.00/hour ghetto caregivers who steal and do a bad job. They are the face of the company, and yet the hiring process is terrible.. they'll hire any caregiver.

8. "Not enough hours"

Current Employee - CNA in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - CNA in Houston, TX

Pros

They pay is fair and the staffs are good too

Cons

They only give you 24 hours or 36 hours the most for a full-time ,if you are lucky

Advice to Management

They still hire more caregivers when they haven't given the ones working full time complete 40 hours

9. "Make a Difference"

I worked at LivHOME full-time

Pros

Very rewarding work providing services to older adults, families and referral sources who are navigating the healthcare system. Staff are passionate, love what they do, and put client's needs first; truly a wonderful team.

Cons

Continued struggle to get ahead of industry issues including caregiver recruitment and retention, wage and hour changes, and regaining market share.

10. "good company to work for"

Former Employee - Home Health Aide/CNA in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Home Health Aide/CNA in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LivHOME (More than a year)

Pros

Nurses on call 24/7 to help if there is a questionable situation or emergency. They are organized with their clients and employees. normal pay for the industry. If your shift relief does not show up, the office staff are willing to step in and take over the missing shift employee. They know their clients well and will fit you with the appropriate clients.

Cons

Too many other employees not showing up for their shifts or are late. This will cause you to stay late bacause in many cases, the client is not ambulatory and needs around the clock care.

Advice to Management

spiffs to the care giver that stays late and may there be consequences for those that are not on time to their shifts.