Live Nation Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Live Nation Entertainment President, CEO, and Director Michael Rapino
Michael Rapino

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Fun and interesting work environment" (in 49 reviews)

• "You get to attend all live nation shows for free which is an obvious pro for a music lover also the people are fantastic to work with" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance sucks at the venue level" (in 28 reviews)

• "Long hours on event days, which is expected if you aspire to work with events" (in 55 reviews)

1. "Receptionist and on-site tour assisant"

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment part-time

Pros

flexible
    very nice office employees
    great for someone going into music business

Cons

schedule was word-of-mouth
    long days sitting at a desk sometimes

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Nov 6, 2018

Thanks for your fantastic score and review!

"Software Engineer at Live Nation"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work culture is pretty laid back and people are pretty friendly.

Cons

Lack of clear direction which complicates planning, execution, anda management of expectations

3. "Production Runner - Part Time Seasonal"

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment part-time

Pros

Mainly the whole purpose of the job is acting as a tour guide and personal shopper for the tour visiting the venue. The pros of the jobs are I got to work backstage with all the production and tour managers, as well as, work along side several artists and bands. Great job to work if you are a music major because of all the networking opportunities. Bonus: I was fed 3 meals a day backstage and got to eat with the crew. Extremely flexible. There is no set schedule when you work, they ask you when you want to work/are available to work. No shame/penalties in turning down work either for this job. Depending on the tour needs, sometimes the days were extremely busy and other times I had a lot of down time. Most of the time during down time, I was socializing with everyone backstage to see how they were enjoying their time at the venue or reading a book. Sometimes if I wasn't running errands or picking/dropping off people then I got to go out into the house and watch part of the concert. When running errands, Live Nation will either provide a 15 passenger van to drive or have you drive your personal vehicle with guests in it and LiveNation does pay for gas in both vehicles if you were using both. Don't have to wear the LiveNation uniform. Basically, you can wear what you want as long as its appropriate and not offensive.

Cons

Long hours. Usually I worked a minimum of 12-18 hours each day I got to work. I usually had to be at the venue sometime in the morning (8-9am) and I never knew what time I would get off because of what the needs of the tour were. The earliest I got off was about 11:30pm and the latest was 3:30am. This is a great on the side opportunity, but don't expect to work this job all the time with pay coming in. The job was only durning the summer concert season and I got to work a totally of 5 times the entire summer. It was more like "when we need you" job once a month and usually I was notified the day before to a week in advanced of when they needed me to work. Don't expect to watch the concerts either because you more than likely will be running errands or picking up people during this time. At times, it could be awkward of knowing your place at the venue because of the info meetings going on backstage that management didn't want you to hear, so to get away production runners either hung in the bathroom or the vans they were driving.

Nov 6, 2018

Thank you for your comments and giving us a good rating.

4. "Usher"

Pros

Environment, people friendly, positive staff

Cons

Work weekends, late nights, clean up trash

Nov 6, 2018

Thanks for your comments.

5. "It was okay to get some experience"

Former Employee - Usher in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Usher in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment (Less than a year)

Pros

I got to listen to music at work and be in the pretense of some awesome artists. I also enjoyed having conversations with fans of artists that I listened to.

Cons

Working late nights wasn't too good for me, I don't feel like I got paid nearly enough for my job, standing for 9 hours in a row was strenuous, cleaning up at the end of the night was annoying, breaks weren't long enough at all, I didn't actually get to watch the shows!!!

Advice to Management

Raise the wages for ushers to at least $9 or $10. Change average break time to at least 30 minutes, I'd like to actually rest my feet.

6. "Sponsorship"

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time

Pros

Fun and exciting work environment and get to see all the shows.

Cons

Feel like a satellite office if not in NYC or LA.

Nov 6, 2018

Thank you for your rating.

7. "Ticketseller"

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment part-time

Pros

Flexible hours and opportunity for benefits.

Cons

No room for growth and advanced opportunities.

Nov 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

8. "people quit bad managers, not bad companies..."

Current Employee - Usher/Security/Gopher in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Usher/Security/Gopher in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

great for music lovers! the experiences and memories you will have pays far more than the hourly rate.

Cons

local mgrs pick favorites and hold grudges openly. criticism of any kind will get you stuck working gates and nothing else.

Advice to Management

BETTER and more frequent auditing of your local management and supervisors, you're losing great folks who are not there to work for $10/hr, they are there for the experience and fun...its supposed to be fun and should never be subjected to intimidation or fear retaliation for expressing criticisms or concerns about supervisors or other band members behaviors when not following security protocol.

9. "Usher/Greeter/Ticket Taker"

Former Employee - Usher in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Usher in Dallas, TX

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting to see a variety of musical acts, speakers, etc. at various venues across DFW.

Cons

Parking can be terrible, shows can be chaotic with little opportunity for advancement. Extremely limited hours available. You cannot support yourself on the hours and salary combinations.

Advice to Management

More communication between departments and department employees. More consistently in the workplace.

10. "Usher"

Current Employee - Usher
    Current Employee - Usher

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere and great management, schedule yourself when you are available per show.

Cons

Low pay, makes for high employee turnover. Not much room to grow.

Nov 6, 2018

5 stars, thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying working for LNE.