Live Nation Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Live Nation Entertainment President, CEO, and Director Michael Rapino
Michael Rapino

Pros
  • Nice Employees, Fun work environment (in 39 reviews)

• Free concerts and if you're shadowing an employee for a concert you get some pretty rare experiences (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance - expectations can be unrealistic (in 21 reviews)

• long hours, hot temperatures, outside work (in 37 reviews)

"Exceptional Minds Run for the Front Door--an update to my original post from Nov 2008."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Pros

Casual work environment, flexible working hours, accessibility to senior folks, and depending on your team, in my case, great teammates.

Cons

Unfortunately, I've learned the hard way that the very senior executives at Live Nation have zero interest in retaining talent and has said as much through their actions by eliminating the 401k match, keeping salaries fixed year-over-year, proudly stating that annual reviews are just not done here, restricting bonuses to a few key C-level execs, and leaders purposefully dodging career development questions. I have never been more disappointed by the leadership of any organization than here at Live Nation.

I advise prospective job seekers to pass on LN Corporate--it is not worth the heartache, abuse, and frustration. There is just simply no recognition, reward or opportunity for advancement. Promotions are not based on merit but rather haphazard chance. I have not even begun to scratch the surface of the discontentment across the organization and it is growing by the day. It really pains me to see such great talent wrangled in and left to waste-all because these executives truly think that there is an unlimited supply of stellar talent just waiting at the LN doorstep clamoring to get in.

Advice to Management

Lose the ego, drop the bullying and scare-tactics, and treat your employees with respect. Recognize star players with promotions and financial rewards, not just more work. Care about the career development of your people and take the time to know your employees to better assess their strengths, interests, and capabilities. Give people the opportunity to advance their career at LN--it is not a zero sum game.

2. "Terrible"

Current Employee - Usher in Holmdel, NJ
    Current Employee - Usher in Holmdel, NJ

Pros

It's a good job if you're a teacher looking for summer work, but other than that it's a terrible place to work. The only good thing is that you can make your own schedule and work as little/much as you want

Cons

Worked there for 3+ years and they still don't know my name. Terrible management and supervision. Don't expect to be paid on time, or at the right wage all the time.

If they promise to give you benefits/commission for something, get it in writing, or you won't receive it.

Nobody ever knows whats going on, and if they do they certainly don't tell their employees. The supervisors play favorites with their friends that work there, which could mean a lot of extra cash if they let you sell tickets, but they usually just let their friends do it. Most people don't do their job and the supervisors don't care. When I ask people to see their tickets, half the time they say "Nobody else has asked to see this, why are you the only one doing your job"

Advice to Management

Management seems to change every year but never gets any better

3. "not as fun as it sounds"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

free t-shirts every few weeks
    commuter checks are a nice way to fill up the clipper card
    free sodas, juice, coffee and tea

Cons

can't count on manager support
    can't count on deadlines being real
    managers will not even try to improve the situation
    defeatist attitude really makes it hard to contribute

Advice to Management

fix the things that are broken instead of just keeping track of the same issues meeting after meeting
    learn how to lead and motivate a team

"Insecure, incompetent, disrespectful senior team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Pros

- inherently a "cool' business that can have a lot of "soul"
    - glam factor since it is the concert business
    - access to concert tickets
    - some great people

Cons

- the most dysfunctional, insecure and unqualified senior team I have ever encountered
    - Sr. executives communicate through fear and intimidation, lots of screaming and swearing
    - reward and recognition is primarily based on who is in favor...forget about performance
    - no company direction
    - command and control leadership style that thoroughly suffocates innovation and common sense

Advice to Management

Get some real "leaders' into the senior team and get rid of the screaming incompetents. Respect your employees. Treat the fans right and have the guts to do what is right for the music and concert business. How do you expect to make money when you constantly rip off the fans?!

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great industry to work in
    Free access for you and a guest to most concerts at company-owned ampitheatres
    Ok salary

Cons

No communication from management
    Inexperienced management for a company this large
    $4-5 billion in annual revenues, yet the company has never made a profit
    Executives hoard all bonuses and stock awards
    No performance evaluations or goal-setting processes
    All talented people flee this organization as fast as they can

Advice to Management

Advice to the Board of Directors - get a new executive leadership team before they run the company into the ground.

"Single worst employment experience of my adult life!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Tech-heavy company -- good for programmers (they're considered GODS!)
    Easy commute --- light rail or freeway

Cons

Clueless upper management -- they know tech, but not people
    Salaries range from poor to miserable
    Company doesn't give a rat's arse about customers, despite all the lip service.
    Company is clueless when it comes to User Experience or Human Factors --- they run about 12 years behind the times on their technology, with no idea how to catch up and no desire to do so.

Advice to Management

Make your customers part of your team --- they are stakeholders, just as much as management or the Exec Staff. The bottom line isn't the **ONLY** line! Hire people who know how to design and market products and services that customers will want to use, THEN LISTEN TO THOSE PEOPLE AND TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT!

"Poor communication and organizational structure"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

I really enjoy the company as a whole. I love what they do with music and concerts, and their business model sets them up for success in the long run.

Cons

My particular department had a severe lack of communication between employees and management. Formal reviews are not given, managers rarely (if ever) meet with employees to discuss performance or professional growth. If you are okay completely on your own, with little communication from management, and do not have aspirations for growth within a company - this could be the job for you.

Advice to Management

I can't speak for senior management, but within my specific department - there is a severe lack of attention and communication.

"Incompetent management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Pros

good benefits, co-workers are decent

Cons

Much of IT management is paranoid and incompetent

9. "Was driven into the ground!"

Former Employee - Building Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Building Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved what I did. And that was the problem. Once my GM figured out how passionate I was about my job she used it against me. Really liked working with some of the people, until they were done learn everything I had to offer them......then low and behold, KNIFE to the back and showed the door, In an email no less!!

Cons

Too many people feared for their job which in turn cause me grief. In all my day as a working stiff, I was NEVER yelled at, demeaned or threatened. Until Live Nation. GM and other folks try to intimidate me and I don't take that very well. All very unprofessional. Cause me to get migraines, hospitalized for exhaustion and when I can back they tried to fire me for job abandonment. VERY, VERY piss-poor management skills!! Also, was always bitched at about OT, but still had to work 40hrs a week AND make all the shows,WITH NO OT!! Excuse me!!?

Advice to Management

Stop beating on your employees as if they where a piece of gum to be scraped off your shoes. You've already lost enough good people!!

"Horrific, disorganized, imcompetent, worthless"

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none, none, none, none, none

Cons

idiot management, no direction, no support, no room to grow, no allies, many enemies,
    not to mention the totally disorganized, backstabbing, opportunistic, cowardly, and stupid management

Advice to Management

get some brains