Live Nation Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

Live Nation Entertainment Reviews

Updated May 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Nice Employees, Fun work environment (in 39 reviews)

• Free concerts and if you're shadowing an employee for a concert you get some pretty rare experiences (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance - expectations can be unrealistic (in 21 reviews)

• long hours, hot temperatures, outside work (in 36 reviews)

"Take the resume credit and move on within 3 years"

Former Employee - Manager in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment (More than 3 years)

Pros

Looks great on a resume.
    You'll get to potentially go to a lot of concerts
    Good entry level jobs available
    If you're smart, you have advanced access to influential people in the industry for networking purposes

Cons

Unless you are a talent buyer/promoter, the company does not value your position and sees you as incredibly expendable.
    Salaries are incredibly low unless you are in sponsorship or talent buying
    Employee benefits seem to be getting cut year over year
    Very little room for growth in terms of salary, with constant demands for growth in responsibilities. Whatever you agree to for your entry level will determine your ceiling.
    Zero training. You are thrown into the deep end.

Advice to Management

The disparity in salaries between talent buyers and literally every other management position is a serious morale issue. Too much is expected from the ops, marketing and box office team for such low compensation. For all the talk of building a good culture, it's painfully clear that only a few people are truly valued.

"Usher"

Current Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great venue in downtown Nashville along the Cumberland River. Friendly Usher staff. Cohesive, conscientious team!! Doing a fabulous job this 2016 season. Enjoy meeting and assisting guests for a fun night out listening to music at the same time! JB is awesome . Thank You!

Cons

Other departments and their managers are abit disorganized and lack experience. Need to improve training for management. Told to be friendly and always smile....they should be doing the same😊. Treat your staff in a friendly/ family manner too! Not great pay for all employees.

Advice to Management

Lightweight T shirts please! Heavy cotton shirts in 90+ temperature adds more heat! Please invest in summer shirts for all staff, it's the least you can do, along with hats from the beating sun! You can afford to increase hourly pay for your employees that support you! Come on Live Nation help us out please. Thank You.

"Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun and exciting work within the live music entertainment business

Cons

low compensation, high hours and not a lot of career opportunities for growth

Advice to Management

Higher compensation and more career opportunities

5. "Ticket-Taker Front Gate Jiffy Lube Live- Bristow, VA"

Former Employee - Ticket Taker in Bristow, VA
    Former Employee - Ticket Taker in Bristow, VA

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My supervisor and co-workers were great! After your shift, you can go watch the concert for free.

Cons

Minimum wage; some customers could be extremely rude and unruly.

Advice to Management

The front gate requires a high level of customer service skills. Supervisor preferred seasoned adults, like myself, to handle the often impatient crowd waiting to enter the venue. At $7.25 an hour, I wasn't able to make much extra $ there and left after 2 summers. They are always in need of ticket-takers, if they made a bit more than minimum wage, they would be able to keep the adults on staff. We were much more effective at crowd control than the teens were able to be.

6. "Not bad, but nothing special"

Current Employee - Usher in Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Usher in Concord, CA

Pros

The venue i work at has a good place for ushers. They seem to care, and we are able to get more laid back by the time the crowd dies down.

Cons

Nothing is really too great at the job. Their is nothing truly special about it. The head person seems a little too strict from what i have heard.

Advice to Management

if you can help employees feel a little more comfortable and make some accommodations, that would help a lot. Like if the employees think something will help them, at least listen and actually think about it.

7. "Fun, Comfortable Job for Casuals and Music Lovers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed, Casual Environment. Some fun perks.

Cons

Low-Pay; Little to No Training; Poorly Implemented Procedures

8. "Fun job nut can be long hard hours"

Current Employee - Traffic Supervisor in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Traffic Supervisor in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment part-time

Pros

Being paid to attend concerts, most if the staff feel like a huge family, convenient work hours, fun job, and each show has its own new croud so each show is different from the last.

Cons

At times very long hard hours, rude fans, mediocre wages but hourly so the long hours can help provide balance, lots of standing and walking so be prepared to move a lot.

Advice to Management

Remember that the staff under you are people too and deserve credit for their hard work too. And training can never hurt but not training hurts everyone.

9. "Sales Intern"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Pros

Great work environment
    Interesting Sales Tactics
    Supportive Coworkers

Cons

Interns are unpaid, but still great learning experience

"A Company in Transition"

Current Employee - Engineering Executive -Manager in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Executive -Manager in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I see a lot of LN reviews here where the pros listed are the ability to attend free events. Trust me, as an employee of nearly 9yrs, employees getting good seats to events are few, and far between. There is a free "grass pass" to sit in the ($10) grass areas of our amphitheaters. There is a distinct opportunity for growth in certain areas of the company, and I can say my compensation is good currently - however, it's wildly inconsistent across other areas of the company (e.g. some get amazing bonuses, some nothing at all for doing like-jobs). If you want a major pro (for LN), they are a monopoly. Just try to attend a big name artist's show without purchasing the ticket from Ticketmaster, attending in an LN venue, and purchasing food & beverages, or merchandising where LN gets the lion's share. The artist is likely an LN-managed artist as well, perhaps even a 360 deal they've done, which are no different than the ones the labels did in the 80's and 90's, which brought down the music industry, and made it so only big artists could make a decent living in music. It is the only ticketing platform in the world that will likely not fall down during a high-volume on-sale like Bruce Springsteen, or The Police, so there is that.

Cons

As revenue rises, LN's profits have deepened sharply over the last few years. Any savvy investor should be able to deduce this. The company was once a fun place to work, we took calculated risks, which paid off. We ran things with an entrepreneurial spirit, almost as if we were a startup. We worked as dedicated teams, and relished going to work everyday. Now everything the company does is based on cost savings, and showing structure, almost as if they're readying the company for privatization, or a sale. I've witnessed spectacularly, talented people who helped get LN to where it is today either leave through attrition, or be eliminated over the course of the last few years. The CEO is unreliable to the employee base, new company benefits never transpire, or disappear as quietly as they're announced. There's zero focus on new, bleeding-edge technology plays, but rather a laser-focus on paperwork, and process. It's become unbearable for me to watch, so I'm exiting soon.

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to your attrition rate, especially at Ticketmaster. Focus on R&D investing in it as a central growth strategy. Become passionate about launching innnovative products, disrupting stagnant areas of the industry, rather than concentrating on being the 800lb. gorrilla in the room. Get rid of your CEO, he may be a savvy salesman, but he's not doing your company morale any favors. I hope you find your way - I leave behind many friends.

"Good people, overworked"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most people were friendly and down to earth. For an accounting position, there was a lot of flexibility in my day-to-day.

Cons

Expectations for entry level staff were reasonable, but the stress felt by managers and above was palpable. It seemed like the minute people were in danger of being promoted, they would consider leaving.

Advice to Management

One way to keep people happy might be to hire more people to do the work.