LiveHealthier Reviews | Glassdoor

Mary Moslander

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Really Liked It"

I worked at LiveHealthier full-time

Pros

Friendly employees, fantastic benefits, and great work/life balance. Running and tennis clubs should keep you motivated! No dress code- feel free to wear yoga pants or athletic gear. The work itself was fun and engaging. Mary Moslander is absolutely wonderful and so are most of the higher management.

Cons

It was bought out by a larger company, which is making some unwanted changes to office life.

Advice to Management

Please don't change too much.

"Intern"

I worked at LiveHealthier part-time

Pros

Tremendous opportunity to grow. Dedication, quality work is rewarded.

Cons

No legitimate cons. Employees are remarkably fit, thus it may encourage you to work out. This could be a con if you loathe exercise.

"Great, friendly environment. But seriously underpaid staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at LiveHealthier full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I first started working for LiveHealthier, I loved it. I loved the environment. Loved all of the employees including the senior management. Everyone is really friendly and willing to help in any way that they can whether it's in the office or out of the office. The kitchens are great, when they're clean. The management makes sure to keep the kitchen and office supplies stocked (for the most part). The company is growing constantly, client-wise and staff-wise. On a regular basis, the company has wellness activities and occasionally has social functions.

There's lots that can be learned. I started working with little to no knowledge of the industry and how things worked in the company. Throughout my years at LiveHealthier I have learned a lot about the work and about myself, and still there is much that can be learned.

The company has flexible WFH and PTO policies which are some of the great benefits to being employed there. Also, the company offers a stipend for transportation costs.

The health benefits are good as well.

Overall, I believe LiveHealthier is a good place to start your working career.

Cons

It's a highly stressful environment. The company tries to relieve stress by having activities either at the office or a local business, but most of the employees are unable and/or unwilling to participate due to their workloads. The company is extremely understaffed given the amount of work that needs to be done for the plethora of clients that the company caters to.

When it comes to training, the company is pretty unorganized. The amount of work that needs to be done is overwhelming and the lack of manpower causes issues with having availability for new employees to be properly trained. When it comes down to it, it's trial by fire. With the system being as fragile as it is, there've very little room for errors. As processes are changing constantly, there is a lot of confusion as to what actual processes are.

Promotions don't depend on how well you do your work. Nor how long you've worked with the company. These things will get you maybe... MAYBE a side promotion (or a title change with little to NO INCREASE IN PAY). And with all the work that needs to be done, learning the knowledge that an employee needs to achieve career advancement in the company is pretty much non-existent unless you dish out the money to go back to school. It is highly possible for someone just hired to receive a promotion than someone who has been doing great work and working hard for years in the company. In other words, if you want to achieve career advancement within LiveHealthier, you'd either need to have gone to school studying something that relates to the Health and Wellness industry or learned methods to improve upon the processes being acted on in some department, or... already be a seasoned, knowledgeable new hire.

The employees in the company are underpaid. Most, if not all, employees are paid monthly which tends to contribute to employees having to not only work hard in the office, but work hard at home to budget their money each month and pay their bills each month. There's no option for overtime pay. Once the

As far as the stipend for transportation, it's taxed along with your monthly income. So you're getting less money to put toward your transportation costs. Paying to park costs about $6.40 a day, which totals at about $128 a month. That's only if you strictly work exactly 8 hours a day. With the pressure of having 100% of your work done each day, it's hard not to stay in the office an extra hour or two every day.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to bring more change within organization. There are a lot of unhappy employees within the organizations, which became clear during the company survey that took place. Although the profitability and survival of the company is important, the well-being of the employees is just as important.

It's understood that the company is still growing. So change is inevitable. But don't let the energetic and positive environment diminish to the equivalent of a prison isolation unit.

"Dysfunctional company."

Pros

Flexible schedule, a few great people left.

Cons

Management doesn't know anything that's going on. No new business (1 new client in 2014). Not listening to what customer want. Won't listen to innovative ideas that people lower and know what their talking about.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together. Fire Quincy and Elaine (waste of money). Don't force people out the door. Make them want to stay. Don't hire people for a quick buck, invest and them and they will do good.

"Nice colleagues, good company, less growth opportunities"

I have been working at LiveHealthier full-time

Pros

Friendly coworkers, young and energetic environment, great location. Company is growing and getting new clients.
    Flexible WFH/PTO policy, good work-life balance. We have bean bags in conference rooms, common couch area for work/talks, and on-site fitness classes. Dress code is casual. Best culture fit for girlies.

I like leadership in the company but many co-workers don't. At least, your bosses are not physically present around you throughout the day.

Cons

The biggest con company-wise is that people are under-paid; DC is an expensive city...
    The biggest con work-wise is that it takes a lot of time to get anything done. People take a week to respond to even a simple email and it is the company culture to followup with the tagline "Is there any update on this?" I haven't heard of such acceptance of 'delaying' in any other organization.

A lot of people work remotely and it just kills the vibe. Even the IT people work remotely (yes, in 2014); there is no shortage of qualified people in DC, duh.
    Client Relationship Managers (CRMs) are clueless about details of data operations, programs, and health challenges we run for our clients.
    Only a handful people are smart; really, I find most people dumb and it takes forever to explain a simple reasoning or logic.

Advice to Management

Give training to CRMs about all functions/processes of the company. They are the face of our company and most of them carry a "?" on their faces. Given their paycheck/experience, I feel they should have been proactive in demanding this...
    Treat temps better: they are also 'qualified' in something.

"A Positive Perspective"

I have been working at LiveHealthier full-time

Pros

Unfortunately reviews are typically isolated to the unhappy. While everyone is allowed an opinion, I want to make sure that the opinion of a few is not perceived as the reality for all. Innovative, collaborative, supportive, smart, fun, family, remarkable staff, and flexibility all come to mind when I think about LiveHealthier. This company has had exponential growth over the past 2 years. With growth comes headaches, but these headaches are not unique to LiveHealthier. However, the innate pros that have sustained this growth are quite unique. This is easily taken for granted especially by those who are young in their career and have not worked elsewhere.

Cons

Growth is not for everyone. Change is inevitable and can be difficult for many. Unfortunately this can lead to attrition but again, this is not uncommon for any growing company.

"A happy employee with a positive outlook"

Current Employee - Client Services in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Client Services in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at LiveHealthier full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LiveHealthier is a young, bright and innovative company that is going through exceptional growth, creating excellent career opportunities for it's employees. This organization is exciting, collaborative, fun, flexible, dynamic, open and fast paced. The office space is beautiful and the company upholds a flexible work culture for employees, striving toward optimal work life balance for all. Working here, I have found a peer group that is passionate and committed to the work that we do, despite the roadblocks and bumps along the way, there is a wonderful energy here that is hard to overlook. LiveHealthier's CEO is exceptionally passionate about the company's welfare, mission and long term longevity. It is refreshing to work under a leader who takes the satisfaction and well being of her employees so seriously and to heart.

Cons

LiveHealthier is growing, and growth, especially the fast paced growth we have experienced can bring unwanted change and frustration. I am disappointed that a few others have not been able to see the sliver lining that we have glowing around here, but there will always be those who can not see the positive side of change. The true test of the longevity of this company is where we have been and how far we have come. For those who know and understand the big picture, it is not hard to see that LiveHealthier is on a strong and steady path toward great things, both in our industry and in creating/maintaining a lovely place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the worker bees and to create changes that benefit the collective. Continue to be transparent about where the company is going, what is changing and what may or may not be working!

"Outlook bleak unless drastic changes made"

I have been working at LiveHealthier full-time

Pros

Decent work/life balance, great location, friendly staff, healthy culture

Cons

No clear leadership, no collaboration, focus on departmental goals only, strategy lacking, no transparency, churn, lack of accountability and ownership

Advice to Management

Completely reassess the strategy. Focus on what the company needs in five years versus the next three months. Reevaluate legacy employees that put up barriers to innovation and hinder progress. Put an end to employees driving initiatives for which they do not have the skills. Promote change and innovation, and give employees the resources to do so. Fix the data issues. Who's running the show?

"I would not recommend this company to anyone."

Pros

Young staff, flexible work schedules, WFH is allowed, nice kitchens and office.

Cons

Disengaged management, no strategy and no priorities. There is very low morale and little to no communication. There should be NO TEMPS in customer facing roles. Continuous departures in key roles (good people leaving), thus leaving the inexperienced people left. If you're in upper management.... try coming into the office once in a while. Very under paid in EVERY department.

Advice to Management

It should not take a survey for you to figure out what is going on at the company. Value everyone.

"I can't recommend working here"

I have been working at LiveHealthier full-time

Pros

Young energetic staff, health and wellness focus, flexible work arrangements in some cases, cool office, two nice kitchens, private bathroom, some opportunities for advancement

Cons

Disengaged management, no strategy, no clear priorities, workplace hostility, low morale, little or communication, lack of experience in key roles, continuous departures in key roles, no training, use of temps in customer facing positions

Advice to Management

It should not take a survey for you to figure out what is going on here. Value your employees and their contributions.