LiveLike Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Andre Lorenceau

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great startup, Great product, Great people"

I have been working at LiveLike full-time

Pros

- Working on an exciting product, in a next-gen industry: VR
    - Great people and great team spirit
    - Awesome projects
    - Flexible work policy

I'm having a fantastic experience at LiveLike.
    I've met some of the coolest people I've ever met, I get to play with crazy future tech daily, and I've gotten opportunities to help shape the future I would never have gotten elsewhere.

Cons

- Fuzzy deadlines
    - Planning could be better, most of the time the projects are started way too late
    - Young management team = lack experience
    - Crunching can be intense, but that's also part of the fun because the team is awesome

Advice to Management

- Be more organized
    - Plan ahead and follow the plan

Dec 5, 2017 – CEO & Founder

Glad you seem happy! I can't tell you how much a good review means to myself and to all of LiveLike - still, you brought up a few points I'd like to address.

We have definitely heard this... More

2. "Great Start with Room for Growth"

I have been working at LiveLike full-time

Pros

- wonderful people and amazing culture
    - flexible work hours
    - everyone generally wants to be better at what they do and create an awesome experience
    - team is dedicated and excited about the work they are doing
    - awesome team outings and impromptu fun time
    - beautiful office and responsive operations team
    - CEO truly cares about everyone who works here and takes the time to listen to suggestions and new ideas

Cons

- different expectations across departments or groups about work/life balance, workload, working hours, and advancement expectations, which is hard to justify in such a small company
    - lack of communication about long-term vision
    - exclusively male management team

Advice to Management

Add some diversity to the executive team! Part of the problem with unconscious biases is that they are *unconscious*, and the policies, attitudes, and culture that the executive team creates at this company could benefit from different perspectives.

Also, create one message-- both for vision and expectations-- and stick to it!

3. "LiveLike Review"

Current Employee - Business Operations Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Operations Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at LiveLike part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has an awesome diverse team with a great set of skills. The people who work here are very smart and fun. There is a lot of work to be done but its good to know that everyone does the best they can. In addition, the parties and small office events really make everyone feel comfortable and at home while working.

Cons

- WeWork office people are annoying but that's about to change.
    - There can be a lot of rushing to complete projects.

Advice to Management

Talk more with as many employees as you can and continue to have cool holiday and celebratory parties.

Dec 7, 2017 – CEO & Founder

Glad to see you happy! I really empathize with you when you say that everyone here is smart and fun. I'm very proud that our culture is a good mix of brilliant people that often don't take themselves... More

"A true startup vibe"

Current Employee - Full Time Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Full Time Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LiveLike full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-flexible work schedule
    -very startup vibe (if you into that)
    - senior management are very easy to talk to
    - great co-workers from various different walks of life
    - Work hard play hard
    - No mircomangement

Cons

-bit unoragnize
    - no structure (startup life)
    -people work late at times (even senior management. We work late during crunch times)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, make sure you don't neglect the old employees

5. "LiveLike experience"

Current Employee - 3D Artist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - 3D Artist in New York, NY

I have been working at LiveLike full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture and legitimate desire to make everyone feel included, satisfied with their jobs and motivated.

Flexible and accommodating work arrangements based on each persons needs.

Good attitude from everyone, from the interns all the way to the CEO.

Issues are addressed as soon as possible and nothing is just "brushed off". Things eventually get done or at least an honest attempt is made by management to fix and improve them.

Honestly I cannot imagine a better way for a a startup to be managed. It shows by the way the company is growing and keeps unified even though a lot of people work remotely in other cities and/or countries, nothing ever feels disconnected.

Competitive pay and benefits even compared to more established companies.

Great and exciting product!

Cons

Eventual crunch times, which is more of an industry-wide issue

Issues related to "growing pains" related to the rapid growth of the company... but honestly I feel like they will be sorted out soon.

Advice to Management

Keep on this same track and don't change once you have an empire!!!

6. "Challenging... but my dream job"

I have been working at LiveLike full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The space that LiveLike is in is just everything I like : VR/MR/AR, reinventing the sports experience, and tech. It's has been really thrilling to participate in bringing the most amazing sport events to VR (such as NCAA and NBA, Super Bowl LI, Tennis Grand Slams, eSports...) and finding our entirely new ways to get there.

There is no doubt there are smarter people than me and I find it motivating, challenging and exciting. There is so much ground to cover that even with such smart people, I feel I have been able to make really unique contributions to LiveLike.

Cons

All the typical challenges of a startup: more projects you can humanly deal with especially with how much you want to do in the space of VR, MR, AR. The previous startup I worked at tanked so it was something I considered before joining and it is great to see LiveLike win tons of clients, awards, raise Series B, etc...

Also it seems the company has found some kind of balance focusing first and foremost on most strategic projects as a result or non Apple-like limitless ressources.
    I joined the NY office, I enjoy it -- still kind of wish it opened an office in San Francisco.

Advice to Management

Daft Punk said it best: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. Just keep raising the bar!

7. "Amazing team, big challenges, and intense work, but I wouldn't have it any other way."

I have been working at LiveLike full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team we've built here is something I'm truly proud to be a part of. Through all the stress of building a start-up, the team has been my driven force every single day I get up. On top of that, the people I work directly with have been amazingly supportive and patient with my growth. My ideas are always heard, even if my team isn't completely in agreement with me. I've made friends here that I'm positive will be a constant in my life even past my time here at LiveLike and that's something I can't personally put a price tag on.

Working in an emerging technology has presents a number of challenges that I didn't expect. Merge that with building things from scratch since day one and you get some of the most reward work I've ever done. We've grown like crazy and set to continue the trend, which is exciting.

It gets even better when I think about our new office we'll be moving into in a few weeks and all the amazing people that are sure to join very soon.

Cons

- Our Senior Leadership team is a bit fresh to most of this. Which means a bit of fumbling when it comes to really important decisions. This tends to trickle down and at times has affected the team as a whole.
    - Work demands are mentally intense (so much work, so little time), but I wouldn't expect any different from any other start-up.
    - We're struggling with growing into an organized company. This one will be fixed with time and patience, but its still a strain.
    - With all startups, the best people always come with egos. Dealing and managing those egos tends to put a strain on everyone collectively.

Advice to Management

- Keep getting better at "checking egos at the door".
    - Focus on constantly being 3 steps ahead instead of 5 steps behind.
    - Constantly keep improving on how leadership is handled.
    - Set clearer guidelines for every employee on what is expected of them.

8. "LiveLike is Legit"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Communications Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at LiveLike full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team has a vision that will change sports viewing experience for the better.
    If you like working in a fast pace environment building new and exciting technology this is a great place. Open communication, transparency, giving back and taking care of our own is the unspoken culture of LiveLike.

Cons

Cupcake Friday has still not become a thing, big no no.

Aug 17, 2017 – CEO & Founder

New office soon - means new policies - cupcakes? quite possibly

9. "Lead Front End Developer"

Current Employee - Front End Lead in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Front End Lead in New York, NY

I have been working at LiveLike full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, transparent communications, relaxed atmosphere, cutting edge technology, roles are flexible.

Cons

Constantly changing deadlines, understaffed at times.

Advice to Management

Good company.

Aug 17, 2017 – CEO & Founder

New, enlarged product team coming in is definitely going to let us attempt to have more control on the deadlines, if not, we'll keep trying to make that happen. Also moving into salesforce should... More

10. "A great company exploring exciting tech"

Current Employee - Unity Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Unity Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at LiveLike full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- We get to work in a exciting field: VR
    - VR experience is going to be very valuable in the future
    - Working in VR means we get to explore that industry, which means we get cool tech toys
    - Small team means your input is heard and matters
    - Good atmosphere at work & friendly people
    - Business is booming which is exciting

Cons

- It's a startup which (sometimes!) means that we have to get the job done regardless of the hours it will take.
    - The company is ambitious but somewhat understaffed. This is only a problem at the time of posting this review, and employees are excited to have new people joining the team.

Advice to Management

Spend more time recruiting. The management is busy working, which is great, but the more people on the team the better the company will get. Hiring is currently happening but a bit more time should be spent on it.

Aug 17, 2017 – CEO & Founder

Were Improving how recruiting works right now, putting it on a harder deadline and cycle - fresh $ means fresh possibility in staffing too! I know I answered late but I expect this is still a... More