LiveOps Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Keith Leimbach

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes there wasn't call volume was low (in 41 reviews)

• You are paid for talk time, call volume varies (in 33 reviews)

"A great company going through some necessary changes"

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Liveops is going through changes. Most of them are great! Some are challenging.
     Revenue has been flat the last three years ; what would you do if you were in charge? Accountability is being added all over the company and people are being asked to get on board with a new direction. In related news - this year's revenue is taking off. More new business the first half of the year than all the past 2 years combined.

Pivoting a mature business into a new direction will naturally create friction. Most of the C-level team is new. Our CEO has been very clear about this new direction. Some folks prefer to opt out rather than get on board. Those who don't like it are the ones who chose to do neither.

I understand the frustration of some of the legacy folks. Working somewhere for a long time and going from not being super accountable to being held accountable is probably difficult. I appreciate our exec team being crystal clear about the new direction rather than BS'ing people.

Some really smart, new people have joined the company and are brining a much needed new perspective. I'm pretty excited about it. Not everyone who's been here awhile is happy about that. It happens.

Cons

-Employees are scattered - most in Scottsdale, a handful in Ohio, a new office in Portland, and otherwise remote - which can be challenging
    -HR team could refocus their on-boarding beyond the Scottsdale office and it can be hard to get a straight answer sometimes on benefits or other questions
    -Some of the company's processes are antiquated and outdated; a major initiative is in progress internally to improve this
    -401k matching could be better

Advice to Management

Take greater effort in getting the various offices and locations to communicate better, and improve some of the internal processes. Leverage and bring forward to the rest of the company some of these new employees that i've been pretty impressed by - they might help provide context for some of the changes.

2. "Great work at home job"

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay for working from home is great

Cons

I really don't have any cons about liveops

"Change in a good direction"

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's a new and improved marketing strategy, strong sales leaders, and a heavier focus on people. Additionally, we are putting the right people in key leadership roles which is going to drive LiveOps to new and greater heights.

Cons

Change is hard! But it's typically for the best. This Con is really a Pro depending on the lens you are looking through. Embrace change!

Advice to Management

Your agenda is good for the business. Which is good for the employees and clients..

"Gig Economy"

I worked at LiveOps full-time

Pros

Excellent growth potential with the exploding gig economy
    Savvy Leadership Team

Cons

Too many tired, "old school" legacy employees who don't get it!

"Great Work Life Balance!"

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Pay
    2. Environment/Culture
    3. People (peers/subordinates)
    4. Time Off
    5. Provide Work Life Balance
    6. Flexibility - Ability to be remote employee
    New Mangement has come onboard, and we have seen some huge shifts lately. Firm desisions have been made to dramatically grow our business. Expectations "the bar" have been set just a bit higher.

Cons

Periodic reorganizations with new Leadership. Lack of whitespace time. Some legacy systems.

Advice to Management

Team build with your middle management. We are excited to have you here and want to grow with you, just not all things trickle down to us.

6. "Love LiveOps"

I have been working at LiveOps (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule flexibility and time freedom when you need it.

Cons

Low call volume at times.

"Roadside Assistance"

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great solution for work at home opportunity because of the flexible schedule.

Cons

You may only make $5.00 per hour because of the call volume.

Aug 1, 2017 – VP Talent

Thank you for your feedback. We’re always working to bring in more opportunities for our Liveops Nation agents, to help you make the most of your commits and help you make more money. We also suggest... More

"Good Company for Stay-at-home moms"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LiveOps part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved being able to set my own schedule and completely work from home, and the bonuses were great. Also gained amazing experience for the different clients I took calls for.

Cons

Sometimes there wasn't call volume was low. You get paid per min so no calls= No pay.

Aug 1, 2017 – VP Talent

We’re always listening to community feedback, and giving agents more hours and more types of call opportunities is a top priority for us. We welcome you to consider future opportunities to come back.

"Change is supposed to be good"

I worked at LiveOps full-time

Pros

Flex PTO and good insurance. Professional and talented low and mid-level co-workers.

Cons

Change in C-levels, HR leaders claim to represent the employees and be support through tough change but is only gathering information to terminate. Deteriorating culture, constant fear of job security and promises to support Agent Community falling idle. Termination of long time EXPERIENCED BPO leader is a HUGE mistake.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified HR professionals to navigate a changing company. Look up EMPATHY and support the existing employee & agent communities like you said you would when the new CEO was introduced.

Aug 1, 2017 – VP Talent

Many thanks for taking the time to offer your feedback. We're sorry your experience with the company was not what you had hoped, and that you were not happy with some leadership decisions. Liveops is... More

"Live Around Your Work - Long Lived Liveops"

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are few pros to working for this company any longer. The strength of the company is gutted with 1/2 of the strong leadership already having tendered resignations and more to follow soon.
    The "generous PTO" plan and "work around your life" philosophy would be a pro if it could be enjoyed by anyone aside from CEO and CSO and their favorites.

Cons

The Keith and Sam crew like to consider themselves * buzzword alert* "disruptors". What they don't seem to realize, or have somehow convinced people to ignore, is that to disrupt an industry you have to first understand it and second have an actual vision of your end game.
    Since they've made no effort to meet even the first requirement I'll try to help. Liveops is a BPO. BPO is an acronym for Business Process Outsourcing. Customers enter an agreement with a BPO to have certain business operations needs met.
    Unfortunately, operations resources are not what they are getting with the "New Liveops". I'd challenge anyone to find a BPO client who is seeking a marketing-heavy partner looking for the next big deal over a collaborative partner with functioning operations resources. Current SOP is a shell game that the board and the poor customers are falling for.
    As to the second requirement of having a vision for an end game. There is no identifiable differentiator that even hints at the New Livops being an industry disruptor. When asked for that vision, Keith hedges and can't provide even a single sentence definition much less a road map.

Keith and Same and their entourage actively encourage people to quit the company and are getting their wish. Unfortunately, this is a small company that cannot support a 10% (and growing) employee turnover in a few short weeks. The Teams were already severely understaffed and now many of the people who do the heavy lifting are leaving left and right and it's obvious that more will be leaving as soon as possible.
    * Salaries are not competitive.
    * Resources are non-existent. We are setup for failure.
    * PTO cannot be enjoyed. The expectation is to be connected at all times.
    * For many years employees accepted lower salaries and heavy workloads because of positive culture, relationships and belief that what Liveops offers to agents is important. But non-competitive salaries and growing work hours can't be justified in the New Liveops environment.

Advice to Management

To the Keith & Sam crew: You've created a Us vs Them environment; your distaste for what you call "lazy legacy cruisers" is palpable. Unfortunately, the "them" is all of us doing the work that supports your salary. Being a 'disruptor' means nothing when you have no tangible vision and no respect for or from the majority of your company. There is no advice you'd take and we all know you're going to bail with your $$ and leave the customers and the Liveops employees and investors who have trusted you holding the bag.
    To the board and investors: Wake up. The people who have given years to Liveops are good people who believed in the vision and who count on their job to support their families. You are failing us, the agents, and the clients.