LiveOps Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 16, 2017

5.0
Greg Hanover

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home 24 hours a day 7 days a week (in 150 reviews)

• Great solution for work at home opportunity because of the flexible schedule (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes there wasn't call volume was low (in 44 reviews)

• You are paid for talk time, call volume varies (in 33 reviews)

"Anonymous Employee"

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Greg is back and is now CEO! The way it SHOULD have been from the beginning. LiveOps and most of the employees have survived the dark days of Keith and Sam.
    The pros of the company now:
    1. Culture around people
    2. Renewed energy
    3. Amazing coworkers
    4. Unlimited Future Potential!
    5. Flexible PTO

Cons

A bit understaffed but working towards correcting the issue. Employees may need to work longer hours and/or step into new roles for a bit to keep things moving but under the new leadership most will be happy to do it.

Advice to Management

Support and reward your employees and they will continue to work hard for LiveOps!

2. "Liveops Turbotax Agent"

Current Employee - Agent - Turbotax in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Agent - Turbotax in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Great training
    Bonuses
    Great Management
    Get paid for available time even if no calls come in

Cons

Need to provide own equipment

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job

"Great Days Ahead..."

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a great day at LiveopsNation! Our true leader is back and we couldn't be happier. Making Liveops Great Again!

Cons

The loss of such instrumental employees that have left because of the failure we had in leadership through the Keith & Sam.

Advice to Management

Board, thank you for hearing us and doing the right thing.

"Swift Change"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Greg is coming back!

Cons

We had 8 rough months of Keith.

Advice to Management

Never EVER forget to question when it seems to good to be true!

"Love working for Liveops"

Current Employee - FNOL in Show Low, AZ
    Current Employee - FNOL in Show Low, AZ

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the flexibility of working from home for an insurance carrier, taking auto claims. I enjoy the bonuses and pay, the scheduling of my hours when I want to work and how much I want to or how little I want. I like feeling like I'm helping people all from the comfort of home. Support staff employees are great and work hard to keep us busy and motivated. After working for three other WAH companies in the past, I can definitely say this one has been the best so far. I have been with Liveops for 19 months and hope to be for years to come.

Cons

No complaints, hope to have a chance to advance one day. Also, working fro home can make it hard to connect with coworjers but it is doable.

Advice to Management

The changes and the effort you put forward is greatly appreciated.

"Wonderful Company!"

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility is top. I have been with the company for about 8 months and I absolutely love it! Everyone is a team and making money is the key. You're able to make your own schedule, around being a parent at the same time. Management is great and I couldn't ask for anything better!!!

Cons

The pay could be a little better but I'm not complaining and the training for other opportunities could be a bit better for the agents who want to pursue staying with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I know you all have a handful! Also, listen more to your agents, besides we're the ones making the company do what it does.

"A great company going through some necessary changes"

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Liveops is going through changes. Most of them are great! Some are challenging.
     Revenue has been flat the last three years ; what would you do if you were in charge? Accountability is being added all over the company and people are being asked to get on board with a new direction. In related news - this year's revenue is taking off. More new business the first half of the year than all the past 2 years combined.

Pivoting a mature business into a new direction will naturally create friction. Most of the C-level team is new. Our CEO has been very clear about this new direction. Some folks prefer to opt out rather than get on board. Those who don't like it are the ones who chose to do neither.

I understand the frustration of some of the legacy folks. Working somewhere for a long time and going from not being super accountable to being held accountable is probably difficult. I appreciate our exec team being crystal clear about the new direction rather than BS'ing people.

Some really smart, new people have joined the company and are brining a much needed new perspective. I'm pretty excited about it. Not everyone who's been here awhile is happy about that. It happens.

Cons

-Employees are scattered - most in Scottsdale, a handful in Ohio, a new office in Portland, and otherwise remote - which can be challenging
    -HR team could refocus their on-boarding beyond the Scottsdale office and it can be hard to get a straight answer sometimes on benefits or other questions
    -Some of the company's processes are antiquated and outdated; a major initiative is in progress internally to improve this
    -401k matching could be better

Advice to Management

Take greater effort in getting the various offices and locations to communicate better, and improve some of the internal processes. Leverage and bring forward to the rest of the company some of these new employees that i've been pretty impressed by - they might help provide context for some of the changes.

8. "Agent"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

As an independent contractor for LO I could not ask for more! Working for LO allows me the flexibility I need to be there for my family while still earning a gainful income. I love being able to choose my own hours! I have been with the company for almost 2 years and plan to stick around. Great work/life balance.

Cons

None. I love LO and what they stand for. Those that give negative reviews need to learn the difference between employee and independent contractor.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work-I have seen many improvements in the last year, keep it up!

"Change in a good direction"

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's a new and improved marketing strategy, strong sales leaders, and a heavier focus on people. Additionally, we are putting the right people in key leadership roles which is going to drive LiveOps to new and greater heights.

Cons

Change is hard! But it's typically for the best. This Con is really a Pro depending on the lens you are looking through. Embrace change!

Advice to Management

Your agenda is good for the business. Which is good for the employees and clients..

10. "Love LiveOps"

I have been working at LiveOps (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule flexibility and time freedom when you need it.

Cons

Low call volume at times.