LiveOps Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
LiveOps Chief Executive Officer Greg Hanover
Greg Hanover

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work from Home opportunity (in 154 reviews)

• Great solution for work at home opportunity because of the flexible schedule (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes there wasn't call volume was low (in 44 reviews)

• You are paid for talk time, call volume varies (in 33 reviews)

1. "Never pay me"

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home computer (but the system they use is old and dated and doesn't work unless you download anceint software.)

Cons

The is no help from the Liveopd team. They have not paid me in months and owe me thousands and have not done a thing about it. They say they'll fix it, then delete those emails and do nothing. Its working for free.

Advice to Management

Pay what people are owed. We deserve the money we work for.

"Great company"

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

Caring ownership
    Great Benefits
    Competitive salary
    Owneship is very caring and the management allows their on site managers to run their property without interference.

Cons

At times decisions can be slow to be made and their is the perception of a disconnect from corporate to the field.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat your team as members of the family and you will continue to attract and retain the very best

3. "Great TEAM"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

Great and strong teams, unlimited PTO, management is transparent and listens.

Cons

Bumpy last few executives but now headed in a good direction.

Advice to Management

Get out there with our clients (like you already have) and engage with them. Let them know we hear them and are working hard.

"Incompetence and indifference"

Current Contractor - Inpependant Contractor in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Contractor - Inpependant Contractor in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you are looking for part-time work, and you don't care about a regular schedule, liveops is fine. If you're looking for steady work and income, forget about it.

Cons

As of this writing it's 10/18/17 9:40 am.
    Agents get work by committing to 30 minute blocks that "roll out" on a weekly schedule and you click on the available blocks that you want to work. This rollout was supposed to occur at 9:00 am, it hasn't happened, and it didn't happen on time last week, and it frequently doesn't happen on time, this means the agents don't know when the rollout will happen, it will just happen anytime, so unless the agent has nothing else to do but sit and stare at the schedule, many will miss the rollout completely, which means agents cannot plan their week and many will get no commits, which means no work, no work obviously means no pay.

The company does not communicate with the agents and advise them when the schedule will rollout, at some point, they will let us know they are aware of the problem and that they are working on it. "We're working on it" is a phrase agent hear frequently.

At the time of this posting, many agents commisions still have not been calculated, this was supposed to be done two days ago. Liveops has extended the time we can submit our invoice for payment and they assure us we will be paid on time. As for the problem of not being paid commissions, nothing new about that, eventually they usually pay us for missed commissions, but over the years I've worked here, I've lost hundreds of dollars due to their incompetence.

It's now 9:55 and still no rollout and still no communication as to when there will be a rollout, not even acknowledgment of the problem.

You'll hear talk of the new CEO, but the CEO is not new, he was CEO before, in the last three years Liveops has changed CEOs more times than I can count.

Advice to Management

Management? What management? There are no managers, they are little more than circus clowns. But I'm sure, "they are working on it."

Oct 24, 2017 – Online Marketing Specialist

I am concerned to hear that you feel there has been no communication. Most recently, our CEO Greg Hanover spoke to agents via video at the quarterly agent update and met with them in person during... More

"Liveops Turbotax Agent"

Current Employee - Agent - Turbotax in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Agent - Turbotax in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Great training
    Bonuses
    Great Management
    Get paid for available time even if no calls come in

Cons

Need to provide own equipment

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job

Oct 24, 2017 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience.

"Long scripts and unethical offers?"

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor
    Current Contractor - Independent Contractor

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Very flexible. It is an amazing opportunity in my opinion. Obviously there are downsides, but come on, work from home at 10-15 dollars an hour? Who can complain? Also love that I talk ton people from all over the country.

Cons

Don't like to sell club, magazine, and travel offers? Don't expect much call volume. These offers are ILLEGAL in a few states. Most states though they are legal and legit, but no caller likes them, and every caller that has fully understood the offer or has tried it before gets very upset when you try to sell it to them, even had a few cancelled orders because of this. Also lately call volume has been awful.

Advice to Management

Scrap the affinities. They give the industry an awful reputation. A sucker is NOT born every minute and the industry has an extremely bad reputation from that. I love the company to death and love the opportunity they offer but you should really consider what I am suggesting.

Oct 24, 2017 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review and advice. We agree that it is an amazing opportunity. Some agents love the sales calls that you mention, but for those who don't like sales we offer many other call types... More

"Part-time job"

I have been working at LiveOps part-time

Pros

I like the flexibility the job offers and being able to work from home when I want to.

Cons

I have never been able to get a hold of the on duty CSR while on a call so I have been trying to figure it out as best as I can with the resources I already have. Their post box email for communication, is just one-sided. They've had hours available but I've committed to different hours on different days and received absolutely no calls. Which equals no money! If agents are expected to honor a certain numbers of commits then Liveops responsibility should be to ensure that call volume is up and there is a strong steady call flow.

Advice to Management

Update java
    Treat agents like people not just a number. Provide a better way to communicate when agents have issues or concerns.

Oct 24, 2017 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review and feedback. We offer a variety of resources and opportunities for communication, including our popular Agent Roadshows where you can meet Liveops staff and other... More

"The worst company i have seen"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor

Pros

NONE at all. Dont waste your time

Cons

You have to pay 60 dollars for the background check. You barely make any income. They do not have a support line. You can email them numerous time and never get a response. They do not value their employees.

Advice to Management

Need to value your employees more. Need to answer emails in a timely manner. Need to be more professional.

Oct 24, 2017 – Online Marketing Specialist

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. It can take time to meet your income goals as an independent contractor. I encourage you to use the resources available through the... More

"Love working for Liveops"

Current Employee - FNOL in Show Low, AZ
    Current Employee - FNOL in Show Low, AZ

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the flexibility of working from home for an insurance carrier, taking auto claims. I enjoy the bonuses and pay, the scheduling of my hours when I want to work and how much I want to or how little I want. I like feeling like I'm helping people all from the comfort of home. Support staff employees are great and work hard to keep us busy and motivated. After working for three other WAH companies in the past, I can definitely say this one has been the best so far. I have been with Liveops for 19 months and hope to be for years to come.

Cons

No complaints, hope to have a chance to advance one day. Also, working fro home can make it hard to connect with coworjers but it is doable.

Advice to Management

The changes and the effort you put forward is greatly appreciated.

Oct 24, 2017 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We love hearing that Liveops is the best WAH company you have worked with and wish your business continued success.

"Anonymous Employee"

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Greg is back and is now CEO! The way it SHOULD have been from the beginning. LiveOps and most of the employees have survived the dark days of Keith and Sam.
    The pros of the company now:
    1. Culture around people
    2. Renewed energy
    3. Amazing coworkers
    4. Unlimited Future Potential!
    5. Flexible PTO

Cons

A bit understaffed but working towards correcting the issue. Employees may need to work longer hours and/or step into new roles for a bit to keep things moving but under the new leadership most will be happy to do it.

Advice to Management

Support and reward your employees and they will continue to work hard for LiveOps!