LiveOps Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Keith Leimbach

Pros
  • It is important to note that LiveOps has both employees (me) and self-employed agents that work from home (in 135 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, some lines have minimum time required to work but not all (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • You are paid for talk time, call volume varies (in 37 reviews)

• hard to stay motivated when talk time is low as you are paid by (in 30 reviews)

1. "customer rep"

I have been working at LiveOps (Less than a year)

Pros

work from home very convenient

Cons

not many seats lately so hard to make money

2. "Independent Contractor"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Set your own hours. Some sales lines you can just log in and calls come in. Great place to make some extra money or make a full time income.

Cons

You are paid for talk time, call volume varies.

3. "Poor Business Model"

Current Freelancer - Inbound Sales Agent in Essex, IA
    Current Freelancer - Inbound Sales Agent in Essex, IA

I have been working at LiveOps (Less than a year)

Pros

You can work from home.
    As someone who had no prior experience in sales or customer service, I felt they provided very adequate training.
    The pay isn't horrible, even if it is paid per minute spent talking rather than hourly--even if I'm only on the phone 30 minutes out of an hour-long shift, I make more than minimum wage in my state.

Cons

Their persistence in using an NPAPI plugin (Java) that is no longer supported by any popular browser means that you have to put some time into rigging your computer so that you can use their virtual call center. If you are not computer-savvy enough to do this for yourself, your only option is to hire a technician and pay out-of-pocket to have them modify your settings.
    While working from home and setting your own hours sounds ideal, you would be wise not to expect any flexibility in hours because there are rarely any shifts open. I have been consistently checking every ten minutes or so for a few hours and have only managed to snatch one opening over the next five days. They have entirely too many people for the shifts they offer... and they're always hiring.

Advice to Management

Find a better way to balance the number of active agents you have and commits you offer them.
    Upgrade your virtual call center program. Java is no longer supported by most browsers and the only proper way to get it to work is to use an old version of Java and an old version of Firefox (the latter of which will be discontinued in 2018). Java is insecure even when it's up-to-date, which is one of the many reasons it's no longer supported, so I can only imagine the flaws with this system that arise when you use old, less secure versions.

5. "A lot of potential"

Current Contractor - Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Contractor - Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, work-at-home, they do most of the work of invoicing, fun to work for

Cons

Often work is slow while being paid only for actual talk time, not time waiting for calls. There is constant negative criticism. 50 percent is totally unfounded. It is a dificult economy and job market. I don't like companies who blame the workers.

Advice to Management

Great people on staff. Enormous amount of potential. I can't quite recommend it because of the negative feedback, much of which is unfounded.

May 16, 2017 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you find the work fun and will pass your advice on to our Agent Engagement Team. They are always looking to continually improve our agents ... More

6. "Inbound sales and customer supprt rep"

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor
    Current Contractor - Independent Contractor

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you are looking for supplemental income, a retiree, stay at home mom or a person with a spouse with a "real job", it's okay.

As long as you don't mind working for people of questionable character or the fact that they take advantage of the "contractor status" to load the place up with agents they don't have to pay.

You work from home so you don't have the expenses that come from working outside the home such as fuel and clothing expenses.

Cons

No benefits and compensation isn't sufficient for most contractors to purchase their own.
    fluctuations in pay (some days no pay)
    limited work availability (The schedule is not flexible except to say you'll have to work morning noon and night) Almost impossible to make a regular schedule.

Contractors also called agents commit to work, and often an agent makes nothing while committed, yet the agent is penalized if they don't work what they have committed to.

Live Ops abuses the contractor model by hiring more agents than they can provide work for. Agents especially new agents will often sit for hours and not earn a dime, and LO is under no obligation to compensate those agents. Because of the potential for such abuses, some states do not allow people to contract from those states. California, Ney York Connecticut, Oregon Washington are some of the states that for various reason you cannot contract from.

Advice to Management

Ask yourself these questions,
    Would you do what you do if, you worked without pay, or benefits, had no idea of the hours you were going to work, no idea how much money you were going to earn and over the course of several years saw your income decline by 50%, and knew that your length of service and the effort you put in were not rewarded in any way? Would you like it if you were struggling to make ends meet while the executives flew around the country holding conventions? If the answer to any of these questions is no, then isn't it hypocritical to ask others to do this, and expect them to stay motivated?

7. "Independent Virtual Call Center Agent"

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor Call Center Agent in Remote, OR
    Current Contractor - Independent Contractor Call Center Agent in Remote, OR

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

*Very flexible scheduling
    *Some top level sales agents seem to do well as far a pay, but this does not seem to be the experience of the majority or my experience

Cons

*Paid by talk time, not paid while sitting waiting for calls (or even call wrap-up time for some lines), so pay can be unpredictable and often works out to less than minimum wage per hour

Advice to Management

pay a minimum base rate

May 16, 2017 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. As an independent contractor it can take a little time to build up to your financial goals. Many agents find it helpful to attend the optional conference calls or network ... More

8. "Don't waist your time."

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros. It's basically working for free.

Cons

NO help when you have a problem. There is NO one to contact. When you email support about an issue, it takes them 2-3 days, sometimes a week to get back to you. There is suppose to be a chat available for help while your working. It never works.
    On top of that, when it DOES work, and I ask someone a question- they give me attitude and tell me where to look it up.
    I THOUGHT the chat, was there to give you quick answers and support. The reason QUICK answers and support is needed while your working- is because your in the middle of a phone call. The chat - is a joke, absolutely useless.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to make a living. LiveOps employees work 30 minute "commits." We make our own schedule based on 30 minute increments. When the schedule rolls out every Wednesday, you - and 100's of other employees are racing trying to grab all the time slots available. ----The end result, each of us resulting in bare minimum. I have worked here for a year, and have no seen ANYTHING improve. I'm lucky if I can schedule myself more then 3 -5 hours a week. They say that more work is available if your stats are good ( work performance) yet mine is fantastic- and I'm still making about 50 bucks every two weeks.
    The craziest thing about LiveOps, is that although there are not enough time slots available for employees, they are CONSTANTLY hiring new contract workers and holding new training courses every couple months. It's crazy.
    Don't waist your time. Two pay checks from LiveOps, would not be enough to pay my internet bill.
    I'm done with this company.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees. Set up a better support system.
    Don't keep hiring and hiring when you can't even provide work for the employees you have.

"Cheesy Accounts, non-paid Training & Broke Computer System"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in America, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in America, IL

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They advertise you can work your own hours, but It's false. The red tape and rules makes you a slave to false hope.

Cons

Constant threats, outdated computer systems, waste of time. Management rarely helps. High turn over for a reason. Poor communication and emails. Unprofessional. No support.

Advice to Management

Like a broke down car, the computer system, Java Tubesock Error, always need fixing. I have a NEW computer, it's not my fault your system is a dinosaur! I ask for help and have days before someone replies. Then the answer don't always work when I do get a reply.

May 16, 2017 – Online Marketing Specialist

I am sorry to hear that the opportunity has not met your expectations. It can take patience to learn how to connect with and use different computer programs and platforms.

"Not worth it"

Current Employee - IBC in Grand Island, NE
    Current Employee - IBC in Grand Island, NE

Pros

Work your own schedule if...and ONLY IF.... You get the opportunity to.

Cons

Don't get paid for all that training. The call volumes are low because there are just too many agents competing for so few time slots / call blocks :(. It's like so little bitter spread over waaaaay too much bread. Average part time income is about $250 per month for the first 3 months. And about $300 thereafter. It really takes about 36-40 call hours / talk time to make about $70. :(. Also, You pay $70 for your own background check to be considered for contract. Constant system issues related to The Java software.

Advice to Management

Why do you keep adding more and more and more agents when there is so small call volume for inbound sales????

11. "Great"

I have been working at LiveOps part-time

Pros

Bonuses are great and fast hiring process

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.