LiveOps Reviews | Glassdoor

LiveOps Reviews

Updated February 26, 2017

Current Employees

Pros
  • It is important to note that LiveOps has both employees (me) and self-employed agents that work from home (in 129 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, some lines have minimum time required to work but not all (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • There can be unpredictable call volume at times (in 35 reviews)

• hard to stay motivated when talk time is low as you are paid by (in 25 reviews)

1. "Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

The people who work here really care and it is contagious! Mid-sized company that thinks big and encourages it employees to be meaningful contributors.

Cons

Fast growth means very busy and aggressive schedules but you still see the value of work-life balance being communicated. Better than most companies.

Advice to Management

Keep the modern culture alive!

2. "LiveOps is a really great company to work with"

Current Contractor - Call Center Agent in Ocala, FL
    Current Contractor - Call Center Agent in Ocala, FL

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with LiveOps for over a year now, and they are super easy to work with--a user friendly system, good communication , flexible hours.

Cons

I wish we could be employees and not contractors

Advice to Management

think about making us employees instead of contractors! other than that---you guys are great!

"environment"

Current Employee - IBO in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IBO in Atlanta, GA

Pros

360 awesome
     amazing place to work
    totally legitimate

Cons

none
    its really what you make it

Advice to Management

keep up the good job

"no hours, poor communication"

Current Contractor - Remote Customer Service Representative Payroll Support
    Current Contractor - Remote Customer Service Representative Payroll Support

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Certification is easy to navigate and pass and can be done in your own time with multiple chances to pass tests.

Cons

Paid $65.00 for background & credit check for and the competition to schedule "commits" (hours) is fierce! I completed certification weeks ago for the payroll support program and we are required to take 30 nesting calls by Jan 31, 2017 in order to continue working with the program and I have yet to schedule even a 30 minute block to work! I check the schedule everyday multiple times and nothing. Rollout is on Thursday at 9am, I am there at 8:30am waiting and still do not get a chance to schedule anything yet. I have been reading on the forums onsite that the call volume has been really low and others are not getting hours either. I have written the leads about this and asked to apply for a different program (they want you to work for 60 days first) so that I can make use of the money I shelled out for the bgc and credit check and have never gotten a response. I get emails daily on program updates but I have not gotten my issue replied to.

Advice to Management

Allow contractors to apply for other programs in less than 60 days when the one they're on is not allowing them to get any commits and work. People are willing to pay the money for the background & credit check ( I was happy to) but not when you are not working at all to get a return. Write the contractors back , why have post box and offer to be there and answer q's?

6. "Job OK"

Pros

Flexibility in hours which is great when I need to balance my work and home life. Separation of SAAS is helping with company direction.

Cons

No growth opportunity. No salary increases. Slowly taking away more and more of the few perks the company offered - no longer take dog to office, no longer have accrued PTO and can no longer work from home.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Remote, OR

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy training
    Calm enjoyable job
    Pays very well
    Freedom from a time clock

Cons

To me there are none
    I love the job!
    I find this to be the best job I have ever had.
    I wish I had come aboard much sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring

8. "Training and graudation, inbound sales and upsells, affinity programs..."

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

*Flexibility
    *Easy-to-use web interface
    *self-paced courses

As a Liveops agent, you are able to schedule in blocks of 30 minutes. You can work as much or as little as you want, as long as you have taken calls in the past 60 days. After 60 days, your account will be deactivated due to inactivity. The website is easy to use. As for training, the courses are self-paced, but they must be completed within a certain time frame (mine was two weeks.) I had two weeks to complete the self-paced courses, which took about 8 hours in all, and to set up my phone line and take a minimum of 15 calls. Pay is pretty good, but it's hard to get the hours you need to make good pay. When on the schedule, I didn't have a lot of down time.

Cons

*training is not effective enough
    *systems need updates
    *Schedule is prioritized based on agent
    *Too many CE's for simple things

I feel that the training that is provided is not as effective as it should be. It is information overload. Some of the information given in the training courses is information that you don't have to have in order to be a good agent and effectively do your job. Some of the test questions asked are just really specific questions that don't pertain to the functions of the job or agent responsibility. There isn't enough technical advice given prior to employment. On the screen that tells you what you need in order to do your job. Agents should be trained better. They offer no training support. If you mess up, you get a write up instead of a manager to tell you how you can work on that particular mistake and coaching you through the training. For example: My Schedule would not work for me and Chat would not work for me. After hours of research on Google and on the forums provided, I finally found out that the system requires special browser settings, compatibility mode, and java in order for most of the required systems to work. When I was in training, I had plenty of open schedule blocks, but now there are none now that I graduated from training. To get a block, you have to watch the schedule around the clock, and even then I don't know that it would work. I think that the schedule is prioritized based on which agents have been there longest and who does the best and etc. Call volumes are based on that, so I would guarantee that the schedule availability is too.

Advice to Management

Make scheduling more available to agents. Don't give all the green blocks to the "favorite" agents. I think you guys could offer more person to person support during training. When a new trainee makes mistakes, don't write them up on the spot, coach them, tell them what they can do better. That's how you get good agents, you train and condition them. Please consider updating your systems to work with Adobe or Chrome, Java is a unsecure application and we have to make our computers vulnerable to attacks just to make it compatible with Chat, My Schedule, Phone Panel, and all of your other browser applications and platforms.

"slow call volume....Its a waste of time....Commits mean nothing when there is no call volume"

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

work from home, work your own schedule

Cons

need benefits, hourly wage, better compensation, more communication with agents, the CSR's basically run the show.....never give satisfactory answers just refer you to the FAQ's. no real management. At times i cant even access the chat room due to Java issues...I have to have 2-3 browsers up at a time....and it uses a landline phone, now who still does that, not too many people has home phones....they need to update and live in the now..

Advice to Management

communicate, improve your website, too many problems with not able to access chat. I

Feb 23, 2017 – Online Marketing Specialist

We're sorry to hear that this opportunity to build your own business as an independent contractor did not meet your expectations.

10. "Independent Contractor"

Current Contractor - Independent Agent in Columbia, SC
    Current Contractor - Independent Agent in Columbia, SC

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Scheduling flexibility, multitude of positions, free training and numerous resources available to help you be successful.

Cons

There can be unpredictable call volume at times. Schedule rollouts can prove to be quite hectic at times, with a limited number of seats available depending on lines.

Advice to Management

Please allow more opportunities for upward growth and not just laterally. Although training is provided, it would be more beneficial if it allowed more hands on training prior to going "live". Also, consider pay raises with seniority and loyalty.

Dec 15, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the positive review and your advice to management. I will pass it along to our agent engagement team.

"Independent Agent"

Current Contractor - Independent Agent
    Current Contractor - Independent Agent

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I have read a lot of reviews about LiveOps and almost skipped them because they seemed so bad on paper. Well, based on my experiences, I feel that I can now give a true review. I have been with LiveOps for 9 months. No company is perfect so I will not make it seem like everything is turning up roses, but I think although LiveOps isn't an "employer" or doesn't pay per hour, it is not true that you can't make a descent living. There is no "making it rain" income, but you can make well over $1,000 every 2 weeks. My first check was about $200 and I was like, let me see if it gets better. All checks since that one averages $1,300. That can pay rent and get food. LiveOps will not be for you if you are not entrepreneurial. With that being said, you are not entirely your business owner. They call is a partnership, but let us be real, they own more shares than we do. I signed on to the sales line. Never sold anything in my life, but I figured I could and should try it. I have had a few compliance events, but compared to the calls that I take in volume, it is less that a percent. No, I do not work horrible hours. I work regular hours. LiveOps isn't permanent for me but it does pay. Back to the sales line. I dislike it. Very much, because it isn't something that I feel that I am cut out for. Daily when I have to get on, I have butterflies in my stomach. I am not an excellent scales person, but I do what is required and LiveOps will and do recognize your hard work. You will get other opportunities to move into other areas and get paid more. Please stay out of the chat rooms. I can tell you from experience, I see people in there complaining about the company and saying they are not getting calls, but I stay busy. You are not there to meet friends. Ask product questions, but I wouldn't suggest that you get involved in the general chat room. Liveops is a business. Your "big" brother. They may pretend that they aren't aware, but I am confident that they are. Suggesting to the callers isn't the bad part. Affinities are a pain, but simply explain them. Don't shove them down the callers throat and be respectful. Don't be swayed by all of the bad comments. They aren't a horrible company. Everyone needs improvement so they don't get five stars, but they are good.

Cons

It is so impersonal. This gets under my skin so much. Every email (post box) that they send will say, Independent Agents or Independent Agent. You don't know if it is directed to you personally or to everyone on a blinded email. I like the CS agents that do their best to help out, but there is one person who answers every. single. question with, " you can only offer what is in the script." A few times, I have had to remain "professional" because he does nothing extra. I can tell that he is one of those people who always answers, "I just work here." Although LiveOps gives the opportunity to go to other dedicated lines, those lines may not have the call volume that you are used to in sales and may end up wasting your time, but it is always good to give it a try and see. There used to be a 72 hour post box response time. It is up to around 6 days now. That is unacceptable. There aren't much cons. I don't have to be chummy with anyone and I like that very much, but I would very much like to be assigned to a mentor of sorts. You are thrown in, possibly head first and you better figure out if you are the fish or the bait... and you better do it quickly

Advice to Management

I realize that you are not an employer to you IAs, but it would be great if after you see that someone is dedicating to "partnering" with you and doing great that you offer some more perks. For example, the agent appreciation week was totally geared towards certain people. If you had social media and I believe one of the prizes was a lunch bag. If you are working from home, why would you need a lunch bag? Additionally, although insurance is available in the market place, you all are well aware that because it isn't considered "group" insurance it isn't cheap. Why not allow agents who have passed 6 months to a year and doing well across the board an opportunity to buy into your group insurance plans? Certainly that will bring your rates down as well. I don't want an hourly rate because I like that I can pick my own hours, but I think you all should look into making the partnership a bit more equitable for all parties involved. Thank you all for the opportunities thus far. I really do hope that this review is taken into consideration.

Dec 15, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. I will forward your advice to our agent engagement team, who are working to improve the agent experience and ensure that agents feel valued.