LiveOps Reviews | Glassdoor

LiveOps Reviews

Updated October 18, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home 24 hours a day 7 days a week (in 150 reviews)

• Great solution for work at home opportunity because of the flexible schedule (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes there wasn't call volume was low (in 44 reviews)

• You are paid for talk time, call volume varies (in 33 reviews)

"A great company going through some necessary changes"

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Liveops is going through changes. Most of them are great! Some are challenging.
     Revenue has been flat the last three years ; what would you do if you were in charge? Accountability is being added all over the company and people are being asked to get on board with a new direction. In related news - this year's revenue is taking off. More new business the first half of the year than all the past 2 years combined.

Pivoting a mature business into a new direction will naturally create friction. Most of the C-level team is new. Our CEO has been very clear about this new direction. Some folks prefer to opt out rather than get on board. Those who don't like it are the ones who chose to do neither.

I understand the frustration of some of the legacy folks. Working somewhere for a long time and going from not being super accountable to being held accountable is probably difficult. I appreciate our exec team being crystal clear about the new direction rather than BS'ing people.

Some really smart, new people have joined the company and are brining a much needed new perspective. I'm pretty excited about it. Not everyone who's been here awhile is happy about that. It happens.

Cons

-Employees are scattered - most in Scottsdale, a handful in Ohio, a new office in Portland, and otherwise remote - which can be challenging
    -HR team could refocus their on-boarding beyond the Scottsdale office and it can be hard to get a straight answer sometimes on benefits or other questions
    -Some of the company's processes are antiquated and outdated; a major initiative is in progress internally to improve this
    -401k matching could be better

Advice to Management

Take greater effort in getting the various offices and locations to communicate better, and improve some of the internal processes. Leverage and bring forward to the rest of the company some of these new employees that i've been pretty impressed by - they might help provide context for some of the changes.

"The worst company i have seen"

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor

Pros

NONE at all. Dont waste your time

Cons

You have to pay 60 dollars for the background check. You barely make any income. They do not have a support line. You can email them numerous time and never get a response. They do not value their employees.

Advice to Management

Need to value your employees more. Need to answer emails in a timely manner. Need to be more professional.

"Great work at home job"

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay for working from home is great

Cons

I really don't have any cons about liveops

4. "Agent"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

As an independent contractor for LO I could not ask for more! Working for LO allows me the flexibility I need to be there for my family while still earning a gainful income. I love being able to choose my own hours! I have been with the company for almost 2 years and plan to stick around. Great work/life balance.

Cons

None. I love LO and what they stand for. Those that give negative reviews need to learn the difference between employee and independent contractor.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work-I have seen many improvements in the last year, keep it up!

"Agent"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part of Liveops is the flexibility. You make your own schedule. Work from home.

Cons

What good is making your own schedule if you can't get a schedule? Or you do but sit & sit with few to no calls. Sitting for free I might add.
    Hard to get answers about anything.
    No benefits. No pay for training, even ongoing.
    You can't pick up the phone & call if you need something.
    Issues which they'll always blame on your phone or your computer but when everybody you work with is getting them, you know it has to be a company problem.
    Company will never apologize for anything. It's always right.
    Crazy scripts, many errors. Long too, feel like a used car salesman.
    For whatever reason a caller can't order, no matter what it is, it's your fault.
    You're just a #.

Advice to Management

Stop the revolving door. Value the people you have. Show a little understanding & compassion. Follow it up by showing us the money honey. Don't hold everything against the agent.

"Change in a good direction"

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's a new and improved marketing strategy, strong sales leaders, and a heavier focus on people. Additionally, we are putting the right people in key leadership roles which is going to drive LiveOps to new and greater heights.

Cons

Change is hard! But it's typically for the best. This Con is really a Pro depending on the lens you are looking through. Embrace change!

Advice to Management

Your agenda is good for the business. Which is good for the employees and clients..

7. "Love LiveOps"

I have been working at LiveOps (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule flexibility and time freedom when you need it.

Cons

Low call volume at times.

8. "phone sales/customer service agent"

Current Contractor - Remote Sales Agent in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Contractor - Remote Sales Agent in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

You can choose your own hours, work as much or as little as you like.

Cons

You must be fast to click for time scheduling, there are so many agents.

LiveOps Response

Aug 10, 2017 – VP Talent

Thank you for sharing your experience! Our mission is to help people work around their lives, and part of that is giving agents a wide variety of opportunities they can choose to fit their individual... More

"Roadside Assistance"

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great solution for work at home opportunity because of the flexible schedule.

Cons

You may only make $5.00 per hour because of the call volume.

LiveOps Response

Aug 1, 2017 – VP Talent

Thank you for your feedback. We’re always working to bring in more opportunities for our Liveops Nation agents, to help you make the most of your commits and help you make more money. We also suggest... More

10. "Flexible company with many benefits"

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor

Pros

Independent scheduling with potential earnings unlimited

Cons

Can be highly variable on minimum income

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well and they will excel in more than one way