LiveOps Reviews | Glassdoor

LiveOps Reviews

Updated May 3, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • It is important to note that LiveOps has both employees (me) and self-employed agents that work from home (in 134 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, some lines have minimum time required to work but not all (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • There can be unpredictable call volume at times (in 36 reviews)

• hard to stay motivated when talk time is low as you are paid by (in 29 reviews)

"Liveops Experience"

Former Employee - NOC Engineer in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - NOC Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at LiveOps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hacker driven company. Really appriciated everyones input on issues

Cons

The company has since started away with home grown apps and moved to 3rd party.

2. "Good place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at LiveOps for 3 years. Nice office, free food, friendly atmosphere. Open collaborative work environment. SIP lounge to hang out in - have a beer. Nice culture. Executives walk around and talk to people. Clear strategy - to build the SaaS cloud platform. Growing internationally.

Cons

A lot of growth and more complex projects. Just acquired another company, adding to complexity. Not enough time.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide open communication and fun, open environment. Expand SaaS platform.

3. "LiveOps is a great company to work for."

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

LiveOps is the leader in work/life balance. They want their employees to love their work and yet still have a life and time with family. Some employees work 100% from home because LiveOps trusts their staff to get the job done regardless of where they work.

Cons

Amongst tech companies, LiveOps isn't near the top of the pay scale. It would be great if they could put more resources into their employees and keep employee morale up. We recently had a change of leadership and I am hopeful that he will invest in his current employees realizing the long term value they represent.

Advice to Management

It would be great if LiveOps would create some solid retention policies, and created a clear path for growth. Promote/Hire from within when possible. This will keep morale up.

5. "Making the Distributed Workforce Model Work"

Current Employee - Agent Business in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Agent Business in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

LiveOps a unique firm that is both a technology and a service provider. It is at the forefront of providing a truly integrated multi-channel contact-center solution.
    The culture is fun and flexible as seen at several Silicon valley companies. A good number of positions allow employees to work from home a few days a week.
    On the service side, LiveOps offers individuals the ability to have a business providing services out of their home.

Cons

Considering the potential and the diversified stable growth the company has achieved it is difficult to pinpoint any cons.
    If anything, the problem is structural. As in management has not been able to lead various departments to work together in truly synergistic ways. This may be partly due to the individuals in those department as well as due to goals/expectations.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. Operate on full disclosure and transparency while being accountable and holding others equally accountable.
    Lead and find ways to encourage synergy and transparency between departments.
    Balance fun to work culture, cost controls, strategic focus and business investment.

6. "Amazing Environment with truly devoted Employees striving for Excellence"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People, Company leaders, Innovation, Brain Storming, Work Schedule, Benefits and Pay.

Cons

Demanding Clients, all else is a Pro

7. "Company with a mission"

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LiveOps has been a great company to work for as LiveOps has a mission, knows who they are, and what the company is there to do. Work/life balance has been great as well. It's an exciting time at LiveOps as the Agent side of the business has huge upside as customers bring support back on shore and focus on providing the best quality customer support experience. And the Cloud (technology) side of the business has huge upside given the growth of cloud application companies in general and the robustness of the product. LiveOps also just got a round of funding, made an acquisition and has a new CEO who's really re-energized things.

Cons

I'd say there are a few challenges, as there are anywhere. I think, like any company looking to pivot from a small to a larger player, there are some lines of communications that could be aligned a little more closely. But the company is aware of this and working to fix that.

Advice to Management

Focus on the priorities. Listen to your employees. Keep it simple. Higher only the best talent.

8. "Very fortunate to work here."

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The technology is a leader in the space. We frequently release new features and enhancements. I'm surrounded by intelligent co-workers, who work in a collaborative environment. Company has a global footprint, along with good benefits and work-life balance.

Cons

Training program could be improved.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. "The Times They Are A Changin'...At LiveOps"

Current Employee - Global Director of Sales Engineering in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Global Director of Sales Engineering in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is very innovative and always pushing the technology envelope when it comes to new features and functionality. They have the most innovative multi-channel agent interface on the market with LiveOps Engage. The entire company is rejuvenated with the companies new direction which is led by the LiveOps Executive Staff.

Cons

The LiveOps solution is not being considered in every Contact Center opportunity that is out there. This isn't so much of a con as it is a huge opportunity for LiveOps Team. It is LiveOps time to accelerate and become THE market leader in not only the Cloud Contact Center market but the overall Contact Center market.

Advice to Management

Keep the pedal to the metal and continue to invest in Engineering, Support, Marketing & Sales. The time is now and the time is prime for LiveOps!

10. "It's great working for a well-run company with talented staff!"

Current Employee - Online Marketing Specialist
    Current Employee - Online Marketing Specialist

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company does a great job of communicating with staff and does a lot to share and celebrate staff and team accomplishments, as well as letting everyone know what our goals are and how we all contribute to them. I find it very inspiring to see how talented my colleagues are, and to know that I am surrounded by such hard-working individuals. I can honestly say that I feel like I am a part of a great company that cares about its employees and empowers us to do great things.

On a more personal note, I also appreciate that LiveOps is very supportive of staff who work remotely. I rarely have technical issues and I always feel included whether I'm working with my own team or video-conferencing into an all staff meeting. I highly recommend this company to anyone who needs to work from home. I never feel forgotten or like I'm at a disadvantage by being out of the office.

Cons

I have no complaints. I will say that the company has aggressive goals and moves fast. It would not be a good fit for slackers. You really need to bring your "A" game.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on a positive employee culture. Feeling like I am part of a larger, hard-working team really inspires me to do my best every day.

11. "Great culture driven by a top notch leadership team"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to be creative and be accountable without having to deal with "red tape". Lots of room for advancement at LiveOps.

Cons

Working remotely sometimes it's hard to stay on top of the latest company info, and to keep up with the day to day happenings at HQ.

Advice to Management

Love the energy from Vasili, and how it trickles down to everyone within the organization. Great communication from Senior Management on a weekly basis, which truly keeps everyone focused on the same objectives.