LiveOps Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes there wasn't call volume was low (in 41 reviews)

• You are paid for talk time, call volume varies (in 33 reviews)

1. "Customer service representative"

Pros

They are a really good company it's a really good work at home Job.

Cons

My only complaint is its hard to get work, the schedule rolls out on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but even if you are logged on and ready to commit. All commits are gone

Advice to Management

Have more commit roll outs. Because there is people who really would like to give there all to the job but cant.

2. "customer rep"

I have been working at LiveOps (Less than a year)

Pros

work from home very convenient

Cons

not many seats lately so hard to make money

"Live Ops Review"

Former Employee - Independent Agent in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Independent Agent in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at LiveOps part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours & Having the convenience of working from home

Cons

The likelihood of having to push sales for programs that you are 100% in support of.

May 16, 2017 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. The flexibility and convenience of working from home is hard to beat. While many people enjoy our sales lines, we do have a variety of other opportunities that do not... More

4. "Great"

I have been working at LiveOps part-time

Pros

Bonuses are great and fast hiring process

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

5. "Average"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexible, the harder you work the more money you can make

Cons

no room for advancement semi monthly checks

Advice to Management

allow people more than one chance with a client

May 16, 2017 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience. One of the great things about LiveOps is that the more you put into your business, the more you can get out of it.

"Liveops Not What It Used To Be"

Former Employee - Retirement Education Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Retirement Education Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at LiveOps part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I started working for Liveops in 2007. They where new in the game. President even came to Pittsburgh to meet us agents in Cranberry (I think). They may have started with 9000 agents in the country to 20,000 agents. They became less personable and when I would log on I would sit there for an hour before I got one call. So there I sat, waiting and waiting and killing time reading other agents conversation about the weather, recipes and other BS. Are you kidding me?

Cons

I used to make a lot of money taking Pizza Hut calls. Then Pizza Hut got real strict about upsale, "offer a drink, dessert" etc. That was before Wings were available all over the country. Offering magazines and gift cards were easy until customers found out they never received the gift cards.

Advice to Management

Go back to being honest and fair. We pay $50 for background check and we get very little in return.

"Cheesy Accounts, non-paid Training & Broke Computer System"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in America, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in America, IL

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They advertise you can work your own hours, but It's false. The red tape and rules makes you a slave to false hope.

Cons

Constant threats, outdated computer systems, waste of time. Management rarely helps. High turn over for a reason. Poor communication and emails. Unprofessional. No support.

Advice to Management

Like a broke down car, the computer system, Java Tubesock Error, always need fixing. I have a NEW computer, it's not my fault your system is a dinosaur! I ask for help and have days before someone replies. Then the answer don't always work when I do get a reply.

May 16, 2017 – Online Marketing Specialist

I am sorry to hear that the opportunity has not met your expectations. It can take patience to learn how to connect with and use different computer programs and platforms.

"Don't waist your time."

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros. It's basically working for free.

Cons

NO help when you have a problem. There is NO one to contact. When you email support about an issue, it takes them 2-3 days, sometimes a week to get back to you. There is suppose to be a chat available for help while your working. It never works.
    On top of that, when it DOES work, and I ask someone a question- they give me attitude and tell me where to look it up.
    I THOUGHT the chat, was there to give you quick answers and support. The reason QUICK answers and support is needed while your working- is because your in the middle of a phone call. The chat - is a joke, absolutely useless.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to make a living. LiveOps employees work 30 minute "commits." We make our own schedule based on 30 minute increments. When the schedule rolls out every Wednesday, you - and 100's of other employees are racing trying to grab all the time slots available. ----The end result, each of us resulting in bare minimum. I have worked here for a year, and have no seen ANYTHING improve. I'm lucky if I can schedule myself more then 3 -5 hours a week. They say that more work is available if your stats are good ( work performance) yet mine is fantastic- and I'm still making about 50 bucks every two weeks.
    The craziest thing about LiveOps, is that although there are not enough time slots available for employees, they are CONSTANTLY hiring new contract workers and holding new training courses every couple months. It's crazy.
    Don't waist your time. Two pay checks from LiveOps, would not be enough to pay my internet bill.
    I'm done with this company.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees. Set up a better support system.
    Don't keep hiring and hiring when you can't even provide work for the employees you have.

"Not worth it"

Current Employee - IBC in Grand Island, NE
    Current Employee - IBC in Grand Island, NE

Pros

Work your own schedule if...and ONLY IF.... You get the opportunity to.

Cons

Don't get paid for all that training. The call volumes are low because there are just too many agents competing for so few time slots / call blocks :(. It's like so little bitter spread over waaaaay too much bread. Average part time income is about $250 per month for the first 3 months. And about $300 thereafter. It really takes about 36-40 call hours / talk time to make about $70. :(. Also, You pay $70 for your own background check to be considered for contract. Constant system issues related to The Java software.

Advice to Management

Why do you keep adding more and more and more agents when there is so small call volume for inbound sales????

"Unfair and Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Inbound Sales in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at LiveOps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work at home on your own

Cons

No help with setup, nor tech...If there is an issue l, u never know about it til the day they terminate you. They don't mediate the situation while reviewing, they create their own reading and let u go. I handled a bunch of rude callers and got cursed out, but they make it look like it's your fault that the customer is upset. Everyone deserves respect and noone should talked to liked trash. I sent emails trying to explain and they never responded.

Advice to Management

Listen, and allow the agents to talk and at least tell their side...Then determine the outcome.