LiveOps Reviews | Glassdoor

LiveOps Reviews

Updated February 22, 2017

Current Employees

Pros
  • It is important to note that LiveOps has both employees (me) and self-employed agents that work from home (in 128 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, some lines have minimum time required to work but not all (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • There can be unpredictable call volume at times (in 35 reviews)

• hard to stay motivated when talk time is low as you are paid by (in 23 reviews)

"Smart, dedicated management and team"

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for LiveOps for over 5 years in a senior position a part-time capacity, by my choice. LiveOps provides flexibility for agents and also their own employees.

The management respects the talents of their employees and their individual needs.
    They expect smart, dedicated employees. The team I work goes beyond the required every week to meet clients needs.

A management realignment has re-dedicated LiveOps Agent Services to supporting, training and growing the agent business.

Cons

We are still coming out from under old management who had prioritized other business components over agent services.

Advice to Management

2016 - Current Management has "grown up" in the call center industry. They are dedicated to agent services and supporting agent growth. Keep it up!

"LiveOps At Home Agent"

Current Contractor - Order Taker in Sumter, SC
    Current Contractor - Order Taker in Sumter, SC

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Work when you want to.

Cons

You can sit for hours with no calls, and you only get paid per talked minutes....

Advice to Management

Please offer better training and more consistent pay

Jun 20, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your comments. I encourage you to check out the LiveOps Agent Dashboard. We have a wealth of information that complements what you learned during onboarding and certification.

3. "Customer Service"

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor

Pros

Work when you want. Set your own schedule. Work from home

Cons

call volume could be a little higher.

Jun 20, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

"Great WAH Opportunity"

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Saint Charles, MO
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Saint Charles, MO

Pros

LiveOps is a reputable virtual WAH opportunity for those looking for flexibility, work/life balance, and pay that has the potential to greatly surpass minimum wage. The training program is comprehensive and while there is a learning curve; the basics are covered in depth which allows your business to start off on the right foot. As many other reviewers have commented, you get out what you put in. If you are dedicated, willing to learn and make adjustments, the earning potential is greatly enhanced. There is a real sense of personal accountability which drives an agent to excel. LiveOps is a great source of supplemental income and many agents have found success with the company as a primary income generator.

Cons

Call volume can vary; which, at times, can prove to be discouraging. However, this is highly dependent on various factors that can, in part, be controlled by agent performance. Agents who are uncomfortable with up sells, affinities,etc. may find they are better suited to customer service oriented lines.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

May 25, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our independent contractor model does give agents a lot of control over and responsibility for their own success and income potential. We give agents ... More

"Great company"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, some lines have minimum time required to work but not all.

Cons

You don't work you don't get paid.

May 25, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

Congratulations on more than 5 years with LiveOps! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

7. "Great company, interesting projects"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Current Contractor - Customer Service Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor

Pros

By far, the best thing is the ability to set and change your schedule as you choose. I love the flexibility, and the project I am currently working is wonderful! Can't say enough good things about LiveOps!

Cons

Sometimes the call volume is low and with the medium-high commit requirement (depending on your project) it is difficult to just sit there and wait for the phone to ring. Good news though: at least on my project, management has decided to waive the commit requirement for months with low call volume and let us know a month ahead! Awesome! And did I mention I LOVE my project?!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing: listening to your agents and helping us help you!

May 25, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the great review. We're always happy to hear from agents who have found an opportunity with LiveOps that they love.

"Direct Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Direct Sales in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Direct Sales in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home and setting my own hours is absolutely AWESOME!

Cons

Getting answers to specific questions takes too long.

Advice to Management

Bring back the opportunity to speak one on one with a CSR.

May 4, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. Setting your own hours is "awesome." I will pass your comments on to our Agent Engagement Team. They are dedicated to making LiveOps the premier work-from-home partner. I ... More

"LiveOps is the place to be"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor

Pros

Flexibility
    Make your own Schedule
    Training
    Business opportunities

Cons

Low Call Volume
    Leadership
    Stuck in the same line
    Can't get calls

10. "Premier Virtual Call Center"

Current Freelancer - Independent Licensed Insurance Agent Carol T in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at LiveOps (More than 5 years)

Pros

I made a midlife career change nine years ago and switched from a brick and mortar call center to a virtual call center environment. I had the opportunity to work with three other virtual call centers during that time and decided that Liveops was the best fit for my business. I chose Liveops because they are the premier virtual call center. I am my own boss and business owner which gives me free rein and choice of projects. The changeable scheduling permits me to work around other responsibilities. I love working from the coziness of my home office. Also, the more I work, the more money I make. It is my goal every week optimize my schedule to coincide with the busy times.
    Liveops has many opportunities including but not limited to inbound sales, insurance sales, healthcare customer service and insurance claims. I recommend selecting more than one program as you grow your business. Like most business there are busy and slow times. I found that I need to plan for the highs and lows with more than one opportunity. Remember, it takes time and effort to grow a business and learn what works to increase and maintain income. When you work with Liveops put on your entrepreneur hat and remember you are no longer an employee. The good news is that you do get staff support and the business model for free. Liveops provides the opportunities and support you need to be successful. Also, this past year Liveops offered a Caribbean Cruise to ten agents for their hard work and dedication. I was awarded the trip with nine other Liveops independent agents. The trip was a five-star experience! What a great incentive to award their independent agents. Cheers to Liveops!

Cons

There are none. Liveops provides me with all the tools and I am responsible for the success of my business.

Advice to Management

Keep up the phenomenal work!

May 4, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and congratulations on earning the cruise incentive. We are always happy to hear from people who find that LiveOps is a great fit for them.

"Read the fine print..."

Current Employee - Insurance Claims in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Claims in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Working from home is only one.

Cons

Signed up to make a few extra bucks part time. Poor communication from company, poor training platform, unrealistic expectations from client given how little they pay. Lots of time investment with no compensation. They make the opportunity out to be "business opportunity", but you are nothing but a 1099 contractor. You pay for your own background check, phone line, etc. - -- i.e., your are "investing" in your business. There is little opportunity to make more than .25 cents a minute. I could go on and on...

Advice to Management

Actually talk to potential employees and have your own call center for employees. Fix all the buggy software. Focus on retaining quality, not quantity and your won't have a revolving door. I think if vendors actually saw how bad things were they would bolt. I would never buy any products or services from the companies that would outsource to the company.

May 25, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

I'm sorry to hear that this was not a good fit for you. We do provide a great deal of information on our website, www.join.liveops.com, to help people decide whether or not being an independent ... More