LiveOps 322 Reviews | Glassdoor

LiveOps Reviews

Updated February 7, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • It is important to note that LiveOps has both employees (me) and self-employed agents that work from home (in 128 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, some lines have minimum time required to work but not all (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • There can be unpredictable call volume at times (in 35 reviews)

• hard to stay motivated when talk time is low as you are paid by (in 22 reviews)

"Don't Waste Your Time"

Current Employee - Independent Agent
    Current Employee - Independent Agent

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home, making your own schedule is the enticing part they get you with....

Cons

The company is losing clients to other call centers. Meaning less hours for you and everyone else. The schedule rolls out due to seniority, so as the newbie you'll be lucky to get any hours, and even if you do get hours, you may sit there and get no calls coming to you, meaning no paycheck. The pay is $0.20-0.30 per talk time.
    The certifications and training is a joke. and a waste of your time..literally.

Advice to Management

Treat your agents like people not numbers. Don't use scare tactics towards agents.

"LiveOps will lie to you and take advantage of you."

Current Employee - Software Applications Engineer II in Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Software Applications Engineer II in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free snacks in the office kitchen.
    Free booze in the office break room.
    Work from home 15 - 25% of the week.
    Relaxed dress code.
    Good Dental.

Cons

Very expensive medical plan.
    Lie about benefits to get you hired - especially stock options and tuition reimbursement.
    Inexperienced and unprofessional first-line managers.
    Cocky out-to-lunch jet-set executives.
    Business set to fail, verge of bankruptcy, cannot get any more investment funding.
    Management decisions made based on personal friendships and immaturity
    Out of date work software, incompetent IT support
    Little to no communication between the people who agree to projects and the people who do the work
    Few qualified and competent employees, including management.
    Expect you to work 65 hours a week on a 40-hour based salary.
    Cheap old office with fake cardboard walls. It is noisy to the point where everyone wears headphones just so they can get work done.
    Business model is to take advantage of stay-home adults like single parents and care providers. Hire them as "independent contractors" to avoid all responsibility and avoid paying a living wage.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to people about their benefits just to get them onboard. Don't ignore employees when they ask legitimate questions. Have integrity and be up front with people, it's better than lying to them or ignoring them. Don't have half an office work from home four days a week and then expect other people to come in every day. Don't ignore workplace issues, like not having anybody identified to answer the door or deal with visitors. Don't put people in management positions simply because they've been with the company 8 years. Make sure they have leadership skills and are mature enough for that responsibility. Don't have every supervisor or above say high to everyone in the office, or if they do at least make sure they are respectful about it. I had about 20 people interrupt my work to tell me their name. Not what they do at the company, or if we are going to be working together... just their name. This serves no purpose and feels kind of demeaning. In other words... "HI my name is MANAGER, just stopped by to tell you that I am a MANAGER. Have a nice day, goodbye." Speaking of the managers, it is also very obnoxious to have them leave their doors open during meetings and conference calls. It is very annoying to people that are trying to get work done. They don't want to hear you and your issues. Close the door!

"It's garbage"

Current Employee - LiveOps Contractor in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - LiveOps Contractor in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

Flexibility to work from home

Cons

- Applied for "Inbound Sales".... no such thing in reality. You are a glorified customer service rep being paid per minute of talk time. You don't make any commission on upsells only on 'affinity partnerships": magazine sales, transfers to 'travel agents' for 'free' trips, identity theft systems, shopping clubs... all of the '"programs"' where you 'try for free 30 days and can even cancel and not be charged' type of deals.

- support by the LiveOps staff is very poor. All of your support will come from the other agents via a forum system or a chat room. The chat room is rather hit or miss. You do not even have an e-mail system to directly contact specific people within the company! You have an "InBox" which they can send info to you and you can only send messages to specific teams.

- horrendous scheduling model - 5 times a week (3 on Thursday and 2 on Friday) you can enter into a scheduling application to click on a time block (30 min blocks) to guarantee the hours you will get.... oh but wait 20,000 other agents will be doing EXACTLY the same thing at the very second the schedule goes live. Within 1-2 minutes the ENTIRE schedule is full. Try to get a schedule with that.... good luck. Waste of time. So, while Work At Home type jobs state they can provide good work/life balance... if you have to take calls in the middle of the night one day and then morning the next... not much balance.

- Training: you start with 7 "As Seen on TV" type companies like what you would see on late night infomercials. Once you finish a preliminary number of calls which takes under a day or two to see if you do well, you are put into the massive pot of everything and everyone.... you will get calls for products they don't even have scripts to learn before hand.... and there are 100's of products from all sorts of companies..... including a referral to a psychic line! How fun! :-(

- Management keeps a list of all products / scripts / TV ads for you to watch... there are 100's of them and you have no idea what you are going to get on the phone at any given time.

Do a search on the history of LiveOps.... you will see how the wonderous LiveOps opportunity has fallen in each iteration and that even top brass don't hang around much these days.

Advice to Management

Not much.... a lame business model which was supposedly great in the past as per your own seasoned agents is just that: a lame business model.

Stop metric modeling people to death. If you want great sales agents, let them sell.

"What I don't get"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Pros

I haven't actually started yet.

Cons

I ordered, completed and paid for my $65.00 background check, then after waiting a week I recieved an email asking me to order ANOTHER $65.00 background check.

Advice to Management

Don't ask prospective agents to pay for the same background check twice. I feel like I'm being scammed.

Jan 14, 2016 – Director, Agent Acquisition and Onboarding

I would like to assure you that there is no scam involved and only one background check is needed. If you received a second email it could have been an automated reminder email. I would like the ... More

"It has a very scam-y vibe."

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LiveOps part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility: Select 30 minute blocks.

Work from home.

That's it. Literally, that's it.

Cons

Training: Training is UNPAID and it takes about a week. So it's not like you're only losing a day or two. A full week. If you're lucky. Mine actually took me 2 weeks).

Pay: You are paid per talk MINUTE. So if you are lucky enough to get 4--or any 2-- (30 minute) blocks back to back and you only get 3 calls lasting 5 minutes each in that 1 or 2 hour period, you only made. You just made $3. 3 calls at $0.20 each x 5 minutes = $3.

Background check: $65 for a background check. I have paid between $15 and and $40 for a BG, so I know $65 is a rip off.

Advice to Management

You can make people employees, you just choose not to. Alorica, formerly West at Home pays people an hourly wage.
    And they also allow their workers to pick from 30 minute blocks.

"Supposedly Full Time"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in North Augusta, SC
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in North Augusta, SC

I worked at LiveOps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No cost in going to and from work.

Cons

Over employment to the point that I was only working one hour a day at the most and that's if I got lucky.

Advice to Management

Better training would be nice and also there are many people who need to be let go so that this company can function properly.

"Live Ops is a second rate at best work at home part time job"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Chicago, IL

I worked at LiveOps (More than 10 years)

Pros

You work in you home. You can pick your shift, which is impossible.

Cons

They have no respect for an insurance sales person. Pay is about $7 to I believe 10 bucks an app. Don't get excited because you may only see one or two apps the entire day if you work 4 hours to 6 hours. They have over 200 people all taking calls and no time for the online rep to help if you get stuck on an app. Terrible management. The people who run the email center are just as awful, and full of them selves. Its about dollars and getting insurance people to sale a bad whole life policy in the guise its like a burial or final expense policy. Would never work for them again.They are not a professional organization at all

Advice to Management

Wake up and stop the silly non stop hiring of anyone who calls and does the phone interview. Insurance people know what to say, and don;t want to lose their license, but the scripts are so fake and seem to make the caller feel as though he or she is filling out a death certificate and takes almost half an hour before that's even done.

Feb 8, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

Many insurance agents tell us that they enjoy the freedom and flexibility of working with LiveOps and believe they are offering a good product. I am sorry to hear that you feel otherwise.

"Can I rate less than one star?"

Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in North Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in North Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at LiveOps part-time

Pros

Flexibility in schedule, can work from home.

Cons

Lack of hours, low pay, lack of support, paid per minute basis. Every week when the schedule dropped there were no hours available. Read in emails that the hours are given to the high performers first. I only worked two weeks and was graded one star and could not get a schedule. Was told agents could make $30,000-$40,000 per year which is a lie.

Advice to Management

Please stop hiring insurance agents, there are too many working and not enough hours to go around.

"Digital Factory"

Former Employee - Independent Agent in Ripley, TN
    Former Employee - Independent Agent in Ripley, TN

I worked at LiveOps (Less than a year)

Pros

You make your own work schedule

Cons

Pay is 0.25 cents a minute

Mar 10, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

I am sorry to hear that working from home with LiveOps was not a good fit for you. The pay rate varies by program, with some clients paying a straight talk-time rate, generally 25 cents per minute of ... More

"A lopsided company that plays by favorites, not by smarts"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

you can sign up for any hours and work anytime but there are no calls comming in for seasoned agents anymore

Cons

Speaking up in the forums about some inconsistencies on matters such as not getting paid while on hold or gross script errors will result with negative repercussions on your work such as calls getting forwarded to other agents, lots poor performance feedback and even possilbe line removal and termination in extreme cases.

Advice to Management

Hire some outside help instead to break up the click of agents