LiveOps Reviews | Glassdoor

LiveOps Reviews

Updated July 25, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work from home aspect is great (in 139 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, some lines have minimum time required to work but not all (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes there wasn't call volume was low (in 39 reviews)

• You are paid for talk time, call volume varies (in 31 reviews)

"Do yourself a favor, AVOID LIVEOPS!!"

Former Employee - Independent Sales Agent in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Independent Sales Agent in Akron, OH

I worked at LiveOps (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home, direct deposit.

Cons

Terrible comp plan, poor mngmnt and business practices, unfair treatment of employees (they call businesses ).

Advice to Management

Start over, you are losing to better, fairer competition.

May 4, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

I am sorry that LiveOps was not the right fit for you. We are committed to being a great work-at-home partner and making LiveOps Nation a great place to work-from-home.

"Work From Home Agent - What a joke ! Don't believe in Santa Claus"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

- Work from home
    - You can pick your hours

Cons

- Low call volume. Don't be tricked into taking the advice " it will get better" . They overstaff the lines so the client is impressed there are enough agents but you are the one who doesn't make money when you are paid by the minute. You're the only one with skin in the game by buying the computer and paying a monthly rate for a dedicated line ,which was understood from the start ,but how do you pay for it ? LOLL!

Advice to Management

Work from home agents are reasonable and understand that call volume fluctuates but no calls in an hour or more with 100 % commit performance ? That's insult to my intelligence. I am on the PPL program and you should have figured it out by now.

May 25, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing low call volume. Focusing on your performance, committing to take calls at different times, and opting in to other opportunities are a few ways that you... More

"Read the fine print..."

Current Employee - Insurance Claims in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Claims in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Working from home is only one.

Cons

Signed up to make a few extra bucks part time. Poor communication from company, poor training platform, unrealistic expectations from client given how little they pay. Lots of time investment with no compensation. They make the opportunity out to be "business opportunity", but you are nothing but a 1099 contractor. You pay for your own background check, phone line, etc. - -- i.e., your are "investing" in your business. There is little opportunity to make more than .25 cents a minute. I could go on and on...

Advice to Management

Actually talk to potential employees and have your own call center for employees. Fix all the buggy software. Focus on retaining quality, not quantity and your won't have a revolving door. I think if vendors actually saw how bad things were they would bolt. I would never buy any products or services from the companies that would outsource to the company.

May 25, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

I'm sorry to hear that this was not a good fit for you. We do provide a great deal of information on our website, www.join.liveops.com, to help people decide whether or not being an independent... More

"customer service representative"

I worked at LiveOps (Less than a year)

Pros

Work at home that's about it.

Cons

This company is by far the worst work from home company. You have to pay for a background check. Training and nesting is unpaid work. Production is paid by the minute. It's extremely hard to get hours. It's even harder to get the talk time. I sat there one day for 10 hours and I only made $35. I was so disappointed

Advice to Management

Have a better training program. Stop handing out compliances like candy. Especially for new agents who've only been working for 3 days.

Jun 20, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience. We do offer a number of resources to help new agents build their business.

"Misleading/Deceptive"

Current Employee - Independent Agent
    Current Employee - Independent Agent

Pros

Shifts are available round the clock, and you can work when you wish, if you are lucky enough to snag the shift you want.

Cons

Pay is less than minimum wage. There are too many agents working which results in not enough call volume. If you are desperate to earn a few extra dollars, this may work for you. But, do not rely on this form of employment as a full time job as you will starve on the amount of income you will make here. I have been with the company over two years. There are consistent promises of "new lines" and "new clients." You will train for endless hours without pay to learn a specific company's practices, and you will be mislead to believe the call volume is there. However, once you have trained without pay, of course, and start on a specific line or with a specific client, the calls are very scarce or non-existent. In the time I've worked for LiveOps, I trained endless hours for two positions which fell through, only to train for another "opportunity" which proved just as fruitless. If you have an issue, it takes community services several days to reply. If you get struck by a motor vehicle and land yourself in a hospital and miss a commit, it will be held against you. You are not treated as an individual here, but as an agent ID number. I don't feel a sense of company moral here, and I would not recommend.

Advice to Management

Consider a new approach. Perhaps consider a minimum hourly rage to offset the poor call volume. Please consider as individuals, not just another agent ID number.

"Not what it's cracked up to be..."

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Schedule time on YOUR own time of its available.

Cons

If you have a tech issue there is NO one that can help you. LIVEOPS made everything sound very good by saying "independent contractor" but while in training you get complaint events excessively. Basically write-ups multiple times a day for small things. Live ops write you up if you are on a call for more than 20 mins. This is how agents are paid by the min so go figure :( When sending a message to..I don't know the Wizard Of Oz...takes days for a response..and it's always a robotic reply, never specific to your question. This company is not a good company I've worked with Independent companies and salary companies this one is at the bottom. They don't pay enough to keep writing compliance events in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Stop writing up Independent contractors a billion times a day and talk to them or message them personally. Fix your tech issues with the company and quit holding agents accountable for companies mistakes.

"costumer servise"

I worked at LiveOps (Less than a year)

Pros

pay on time work on you own time

Cons

they cancel my contract with out notice me

Advice to Management

na

"Work from Home Customer Service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The only thing that I can say good is that they offer work from home positions -- that is all.

Cons

The company tells you upfront about the $65 background/credit check that you have to pass before you are hired as an independent contractor. However, they do not tell you that once you get in and take the long hours of certification that you will not get to schedule hours for "nesting". The Live Ops staff says you have to "stalk" for hours which is ridiculous. Who in the H has take for all of that. They should tell you all of this upfront before you spend money on background check, phone line, etc. I feel strongly that this company receives kickbacks from the background check company which is the reason why they constantly hire folks knowing that they are not going to get to schedule hours for their "nesting" which if they do not get 20 calls by certain deadline then their contract is terminated. Word of advise to all -- stay the hell away from this company. For real

Oct 4, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. "Nesting" is an important part of our onboarding process where agents can begin taking calls in a supportive environment.... More

"Complete waste of time and money"

Pros

There are more than one opportunities. Get to work from home if you get the job.

Cons

You do a lot of studying to be certified for LiveOps and also for the business that you're going to serve The business I had there is a role play that you have to get 100% in order to pass. If you don't pass it you cannot work for that company. I did the role play but kept having computer issues on there end and I failed the role play. Then a few days later I get an email from liveops saying that I've been completely terminated for not getting the classes for certification done in time, even though I got an email from them saying that I completed all of the courses and was certified to work for LiveOps.
    There is no communication, no feedback and you are set up to fail.
    And I have years of experience in customer service in call centers and other places

Advice to Management

Better communication. The role plays should be part of the training rather than a test you have to get 100% to pass. When someone fails the role play give them feedback so they can improve.

"Don't waste your time or money"

Pros

Working at home. That's pretty much it.

Cons

I started the training and even though it was frustrating, tedious and time-consuming I persevered. Unfortunately, if you don't pass a test you have to take it again and again before you can proceed, which could involve going through the entire session again, pushing you further behind. The amount of information is at times, overwhelming. You have to know at least four software systems forwards and backwards, which, in this type of learning environment, is impossible. Feedback is minimal or nonexistent. I never spoke to a live person and I'm sure it's by design. I had issues with downloading some of the software and, of course, I was on my own in trying to fix the problem. For what it's worth, I worked in claims for years, first as a multi-line adjuster and then as a field appraiser. I have a bachelor's degree and an IQ of 125. I'm no dummy. Yet, I couldn't get through this. I'd rather handle a lawsuit with multiple BIs or appraise a Porsche 911 with major damage than continue. This is maddening.

Advice to Management

Paid training and regular contact with a real person. Also, a decent hourly wage instead of this per-minute crap.