LiveOps Reviews | Glassdoor

LiveOps Reviews

Updated May 3, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • It is important to note that LiveOps has both employees (me) and self-employed agents that work from home (in 134 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, some lines have minimum time required to work but not all (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • There can be unpredictable call volume at times (in 36 reviews)

• hard to stay motivated when talk time is low as you are paid by (in 29 reviews)

"Grateful for LiveOps"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL

Pros

Flexible work for at-home parents or those who may need a secondary income.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to schedule ideal shifts.

"I love it"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pays on time
    easy scripting to read
    flexible work when you want

Cons

pays per min talk time so if the calls are coming in slow no money
    to many affinites and upsells for sales lines

Advice to Management

Get rid of the affinities it may make more money but make the companies we work with look bad stop hiring so many people and listen we know whats going on were on the phones

Dec 28, 2015 – Director, Agent Acquisition and Onboarding

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We love hearing from our independent agents. Some of the sales calls do have upsells that are intended to compliment the product ... More

"Live Ops is a second rate at best work at home part time job"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Chicago, IL

I worked at LiveOps (More than 10 years)

Pros

You work in you home. You can pick your shift, which is impossible.

Cons

They have no respect for an insurance sales person. Pay is about $7 to I believe 10 bucks an app. Don't get excited because you may only see one or two apps the entire day if you work 4 hours to 6 hours. They have over 200 people all taking calls and no time for the online rep to help if you get stuck on an app. Terrible management. The people who run the email center are just as awful, and full of them selves. Its about dollars and getting insurance people to sale a bad whole life policy in the guise its like a burial or final expense policy. Would never work for them again.They are not a professional organization at all

Advice to Management

Wake up and stop the silly non stop hiring of anyone who calls and does the phone interview. Insurance people know what to say, and don;t want to lose their license, but the scripts are so fake and seem to make the caller feel as though he or she is filling out a death certificate and takes almost half an hour before that's even done.

Feb 8, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

Many insurance agents tell us that they enjoy the freedom and flexibility of working with LiveOps and believe they are offering a good product. I am sorry to hear that you feel otherwise.

"World Class Technology"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at LiveOps (More than a year)

Pros

Great Agents On Demand Technology, and Real-Time Chat. Excellent internal mailbox system, and a system that clearly shows you your Direct Sales conversion rated. Great company for an above average fluent in clear-speaking.

Cons

You have to be liked to get supervisory help in special help. They may tend to put agents that come across as proper on their programs that have prestigious clientele; so "only" maybe could it be favoritism.

Advice to Management

State before a meeting if it will be open for workers to speak; don't let one agent take up all the meeting time---answer all agents questions, or place a limit in answering question, and not spending too much time on one question, or anyone that is having technical issue's. Technical issue's should be addressed outside of a program, or through internal mailbox.

Dec 28, 2015 – Director, Agent Acquisition and Onboarding

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you think LiveOps is a great company with excellent technology for our agents. I will pass along your feedback and ... More

"Live Ops At Home"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Mobile, AL

I worked at LiveOps (More than a year)

Pros

Webinars help you learn how to sale products.

Cons

Too many products to learn about and too many changes.

"It has a very scam-y vibe."

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LiveOps part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility: Select 30 minute blocks.

Work from home.

That's it. Literally, that's it.

Cons

Training: Training is UNPAID and it takes about a week. So it's not like you're only losing a day or two. A full week. If you're lucky. Mine actually took me 2 weeks).

Pay: You are paid per talk MINUTE. So if you are lucky enough to get 4--or any 2-- (30 minute) blocks back to back and you only get 3 calls lasting 5 minutes each in that 1 or 2 hour period, you only made. You just made $3. 3 calls at $0.20 each x 5 minutes = $3.

Background check: $65 for a background check. I have paid between $15 and and $40 for a BG, so I know $65 is a rip off.

Advice to Management

You can make people employees, you just choose not to. Alorica, formerly West at Home pays people an hourly wage.
    And they also allow their workers to pick from 30 minute blocks.

"Supposedly Full Time"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in North Augusta, SC
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in North Augusta, SC

I worked at LiveOps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No cost in going to and from work.

Cons

Over employment to the point that I was only working one hour a day at the most and that's if I got lucky.

Advice to Management

Better training would be nice and also there are many people who need to be let go so that this company can function properly.

"What I don't get"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Pros

I haven't actually started yet.

Cons

I ordered, completed and paid for my $65.00 background check, then after waiting a week I recieved an email asking me to order ANOTHER $65.00 background check.

Advice to Management

Don't ask prospective agents to pay for the same background check twice. I feel like I'm being scammed.

Jan 14, 2016 – Director, Agent Acquisition and Onboarding

I would like to assure you that there is no scam involved and only one background check is needed. If you received a second email it could have been an automated reminder email. I would like the ... More

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Roseville, MI
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Roseville, MI

I have been working at LiveOps (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible hours you pick and choose

Cons

metrics can get tough at points

Dec 11, 2015 – Director, Agent Acquisition and Onboarding

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.

"Rewarding & Challenging Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging work where your contribution will make a difference. Work with intelligent and dedicated people that are willing to help each other out for the greater good.

Vasili is one of those rare leaders who naturally serves as an inspiring mentor for the entire team. He exhibits authentic and straightforward traits. These qualities most notably translate in his ability to motivate a team to care about a company and be invested in the company’s success.

Cons

This is not a company where you can coast- searching for 'A' players so if you're looking for an easy ride, this isn't it.