LiveOps 322 Reviews | Glassdoor

LiveOps Reviews

Updated February 7, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • It is important to note that LiveOps has both employees (me) and self-employed agents that work from home (in 128 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, some lines have minimum time required to work but not all (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • There can be unpredictable call volume at times (in 35 reviews)

• hard to stay motivated when talk time is low as you are paid by (in 22 reviews)

"A lopsided company that plays by favorites, not by smarts"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

you can sign up for any hours and work anytime but there are no calls comming in for seasoned agents anymore

Cons

Speaking up in the forums about some inconsistencies on matters such as not getting paid while on hold or gross script errors will result with negative repercussions on your work such as calls getting forwarded to other agents, lots poor performance feedback and even possilbe line removal and termination in extreme cases.

Advice to Management

Hire some outside help instead to break up the click of agents

"Ok job.."

Pros

Pay is pretty good, by the talk time

Cons

Hard to schedule yourself when you first start working with them

"Liveops A great place to be"

Current Employee - Independent Contract Agent in Taylorsville, IN
    Current Employee - Independent Contract Agent in Taylorsville, IN

I have been working at LiveOps (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love the flexible schedule that allows me time with my family.
    Available staff & current agents are very helpful if you have questions or need encouregment.
    Training resources are provided to you at no cost but you don't get paid for meetings.

Cons

No health insurance as a contractor you pay no taxes so be sure you have a plan in place this year as Obama care will be charging fees for not having healthcare.

Mar 17, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We love hearing that agents find our staff and other agents helpful. A supportive community is one of the things that make LiveOps Nation great.

"LiveOps work"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Hope Mills, NC
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Hope Mills, NC

I worked at LiveOps (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company allows you to create your own schedule. Which allows a good work/home balance.

Cons

Very hard to make a comfortable living. This company experiences high management turnover.

"Insurance Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Irvine, CA

Pros

Flexible work hours, great bonus pay during peak hours

Cons

The pay is per minute, when its slow you may get 25 minutes out of each hour.

Feb 8, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Many insurance agents tell us that working from home with LiveOps is a great fit for them. Some agents find it helpful to opt-in to additional call ... More

"Digital Factory"

Former Employee - Independent Agent in Ripley, TN
    Former Employee - Independent Agent in Ripley, TN

I worked at LiveOps (Less than a year)

Pros

You make your own work schedule

Cons

Pay is 0.25 cents a minute

Mar 10, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

I am sorry to hear that working from home with LiveOps was not a good fit for you. The pay rate varies by program, with some clients paying a straight talk-time rate, generally 25 cents per minute of ... More

"Can I rate less than one star?"

Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in North Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in North Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at LiveOps part-time

Pros

Flexibility in schedule, can work from home.

Cons

Lack of hours, low pay, lack of support, paid per minute basis. Every week when the schedule dropped there were no hours available. Read in emails that the hours are given to the high performers first. I only worked two weeks and was graded one star and could not get a schedule. Was told agents could make $30,000-$40,000 per year which is a lie.

Advice to Management

Please stop hiring insurance agents, there are too many working and not enough hours to go around.

"A true godsend for me!"

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling!! I had to give up my full time career due to a medical issue and was desperate to begin working in any capacity again. But what kind of job could one possibly find when you never knew if you could physically work each day?? THIS ONE!! Even if I am scheduled and not feeling well, 95% of the time someone takes my shift. This is a perfect fit for someone like me who likes customer service and loves talking to people. I feel blessed I received this opportunity and am loving it :) Take advantage of as many lines as possible and then you can see which ones are the best fit for you. I have made as much as $40 per hour on the Direct Sales Elite line!

Cons

I have had the occasional computer hiccup which leads you to have decreased stats, but other than that nothing I can think of. Some people have commented on low wages, but if you take advantage of the opportunities given you will have multiple lines and NEVER have low call volumes.

Advice to Management

1000 commits is really high to be offered a 1 day forgiveness. Consider having a smaller amount of commits for a 1 day forgiveness. If you were in our shoes and you lost power due to a storm for a day or two you would have had to have worked over 3 months at 40 hours a week to be allowed to have only one day forgiveness without fear of losing your job because of Mother Nature. I love this job, and I'm really good at it. Please consider these situations for those who are affected in that way.

Feb 10, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for posting a review. We love hearing from people who found "a perfect fit" with LiveOps. I passed your advice on and that policy is being reviewed to ensure that agents continue to have a ... More

"Grateful for LiveOps"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL

Pros

Flexible work for at-home parents or those who may need a secondary income.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to schedule ideal shifts.

"Inbound Sales"

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Pierre, SD
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Pierre, SD

I have been working at LiveOps (Less than a year)

Pros

Work At Home! Set hours around your family, events, etc.

Cons

The pay. Although there is little overhead here, other than a dedicated landline and internet.

Advice to Management

Make AF's more available. The ability to chat with a mentor one on one would be highly beneficial.

Feb 8, 2016 – Online Marketing Specialist

Thank you for leaving a review. Being able to work at home around your family is a wonderful thing and we are happy to see agents enjoying that flexibility. You mentioned that you would like to talk ... More