LivePerson Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
LivePerson Chairman and CEO Robert P. LoCascio
Robert P. LoCascio

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I generally love coming to work, working with great people and a great product (in 37 reviews)

• work life balance is good, good product that you can stand behind (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Production problems happen around the clock, which is very frustrating and spoils your work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• When I meet with my manager, he always point the finger at "upper management" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great place to work. Best job I've ever had."

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great product & great vision - LivePerson is moving in the right direction and moving fast. LivePerson is finally back on the rise. This would be a great time to start at LivePerson. It still has the "start-up" atmosphere. There is little to no micromanaging. If you do a good job, you are left alone, which can be good or bad depending on your personality. I generally love coming to work, working with great people and a great product.

Cons

Way too much turnover. Lack of communication. General chaos. In most cases employees must figure things out on their own.

Advice to Management

Before you make a change in personnel think clearly about who this effects. And communicate any changes to all those effected ahead of time.

"Not a good place to work for minorities."

I worked at LivePerson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

so called "Friendly Environment." They feed you free lunch every Friday?

Cons

Everything else. If you are a minority, especially a FEMALE, stay far away from this place. The HR acts like they are working with you, but they arent. They will fire you in a heartbeat if you are not of the right color....Its sad to see in 2018....

Advice to Management

This place is a immigrant scheme to get Israelis over to the U.S. They will fire you in a heartbeat if you are African American. There are multiple EEOC claims against this company. If you are looking for a place to grow, please stay far away from this hell hole.

3. "Amazing place to work. Love Liveperson."

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So many... for example company culture, amazing colleagues, incredible transformational and innovative product, fantastic roadmap. Lots of employees that have been here for years and are still passionate about the company- we love making a real difference in the way consumers connect with brands every minute of every day.

Cons

start-up mentality (don't come here if you are the type of person that looks for large companies with set processes). I personally think its a pro.

Advice to Management

Encourage the current employees to add their reviews. The company rating on this site does not represent LP at all and seems to be written by disgruntled ex-employees.

"A Shell of Its Former Self"

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

LivePerson's people are the company's greatest asset. They are some of the most dedicated, passionate, and committed people in the industry. There is always someone volunteering to help and people really do take ownership and drive for a common core goal. Some of the greatest friends I’ve made have been through my time at LivePerson.

Cons

The downside of LivePerson used to be minimal but as the company has evolved over the years, the alignment of what customers want and what the company can provide continues to erode. The company continues to reinvent itself through reorganization and most recently, redundancies. Leadership cannot seem to find a winning strategy so focus moves on, with another reinvention or change in direction, which compromises trust and chips away at client relationships through unreliability. Clients are churning, employees are leaving (long tenured people have recently been caught up in redundancies in alarming numbers), communication is erratic, and sales have been poor for years. Senior leadership feels unapproachable and HR is not supportive. Speaking up in disagreement has incurred increasing negative consequence with leadership giving off an impression of delicacy when it comes to questioning their motives or actions.

The product has promise and big industry players seems to be excited by what it can offer. Speed of execution has been historically marred by lack of understanding around what clients really need. Documentation and technical guides are improving, as is their accessibility. The new core product has compromised Enterprise relationships due to lack of initial feature/functionality, which is catching up through releases and innovation.

Culture at LivePerson used to be a focus. A team used to specifically drive it. Those people were either let go or have moved on and there is no sense of culture cultivation. Each office and each individual person contributes to the culture but when it's not coming from the top down, the sense of community gets lost. Global senior leaders who visited local offices will often ignore the non-leader employees, which is completely against the grain of the 'making meaningful connections' core value they like to promote.

Pay is all over the map. They’ve recently hired many more junior employees in an attempt to create a career trajectory and so that they can pay junior rates and work them just as hard. Many employees are coming out of colleges and universities, which is a great foot in the door, but there is also the expectation of professionalism and tact with no specific training in place to help them achieve that. Good people are leaving because the financial reward is low and promotion is slow.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and be attentive to their needs. Be generous with your attention and with office amenities. Pay them well as when you take care of your employees, they will organically take care of the clients. Recognize that there are people who care about LivePerson's success just as much as you do. They work long. They work hard. Those people should be acknowledged and not just marginalized as a faceless line item on a spreadsheet. LivePerson used to care about the individual. That no longer seems to be the case.

5. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at LivePerson full-time

Pros

Great working environment , free snacks, great surrounding area,

Cons

Some employees may have to work on Holidays.

6. "Customer Success Manager"

I worked at LivePerson full-time

Pros

Fast paced, great clients and work environment.

Cons

None at this time for cons.

7. "Best company I've ever worked for!"

I worked at LivePerson full-time

Pros

Competitive pay, realistic expectations, support from upper management is outstanding.

Cons

None at the moment.

8. "Awesome Culture!"

Current Employee - Managed Services in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Managed Services in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Alpharetta office is a great place to work! They offer higher than typical time off days and go so far as to cater in lunch for the entire office every Friday! I love the open concept office space, free food items in the kitchen and the friendly co-workers. There is a family feel here unlike other more 'corporate' places I have worked. Dress code is relaxed and there is a clear investment in employee satisfaction.

Cons

I do not have any cons

Advice to Management

More opportunities for advancement and mentoring programs to help people get the experience they need to get there.

"Good place to work, needs some slight improvement"

I have been working at LivePerson full-time

Pros

Definitely good environment, benefits, flexibility. Lots of room to grow within the organization if that's what you want - but no pressure if you're happy as you are.

Cons

There's the usual issues you may expect of an office environment in general, but this specific company has poor management of its incoming campaigns. Projects
     might be in the pipeline for months, but those it affects are often kept in the dark about them until just before the launch date. This usually means everyone needs to scramble and it's not top quality - we're cut off at the legs before we get a chance. There needs to be set, regimented, and enforced organization of how new campaigns come through.

10. "Good for a part time job"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at LivePerson part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can find smaller projects.
    Easy interface

Cons

-- First got half of my reviews disappeared *due to migration from Liveperson to PrestoExperts* then later profile got banned for no particular reasons
    -- High commission amounts
    -- Expert Profile approval is very difficult