LivePerson Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2020

3.2
LivePerson Chairman and CEO Robert P. LoCascio
Robert P. LoCascio
Pros
  • "Great people and growth opportunity(in 45 reviews)

• "Great office layout, no cubicles, open work environment, grab your laptop and work anywhere if desired(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Perfectly positioned to tackle the future"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time for more than a year

Pros

The products are innovative, the people are great to work with and there is a lot of opportunity if you are ready to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You will have the autonomy to make decisions for your products without going through unnecessary processes. Overall a fun and fast-moving environment where above all, delivering results is rewarded.

Cons

The environment can be a little intense if you are not used to working in a fast-faced start-up like setup.

June 4, 2020Global People Group

We appreciate your feedback! It sure has been busy, hasn't it? We are in awe of the hard work and dedication our LPers put into keeping us the leader in Conversational AI. Thank you!

2. "Exciting space"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at LivePerson full-time

Pros

Growing space, company with bright people

Cons

pressure to push new products before their capabilities are fully matured and ready for enterprise level deployments.

3. "One of the greatest companies in the world"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company! Join this company - no questions asked!

Cons

I can't think of any

4. "Huge Potential"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Austin, TX

I worked at LivePerson full-time for more than a year

Pros

* LivePerson has led the way in a few key areas of online customer service such as webchat and messaging. * LP takes care of its employees.

Cons

* LP company of multiple acquisitions of small startups. The integration of those companies has been hard and not always successful. * LP is a 25+-year-old company. It has a lots of legacy systems to maintain. There's new products being developed, but legacy products have a way of weighing any company down over time.

5. COVID-19

"Toxic Management, LOW engineering expectations, Ok paycheck"

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at LivePerson full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Competitive paycheck for those who negotiate, with a higher bias in salary - Lower expectations for those used to smaller companies/startups - Good support from admins, hr, covid support, wfh reimbursements - If you stay out of trouble, play politics a little, and leave work at work easily,, it is a fine job - Potentially low work hrs if more productive than avg of your teammates, avg 40hr/wk if not (but you must be assertive about this, they will try to convince you)

Cons

- Bad environment for fresh software engineers--poor onboarding, career development, mentorship. Engineers with experience, especially with startups will do fine. - Seattle office wlb/culture very much different than other offices, esp Israel and non NY - Poor WLB from stress, not necessarily hours worked - Interview pipeline has some bad people in it, and technical interviewers who are frankly below the bar themselves and are poor software engineers - Very poor quality of engineers in Seattle office, across all levels of xp. There are good engineers though. You can double check this with the Israel office-they have much better engineers+engineering culture - Toxic management culture from CTO downwards, ex-Amazon through and through. Literally quoting Jeff Bezos instead of LivePerson in engineering meetings. - Skip managers micromanaging ICs through frequent DMs, intimidation, gaslighting, false rumors - Management driven company, engineering concerns are taken lightly - Appearances matter most, "yes men" everywhere. People regularly thrown under the bus by management in front of ICs - Don't count on bonuses, based not on performance but favor with managers in charge - Literally did not get year-review feedback. People were persuaded to give feedback OUTSIDE of the hr system and through anonymous google surveys that likely went nowhere. Absolutely no feedback on compensation updates, bonus breakdown. Yearly review feedback meetings were scheduled on peoples calendars but the managers did not show up... - Career development is poor. You need favor with the managers in charge. Not merit based, most of them happen when holes need to be filled. Management repeatedly tries to add responsibility to ICs. Management also will "give" people titles without changing them in the system (title, $)--do not accept this. - Literally do not trust anything they say without a written trail through LP, they will lie again and again. Especially in the interview process--trust your instincts and get promises concrete in your offer docs

"Poor Culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at LivePerson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Had the opportunity to work with smart, dedicated and talented co-workers.

Cons

Toxic culture that started with the senior leadership. Lack of diversity in leadership roles. Unrealistic expectations about work/life balance.

June 22, 2020Global People Group

Thank you for acknowledging your talented and dedicated colleagues who you worked with at LivePerson. I'm not sure when you left, but we have programs in place to ensure a healthy feedback loop between employees and leadership, as well as diversity and inclusion. Wishing you the best in your future endeavors.

7. "TONS to learn here from plenty of smart people. Do your job and you will be taken care of."

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Plenty of fun (and very intelligent) people at the company - Great industry to be in - Great pitstop for your career - lots of people come here and leave for great companies - Regular updates from leadership are nice to hear - Office updates and activities helped me find some really good friends at the company

Cons

- They don't even try to hide the nepotism, which makes people feel "stuck" and contributes to low morale - Lots of bodies that don't contribute to much from the nepotism - Work-life balance is difficult to find, and much of upper management do not respect it - Many managers lead out fo fear rather than encouragement and praise - Acts like a startup claiming to "sprint" toward goals but there's enough red tape here to round the globe – very difficult to get anything off the ground

June 4, 2020Global People Group

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write this review -- it’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your time here at LivePerson and your appreciation for the internal communication and from our leadership team. It's also good to hear that our employees are finding value in the resources created to help keep everyone connected, productive and happy during these challenging days. You can have a full career at LivePerson, and continually learn and grow - this IS a great company (Fast Company agrees, having named LivePerson to its “Most Innovative Companies 2020” list)!

8. "Ongoing employee investment"

Current Employee - Senior Director of Digital Experience in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

LP takes drastic measures to invest in their employees beyond dollars and cents... very generous and considerate when it comes to sick days, independent care, PTO, 401K, fitness, wellness, WFH, social heath and mental well being.

Cons

Very fast pace, but that comes with the territory of being a pioneer in technology.

June 4, 2020Global People Group

It's always great to hear that the programs and resources created for employees are working and helping you be as productive and healthy as possible. Onward and upward, indeed!

9. COVID-19

"They take care of their people"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist

I have been working at LivePerson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

One thing I love is that they are very employee-focused - they have fantastic health benefits and responded super quickly to the COVID-19 "era" of doing business, providing many resources to help us all adjust. Another thing I love is the entire company's passion for what they do: helping people and brands communicate at scale in the most natural way. You also get to work with a lot of cutting-edge technology, AI and messaging channels.

Cons

It is a large company, and there can be hard decisions made that you may not agree with. That's true with almost every company - I've seen it at all levels.

June 4, 2020Global People Group

We are thrilled to hear that you are finding the resources, programs and heightened communications helpful during this time of change. We are intensely proud at how our employees have adapted and are succeeding in our current environment. Thank you for your hard work and for taking the time to write this review.

10. "Endless opportunities, but boy am I tired"

4.0

I have been working at LivePerson full-time

Pros

I've been working at LivePerson for a little over 2 years and was very quickly put on a path for success. If you are a self-starter this is THE PLACE TO BE. If you aren't ... you'll get lost in the crowd. What I love most about LivePerson is that no one has ever tried to make me feel "little" or keep me from excelling. The only downside is that I now have more on my plate than ever and am a smidge exhausted... I have personally worked with the CEO on a handful of occasions and he truly is a good person. To be honest, all of the C-suite execs I have worked with have been really lovely. No egos there. Strong opinions YES, but no egos.

Cons

Work/life balance ... leadership wants you to have it, but I still find myself working 16 hour days at times and on the weekends for at least a few hours. There's a handful of people in leadership that shouldn't be. They may be smart, but they're not leaders, and are not looking out for what's best for LivePerson or their team.

June 4, 2020Global People Group

It is busy, isn't it? We appreciate the hard work that our business demands, especially as we continue to grow and lead our industry. Our hope is that our new internal programs including flexible business hours will ease the burden for our employees, especially as we all adapt to new working environments and unprecedented demand for our solutions. Thank you for your hard work!

Found 375 reviews