LivePerson Reviews | Glassdoor

LivePerson Chairman and CEO Robert P. LoCascio
Robert P. LoCascio

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Production problems happen around the clock, which is very frustrating and spoils your work-life balance" (in 6 reviews)

• "Due to high turnover, these folks are rarely around, thus leading to challenging deployments to manage" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great company uniquely positioned for exponential growth"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of flexibility to work on projects you think will make an impact and drive the brand forward. This isn't the type of company where you're hired for one specific task/role, and then you repeat said task/role till you die of boredom or lack of engagement. The working environment is very collaborative, allowing for a lot of creative thinking.

Great benefits, generous compensation, and flexible time off policy all pluses. Free lunch on Friday's, and other common tech industry perks.

I think LivePerson is also uniquely positioned in the market as being at the right place at the right time. We've gone through some hardships in the past few years, but came out on the other side stronger and ready to grow exponentially, a great time to join if you're considering LivePerson. I see a lot of future opportunity.

Cons

LivePerson's culture and working environment isn't for everyone. If you're someone that needs clear instruction and everything handed to you in order to move a project forward, this isn't the place for you. I personally find this as a pro as it enables a lot of creative latitude, so if you like figuring things out and finding your own path, this is a company you will thrive at. In many ways it feels like a startup, but with a consistent revenue stream and 1,000+ employees.

Advice to Management

Think we need to get better on proliferating our positioning and messaging throughout the company, so all employees are on the same page.

Also more variation on the office snacks :-)

"Customer Success Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at LivePerson (More than 5 years)

Pros

There used to be a ton but I can't think of any now

Cons

Turned into a corporate cut throat culture. There's no room to move up, only lateral and out the door.

Advice to Management

Get more experienced managers rather than hiring from the "boys club"

3. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Deployment Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Deployment Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson (More than a year)

Pros

A fun place to work

Cons

Unsure about the company's future

4. "enterprise account executive"

Former Employee - Vice President of Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Vice President of Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at LivePerson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great technology and talented co-workers

Cons

Nutty decisions from executive leadership

Advice to Management

Let your folks do what they do best

5. "Racist"

I have been working at LivePerson full-time

Pros

You are able to work from home.

Cons

Managers are not transparent and change expectations quickly. They do not seem to have enough experience in selling and take a lot of time to answer basic questions. The company appears to be racist in many ways. They offer a product to companies around the world in the area of communications, bridging the gap between customers and the sales force, yet they do not offer translation of the english language. Unfortunately, this makes it difficult to sell to companies who work with a lot of Spanish speaking customers. In a world where we seek to be equitable...

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Innovation. Cutting edge tech.

Cons

You will love it if you are entrepreneurial. If you prefer big company ways of operating it may not be for you.

7. "Squeaky wheels"

Current Employee - Live Advisor in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Live Advisor in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and Company events

Cons

If I were you, I wouldn’t work here. Don’t put yourself through the headache. I believe treatment is unfair. Write ups for performance when it’s too busy to manage all of these chats at a time. Even with that we have a group of people who can sit and watch videos and browse the web all day since they are on a special project. This project has been going on for months and they get to chill for 8 hours while we are busy all day. They claim we have a way to submit anonymous opinions to our department head but it is left so anyone can see just to cause drama. It seems like it was just a way to prevent wrongdoings from going public and hide what’s really going on without really addressing what is submitted. That’s what I think anyway. I bet it doesn’t go past the director no matter what it is. “Focus” groups that only “focus” on topics or people he want to talk about while certain people got schedule changes and others are still waiting. That’s what the meetings should be about. Looks like power hungry people who only want to address the concerns of a select few. I don’t think the supervisors take up for us so we just go in circles. Sadly this is the easiest way to get our opinion or point of view out. Guess the squeakiest wheel get the attention and everyone else just nods head and say “ok”.

Advice to Management

Listen to everyone equally. Don’t make changes for the squeaky wheels and not everyone else.

8. "Watch Your Back"

Former Employee - VSA in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - VSA in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LivePerson (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay. Pay is good for what you do.

Cons

I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there unless it's for the money. The pay is good. My only problem is the fairness. Being terminated for doing the same thing other agents are doing when there is only one difference. Bogus coachings when he look in my face and say "everything is fine" and "you're doing great" but yet still fired. No follow ups but expect you to know what is going on. This is not going to change because it's been like this for the past 3 years or more and everyone that has been there a while knows this. No motivation to improve or even how how to talk to multiple people at a time per hour. (I brought this up but they didn't care and was just told I need to just do it) It's a disgrace and now it's a new director who backs him with every move. What they don't realize agents talk, so we know all are not treated the same in terms of performance. I think that no matter what is said, you can not get a coaching or told what you are doing and still get terminated and everything else. Trust and believe this is the case. We thought he was different but he is the same. It looked like to me there are the same "favorites" and the same secret meetings to throw everyone under the bus. He just walk around and smile more. Make sure you do the same or you may be next. Fake it till you make it. This is a warning to everyone else. My opinion would be to watch your back.

Advice to Management

Let people come to work without the stress of looking over their shoulder each day. We just needed to provide for our families and not looked down on. Everyone’s opinion matters even the above comments.

9. "Good company -Greeat Environment"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My boss at the time was a great supervisor, very little micro managing and freedom to work.

Cons

Hard to compete with the established verticals. We were growing at a decent rate but was always compared to the other department who had been around for a decade.

"Some perks but disarray prevails"

I worked at LivePerson (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Get to work with enterprise brands, intriguing product
    -It's regressed somewhat, but still a good office culture
    -Opportunity to advance if you push for it

Cons

Exec level has for years and years pushed a vision 5 steps ahead of the customer base and 3 steps ahead of the product/support/implementation teams. If you're close to a leadership-sponsored project this will all line up well, but for the 90% of the company trying desperately to execute on last week's reality it's a never ending headache. Internal direction is a shiny object and your KPIs, role expectations, and manager will change at minimum 2x a year.

It can be a fun place to work with some rewarding projects, but the excessive turnover rate (both voluntary and forced) is undeniable proof that these issues run deep. If you're considering a job here give it a go, just don't take anything you're told at face value. The platform is new but environment is not.