LivePerson Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
LivePerson Chairman and CEO Robert P. LoCascio
Robert P. LoCascio

Pros
  • LivePerson has an amazing culture and great people (in 31 reviews)

• work life balance is good, good product that you can stand behind (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is unrealistic (in 6 reviews)

• Due to high turnover, these folks are rarely around, thus leading to challenging deployments to manage (in 7 reviews)

1. "Digital Engagement Specialist"

Current Employee - Digital Engagement Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Digital Engagement Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great culture, people and place

Cons

difficult to move up in the comapny

Advice to Management

better communication with in departments

2. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work life balance is good, good product that you can stand behind.

Cons

Not a lot of different products to sell so it can become a bit monotonous day to day. A lot of pressure from management to hit your monthly goal.

Advice to Management

Less meetings and training's let you people work.

"Not what it used to be"

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, free snacks and occasional meals

Cons

LivePerson lost its culture years ago. Constant turnover and unstable leadership has caused many employees to feel stressed and not excited to go to work anymore. Top talent has been leaving at a rapid pace. CEO has a tendency to fire top talent inexplicably, too.

LivePerson is responding to these reviews, imploring others to check out their website...I implore you to check out the stock price, analyst reports, and ask around the industry about the reputation LivePerson now has.

Advice to Management

Take a look in the mirror before pointing fingers at those that are working very long hours for you. Stop with the smoke & mirrors and own up to past mis-steps while developing a solid plan going forward. Too many rumors, too much uncertainty.

"Sinking Ship! Avoid at all costs!"

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Messaging, the NY Office is nice and there are a few really decent, smart people left.

Cons

While Messaging is a great offering, it's not getting the market adoption that they had hoped. Since Chat is a commodity, the company is trying to reinvent itself by becoming a Messaging and Chat Bot company - everyone has a sizable lead on LP even though they claim to have the first Enterprise at scale Deployment...meanwhile Facebook, Salesforce, ZenDesk and many other's have a much bigger and happier customer-base. LivePerson's customer base is completely unhappy because the LiveEngage platform is not stable and Migrations have been incredibly painful for 4+ years now and a huge number have cancelled rather than suffer. The only thing worse than the weak vision and unstable platform is the CEO who is the worst kind of Founder/CEO, who is unpredictable and volatile, a micromanager who surrounds himself with a team of "yes men," and the moment anybody disagrees with him, they are suddenly "gone" with no explanation. In the last few months, a significant number of senior execs, top sales reps, long-time/expensive employees and whole departments have been let go. Look at the earnings reports over the last year - it's no wonder they're making such deep cuts!

Advice to Management

For God Sake, sell the company to anyone who is willing to pay anything! My question to the Board: How do you let LoCascio continue to run the company into the ground? You have a fiduciary responsibility to your shareholders! Wake up!

"All about the staff"

Former Employee - Video Team Lead in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Video Team Lead in New York, NY

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had the fortunate opportunity of working on a great team with quality people, which kept me happy and insulated from a lot of the larger problems at this organization.

Cons

My complaints and gripes sat with the top-level management and general state of disorganization and confusion things were run with. Never seen such a herky-jerky, totally uncoordinated marketing team in my life.

Advice to Management

Weed out the bad players, get rid of shock-and-awe tech-guru type CMOs and just let the good people do their jobs.

""OK" job with good pay"

Current Employee - VSA in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - VSA in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a great atmosphere as a whole. Free snacks. Game tables as well and Free pizza Fridays. Pays well

Cons

I work in managed services. We are not able to participate in company events because of scheduling. We are constantly told what we are doing wrong with no advice on trying to fix. My manager constantly shows favoritism to a certain "group" of employees. This has been reported to our human resources numerous times. We all know the deal but she continues to do it.

I don't receive any sit downs to tell me what I am doing wrong or what I can approve on. I have to go to the other managers with questions because my manager is too busy talking to her "favorites" all day. I do not want to say it is a racial issue but she sure does make it seem that way.

I know this company can be better. I look forward to seeing if there will be changes to make our job easier and less stressful. It all starts with not showing favoritism and actually helping us keep our job and not just talk about it.

Advice to Management

Get rid of bad management. Invest more in training managers to develop employees.

8. "Great culture, wish they would pay better"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, utilizing the cutting edge technologies around, has great vision towards the future with the newly messaging feature. Great culture and benefits.

Cons

Base salary is far from satisfying, sometimes administrative processes (like internal mobility and such) take ages.

Advice to Management

In order to retain the best workers - you have to pay them more.

Jan 3, 2017 – Global People Group

Thank you for taking the time to write this response. We are continually evaluating how we reward and recognize our top performing talent, and are implementing new tools for our employees to better ... More

"Making mistakes ..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some amazing folks pass through, if you are lucky enough to work with one or two of them you can learn a lot!

Cons

If its early in your career, you are expected to not have a life and work, work, work.

The product is built for large enterprises, and feels that way. What it can do it quite amazing, but getting it to do it requires a whole team of consultants. Very poor support and/or customer care. This is dangerous when competitors do it well. Moving to messaging is the right move, but its WAY late, and LP does not move quickly.

Typical white guys at the top — this is NYC but its not a diverse company, and there is not much discussion about trying to make it one. This will cost them if it hasn't already.

Erratic behavior from the top makes for an uncomfortable work environment. Lots of gossip.

Advice to Management

Learn from your mistakes rather than blitzing past them thinking no one will notice.

Jan 3, 2017 – Global People Group

I agree, we do have a lot of amazing people within LivePerson! I'm not sure when you left LivePerson, but we have unprecedented momentum and provided the platform for the first enterprise-ready ... More

"Please don't ignore the reviews like I did."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pizza on Friday. Unlimited water and snacks. Pretty decently stocked fridge. Great benefits. Plenty of time off.

Cons

Let's start with the platform. It sucks. It is completely unstable and while it is beautiful graphically, its unstable and it doesn't offer a lot of things that the older version did. As for culture, (sighs) its fake. It is a crafted production that does not feel like one at first glance, but once you have been there awhile and you see who they really are, you can tell its all scripted. There seems to be different rules for different people. There aren't many women in management and even fewer minority women. It appears that most of them hold the menial positions or ones low on the totem pole. One department in particular seems to fire all of its minorities for what they term as not catching on and making the progress they would like when its actually organizational flaws that make it VERY difficult. There are others who are allowed to do as they please and continue up the path to advancement, while others, seemingly women, are expected to be completely spotless to do anything. The lies that are told in this place are MASSIVE and they are on every level. Management lies to employees about everything, employees lie to clients about platform stability and everyone is going on as if this isnt happening. The company that they have acquired, Contact at Once seems to be something they did just to get what they wanted out of them and I am sure they will be closing them within 2 years. The pay is dismal. I dont know all the departments pay scales specifically, but I know it is a common complaint and judging from the salaries listed here, they are horrible across the board.

Advice to Management

Pay better, hire managers that aren't promoting based on popularity contests

Jan 3, 2017 – Global People Group

I'm sorry that you are not having a positive experience at LivePerson, despite our unlimited water and snacks. I can assure you that we take great strides to advance our high performing employees ... More

11. "Awesome team awesome people!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone there is not only driven to succeed, but want you to succeed as well. Great sense of community within the office!

Cons

As with any job- some slow days, some days when you can't catch your breath

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The acquisition of CAO was so smooth for all employees, I only wish all acquisitions could go that well!!!

Jan 3, 2017 – Global People Group

Wow, thanks for sharing your positive experiences working at LivePerson-- and I hope you're loving the new Alpharetta office. A lot of care and thought went into bringing CAO into the LivePerson ... More