LivePerson Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
LivePerson Chairman and CEO Robert P. LoCascio
Robert P. LoCascio

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Promising future, great people, great technologies (in 37 reviews)

• work life balance is good, good product that you can stand behind (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Production problems happen around the clock, which is very frustrating and spoils your work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• When I meet with my manager, he always point the finger at "upper management" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at LivePerson full-time

Pros

Great working environment , free snacks, great surrounding area,

Cons

Some employees may have to work on Holidays.

2. "Customer Success Manager"

I worked at LivePerson full-time

Pros

Fast paced, great clients and work environment.

Cons

None at this time for cons.

"A Shell of Its Former Self"

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

LivePerson's people are the company's greatest asset. They are some of the most dedicated, passionate, and committed people in the industry. There is always someone volunteering to help and people really do take ownership and drive for a common core goal. Some of the greatest friends I’ve made have been through my time at LivePerson.

Cons

The downside of LivePerson used to be minimal but as the company has evolved over the years, the alignment of what customers want and what the company can provide continues to erode. The company continues to reinvent itself through reorganization and most recently, redundancies. Leadership cannot seem to find a winning strategy so focus moves on, with another reinvention or change in direction, which compromises trust and chips away at client relationships through unreliability. Clients are churning, employees are leaving (long tenured people have recently been caught up in redundancies in alarming numbers), communication is erratic, and sales have been poor for years. Senior leadership feels unapproachable and HR is not supportive. Speaking up in disagreement has incurred increasing negative consequence with leadership giving off an impression of delicacy when it comes to questioning their motives or actions.

The product has promise and big industry players seems to be excited by what it can offer. Speed of execution has been historically marred by lack of understanding around what clients really need. Documentation and technical guides are improving, as is their accessibility. The new core product has compromised Enterprise relationships due to lack of initial feature/functionality, which is catching up through releases and innovation.

Culture at LivePerson used to be a focus. A team used to specifically drive it. Those people were either let go or have moved on and there is no sense of culture cultivation. Each office and each individual person contributes to the culture but when it's not coming from the top down, the sense of community gets lost. Global senior leaders who visited local offices will often ignore the non-leader employees, which is completely against the grain of the 'making meaningful connections' core value they like to promote.

Pay is all over the map. They’ve recently hired many more junior employees in an attempt to create a career trajectory and so that they can pay junior rates and work them just as hard. Many employees are coming out of colleges and universities, which is a great foot in the door, but there is also the expectation of professionalism and tact with no specific training in place to help them achieve that. Good people are leaving because the financial reward is low and promotion is slow.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and be attentive to their needs. Be generous with your attention and with office amenities. Pay them well as when you take care of your employees, they will organically take care of the clients. Recognize that there are people who care about LivePerson's success just as much as you do. They work long. They work hard. Those people should be acknowledged and not just marginalized as a faceless line item on a spreadsheet. LivePerson used to care about the individual. That no longer seems to be the case.

4. "Best company I've ever worked for!"

I worked at LivePerson full-time

Pros

Competitive pay, realistic expectations, support from upper management is outstanding.

Cons

None at the moment.

5. "Awesome Culture!"

Current Employee - Managed Services in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Managed Services in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Alpharetta office is a great place to work! They offer higher than typical time off days and go so far as to cater in lunch for the entire office every Friday! I love the open concept office space, free food items in the kitchen and the friendly co-workers. There is a family feel here unlike other more 'corporate' places I have worked. Dress code is relaxed and there is a clear investment in employee satisfaction.

Cons

I do not have any cons

Advice to Management

More opportunities for advancement and mentoring programs to help people get the experience they need to get there.

"Good place to work, needs some slight improvement"

I have been working at LivePerson full-time

Pros

Definitely good environment, benefits, flexibility. Lots of room to grow within the organization if that's what you want - but no pressure if you're happy as you are.

Cons

There's the usual issues you may expect of an office environment in general, but this specific company has poor management of its incoming campaigns. Projects
     might be in the pipeline for months, but those it affects are often kept in the dark about them until just before the launch date. This usually means everyone needs to scramble and it's not top quality - we're cut off at the legs before we get a chance. There needs to be set, regimented, and enforced organization of how new campaigns come through.

7. "Good for a part time job"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at LivePerson part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can find smaller projects.
    Easy interface

Cons

-- First got half of my reviews disappeared *due to migration from Liveperson to PrestoExperts* then later profile got banned for no particular reasons
    -- High commission amounts
    -- Expert Profile approval is very difficult

"Positive Outlook"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people work here. Everyone works toward a common goal leading and the company has been successful as a result. There are a lot of opportunities to advance and senior management is very hands-on.

Cons

Having a more flexible remote working policy would be something I would like to see improve.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. The migrations are done. Growth has returned as a result.

"Managed Services CCP"

Current Employee - CCP in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - CCP in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress, laxed work environment, food on Fridays, close to the mall and eateries, good pay

Cons

Your hours and days off can be changed on a whim. One weeks notice is not enough notice to have to adjust one's entire life.
    KPIs are constantly changing and we are expected to perform like robots.
    Nobody to escalate concerns to. Warned not to go to HR.
    We receive emails one day telling us how great we are doing and then the next day or so we are in the "red."
    Morale recently at an all time low because many of us feel belittled and demeaned by higher ups.
    Constant inaccuracies in the data that is reported to us.

Advice to Management

How about you take multiple chats at once while juggling MTCs and let us know if the KPIs are accurate and attainable.
    Listen to staff. Contractors and permanent staff should be heard without retaliation.

"Avoid Managed Services by all Means"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible benefits, outgoing supervisors, decent pay for the industry, great place to work (but not in managed services department)

Cons

-Incentives are given to pacify us and keep us from complaining. Nobody cares for the incentives that are given (gift cards/video games). We'd much prefer comp time, a holiday off, or to work from home.
    -Work 364 days out the year and now a request has been put forth for us to work Christmas as well which is the only holiday that we have had off historically.
    -Penalized in the form of an occurence/point system for using sick time (PTO).
    -Mentally draining trying to use the software which puts out inaccurate data half of the time. The data is then used to write you up even if it is wrong.
    -Non-beneficial meetings/focus groups are held. We just sit there and get talked down to. We are seen but not heard.
    -No mobility in the department.
    -Race and age discrimination which nobody wants to talk about out of fear of retaliation.

Advice to Management

Don't use fear tactics to prevent employees from reporting concerns to HR. There are always other platforms and avenues where we can be heard.
    Stop hiring people just because they know someone in the business. We are hiring people that are hired based off of connections- not skill set.