LivePerson Reviews

Updated Apr 29, 2021

3.5
LivePerson Chairman and CEO Robert P. LoCascio
Robert P. LoCascio
Pros
  • "Great people worked there, fun culture(in 47 reviews)

• "Great office layout, no cubicles, open work environment, grab your laptop and work anywhere if desired(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Most mid-to-upper upper management are former Amazon executives(in 16 reviews)

• "I think we could do better with the work life balance(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Terrific Company

Apr 27, 2021 - Legal
      Business Outlook

Pros

Genuinely cares about employees, and actually lives its values.

Cons

Would like to meet co-workers face to face sometime.

Expert Engineering Team

Thanks for taking the time to write this review! The Company is testing different ways to bring us together, safely, as we reimagine the future of work.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team, great coworkers, and great work-life balance

Feb 23, 2021 - Data Scientist II in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am in the data science team at LivePerson. Our team has a great friendly culture and my team members are very knowledgable in data science (NLP), software engineering, or math. We have a range of projects in NLP and people can do what they think would make an impact. We usually have enough time for each task, and we are not under too much work pressure. People here care about each other's life besides work, and we support each other. We have good 401k plan, insurance, and other benefits.

Cons

We have made some new hires and plan to hire more, and the management structure may subject to change. Also, the product release cycle might be slower than big companies like Amazon, but we are improving on this.

Expert Engineering Team

Thank you so much for this truly thoughtful review and are thrilled to hear you are thriving at LivePerson. We are so incredibly proud of our data scientists and the incredible work you are doing to transform our own business operations and that of our customers. We simply wouldn't be able to solve the hard problems we are tackling without you.

3. 5.0

I love this company

Feb 10, 2021 - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Normally the reality of a company sets in after 6-9 month on the job and its been 2 and a half years since I've started at LivePerson. The culture is the most supportive and positive place I've ever worked in my career. If you do the best and right thing for our customers, the efforts are rewarded and noticed. Team members and leadership at all levels support you through any challenges you may have with clients. The company moved to all remote last year and support all employee through the transition with whatever was needed. I dread to think of having to go back into an office. Give LivePerson a serious look for your next opportunity.

Cons

I have absolutely no complaint in this company.

Expert Engineering Team

No cons? I like to hear that :) Thanks for sharing this review. I hope that you continue to thrive at LivePerson!

4. 1.0

Does Not Pay Employees

Apr 29, 2021 - Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to work from home.

Cons

When working in sales, commission plays a big part in salary and pay. This company goes months withholding earned commission with no explanation. When the issue is pushed, employees are told to look for another job if they are unhappy by the higher ups.

3 people found this review helpful

Expert Engineering Team

As a publicly traded, 25-year old technology company, we have well-documented policies regarding our commission policies and compensation structure. All employee compensation abides by these documented policies. We wish you the best.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Bad experience for my first SaaS company (2019)

Mar 30, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Meet a coworker who become a good friend after not being there. You can survive here if you are delt the right deck of cards and know how to deal with toxic environments.

Cons

Horrible ramp up time with no training on product or persona. Upper leadership hired inexperience manager. Prospecting style is spray and pray and spam your market. Half the people who I started with are no longer there and very low tenture rate among the sales. hard to reach quota based on random numbers. Dashboard and KPI heavy driven leadership

1 person found this review helpful

Expert Engineering Team

I can't speak to your experience when you worked here a few years ago, but LivePerson puts an incredible amount of time and effort into our sales enablement to ensure our teams are set up for success. I hope that you are doing well on your journey.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Smart, friendly colleagues and flexible culture

Feb 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people! LivePerson seems to hire people who are both very smart and very easy to get along with. Everyone works toward the same goals. The workplace culture is very solid, with flexibility for the pandemic world we are living in and lots of group activities to join if you want to feel connected. You get to work on a hot new sub-field of AI that is only growing in importance, and LivePerson makes sure you have the opportunity to learn more about it even if it's not part of your day-to-day job.

Cons

Fast pace and expansion into lots of new areas has upsides and downsides

Expert Engineering Team

Great to hear your feedback -- it's really helpful to get the perspectives from LPers still early in their journey! I hope you continue to enjoy the ride!

7. 5.0

Fast Paced & Exciting Company

Mar 11, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in Hartford, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative, Exciting, Team Atmosphere, Face Paced, Caring, Sharing, Spectacular Corporate Culture

Cons

If you do not like Faced Paced or working in a real team environment you would not like this company.

Expert Engineering Team

Fast paced, indeed! I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I hope you continue to enjoy your LivePerson journey!

8. 5.0

Doing cool things

Mar 20, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, fast paced work environment, strong growth

Cons

Growing pains, layoffs, hard to work with the global team

Expert Engineering Team

Thank you for writing this review! As our team continues to grow and we settle into our "be from anywhere" work life, we will continue to develop frameworks and provide resources for thriving in our environment. Best of luck to you.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, but a bit of a let-down with the WFH perks and response to burnout.

Mar 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gave us more days to take off, but no one has time to.

Cons

More time-off and a one-time $1K stipend for office equipment is all that we received.

Expert Engineering Team

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Our comprehensive benefits and rewards process is designed to attract and retain top talent. We continue to evolve our internal frameworks, processes and resources to support our "be from anywhere" work culture, and as I'm sure you're aware we have even created a dedicated team focused on reimagining our future of work. We view "perks" as more than financial rewards and generous vacation time, of which we have plenty — as a Company we invest heavily in creating foundations for a strong, inclusive, async culture and an innovation-driven environment that offers flexibility and the ability to achieve great things.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

Mar 13, 2021 - Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work on innovative projects

Cons

a couple of legacy systems, still in transformation

Expert Engineering Team

We are always in innovation-mode at LivePerson! Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I hope you continue to enjoy your journey at the company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 468 Reviews