LivePerson Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

207.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=LivePerson~11463
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of LivePerson and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good place to work and grow

May 18, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Potential to grow platform Good benefits Good technology Good management

Cons

Stay focused on execution. Need to build cloud platform. Automation needed. Accountability among teams.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good people, poor focus, lack of trust.

May 9, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm fortunate to work with a group of employees, peers, and managers that I truly enjoy spending my days working with. The company has handled remote, distributed work very effectively over the last couple of years. The Amazon influence at LivePerson leads to strong tech thinking at the company - without some of the same dogma. The opportunities to help major brands and their customers has exciting potential for the company!

Cons

My biggest issue is trust - we've hired amazing engineers across the company, and the top-leadership doesn't trust them to do their best work. Company wide software deployments are shut down for weeks on end if the CEO is talking to a brand. Engineers are burnt-out from being asked to deploy late at night over the weekend. Core systems are left staffed at absolutely sub-minimal levels, while the company chases weird consumer products (Maven Messenger, a Bank, a Health app?) that aren't in our wheelhouse at all. Engineering operation across the company are stuck in the past ("production" and "NOC" teams are completely disconnected from engineering). Layoffs, attrition, and minimal staffing make performance management almost impossible for front-line managers. Despite shrinking stock, and middling performance, I have never seen executive leadership step up and take accountability for the current strategy not working. The CEO seems more committed to being a LinedIn influencer then getting involved with the teams on building good products.

7 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Come work with the greatest people at the leader in Amazing AI & Messaging Solutions

Apr 28, 2022 - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Live Person for almost 4 years and I can truly say this is the best company I've every worked for in my 25 year of employment. The leadership team at LivePerson truly believes about your life outside of work with the most flexible remote working options. Its just simple here. Accomplish your work tasks and goals and make life's priorities the top priority. This is conveyed continuously.

Cons

We did close our offices during Covid and are just now starting to open new work spaces to see coworkers in person again. I miss seeing my coworker, but I do love working remotes in a city where every ride is 1 hour.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

Great people, Great technology, Transparent Leadership

May 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from anywhere, Amazing people to work with, Extra time off provided during Covid, Extra $$ provided to make an office space at home or just improve something within your home office or anything really. Senior Management is transparent and career pathing is a priority. If you have an idea you are encouraged to run with it and are given the support to do that. Cutting edge technology and AI platform that is fun to work with, there's always more to learn. I've worked in many tech companies throughout my career and this is one of the best, I don't know what some other peoples experiences have been but I can speak from myself and those that I've interacted with across all parts of the company and most are very positive....it's really the people that make it such a great place to work, along with there is an emphasis on you taking care of you as well. With the number of free vacation days you're expected to actually take them. There are also many groups that you can join within the company from Women in Tech to Health and Wellness. The company also does a yearly give back campaign in feeding those in NYC for thanksgiving. Giving back to the community is also encouraged.

Cons

There are often a lot of changes that occur as with any tech company I've ever been with, you have to be flexible and roll with it ..some people don't thrive in that type of environment. Last year there was too much emphasis on a niche product vs our core platform that impacted the beginning of the years start.

5. 3.0

Great coworkers, disorganized company

Apr 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Some of the most fun people I've worked with - WFH permanently, never had to go into the WeWork once - Pretty good healthcare - Encouraged by my boss to advance my career

Cons

Being a part of LivePerson right now is like watching a plane crash in slow motion. The CEO is investing in the most random stuff like a health app to test for COVID despite no need for it anymore and a whole BANK? It's a chatbot company, we have no business being in those fields. We have a Chief Coaching Executive for some reason who just gives random "motivational" speeches while the company has layoffs of genuinely enjoyable employees and budget cuts out the wazoo. This company was great to work for but now there is just no light left. On top of that, the company's biggest shareholder left a scathing letter about our poor performance and nothing is being done to address it.

12 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Leadership problem and no user experience value

May 13, 2022 - Product Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many wonderful things about working at LivePerson: working remotely, great pay (similar to other tech companies in the area), extra $$ help for home office, good time-off, and benefits similar to other companies in the area. The people are amazing. The teams are great and the culture is supportive and collaborative to do good work. Because I am an individual contributor, I have wonderful work/life balance. (might not be the same for developers or managers)

Cons

Leadership. Recent cuts and lay offs are a reflection of poor decisions at the executive level investing on other products and initiatives that has nothing to do with our core business. It is hurting the core product. All teams are absolutely under staffed, innovative and customer centric features had been de prioritized due to lack of resources... while the CEO is investing in cripto and health app (seriously!) Also, the leadership promotes a terrible reactive culture, where we build what the customer with most money or that screams louder wants. The constant changing of priorities makes it impossible to deliver meaningful, quality solutions. It is all about delivering quick so we can sell, or make this customer happy. Serious usability issues because LivePerson does NOT value good design and user experience. There is no design system, NONE UX researcher or a team dedicated to accessibility or user experience, like any other tech company that truly cares about our users do. Products look old fashioned, completely inconsistent amongst each other, and there is no planning or desire of improvement in sight, because the lack of interest and support from the executive leadership. For years there have been people trying to educate and show the value of this space but all initiatives go no where. Change will not happen from the bottom up. The executives just dont value good user experience or is willing to invest on that space. I honestly dont see this changing any time soon even with this new investor on the company. They might also want to just cut costs and increase revenue as their goal is just to increase the stock price.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, bad leadership with Layoffs twice a year

Mar 9, 2022 - Sales in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Cool product that customers actually find value in -Great team members -Decent pay

Cons

-Leadership is stuck in the ivory towers- very out of touch, many in the C Suite have little to no experience in what they're doing -CEO is obnoxious and narcissistic and out of touch from the day-to-day business -Company is either severely struggling with money or trying to get people to quit with their new policies to increase their bottom line for investors. -Constant strategy changes which brings stress and then come the layoffs -Every year there are at least 2 rounds of layoffs involving dozens -Last layoff in March 2022 involved 300+ which has left many departments with new people who have no idea what they are doing since they have no one to lean on and their leaders are new too -Processes are antiquated for size & speed of growth of company -Upward mobility is not incentivized. Heavily segmented departments. -If you work here....run. If you’re thinking of applying....run faster

12 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Great balance

Apr 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

LP offers the most advanced work-life balance you can find in the market today. Thanks to the hybrid work model, you can decide when you work from home, when you go to the office, and generally - when and where you work. LP is also a very flat company, so you have the ability to make an impact.

Cons

Salaries can be more competitive. Promotions are usually in your title and scope of work. The flat organizational structure means options to advance up are not that common.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, average company

May 17, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has great perks and a good work/life balance

Cons

Leadership has trouble communicating priorities and company vision

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunities to learn and improve

Apr 27, 2022 - Data Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work-life balance. Have chances to learn and improve.

Cons

Organizational structure is a kind of confusing

Viewing 1 - 10 of 570 Reviews

LivePerson Reviews FAQs

LivePerson has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 595 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at LivePerson to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, LivePerson employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at LivePerson. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

70% of LivePerson employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated LivePerson 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at LivePerson to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with LivePerson Job Seekers