LivePerson Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
LivePerson Chairman and CEO Robert P. LoCascio
Robert P. LoCascio

Pros
  • LivePerson has an amazing culture and great people (in 33 reviews)

• work life balance is good, good product that you can stand behind (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is unrealistic (in 5 reviews)

• Due to high turnover, these folks are rarely around, thus leading to challenging deployments to manage (in 7 reviews)

"Account Executive"

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work life balance is good, good product that you can stand behind.

Cons

Not a lot of different products to sell so it can become a bit monotonous day to day. A lot of pressure from management to hit your monthly goal.

Advice to Management

Less meetings and training's let you people work.

2. "Great culture, wish they would pay better"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, utilizing the cutting edge technologies around, has great vision towards the future with the newly messaging feature. Great culture and benefits.

Cons

Base salary is far from satisfying, sometimes administrative processes (like internal mobility and such) take ages.

Advice to Management

In order to retain the best workers - you have to pay them more.

Jan 3, 2017 – Global People Group

Thank you for taking the time to write this response. We are continually evaluating how we reward and recognize our top performing talent, and are implementing new tools for our employees to better ... More

"Implementation Manager"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good work to life balance, able to work remote

Cons

no higher level advancement unless your in an office.

Advice to Management

you have great remote people with tons of experience, don't just promote others because of their geographic relation to an office. Give remote employees better opportunities.

"Good to be home"

Current Employee - Tech Support in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tech Support in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I joined LivePerson technical support less than a year ago, start was hectic, but very soon I found that employees at LP are generally very motivated and friendly to work with. The company is stable and mature, yet empower people for creativity of a startup. Support management is professional and approachable, head of support brought a constructive environment,push for career development and really care for customer experience.

All in all, a great place to advance your career.

Cons

Majority of technical resources in Tel Aviv cause nightmares. Very hard to consult with technical resources which sometime cause a delay with customers tickets, need more technical resources that work in the office.

Salaries are below market - I think the company can do a better job in recognizing the huge pressure of support team and the value they bring to the company, else people will leave.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. company is on ther right track

Aug 2, 2016 – Global People Group

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to thank you for this insight into what it's like to work at LP. I'm thrilled that you are finding LivePerson to be a great place to grow as a professional and that ... More

"Great People Difficult Vision"

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People - Great Culture - I can say that the group of people that I work with are some of the best I have worked with for a LONG time. The teams you work with are like your 2nd family. The company takes the time to really invest in its culture and encourages charity work etc. I'm very happy to be working for a company that actually does care about the community and those around them. While you will at times depending on position end up working long hours there is also a solid work life balance that I haven't had in years. Others actually respect your after hours times and don't expect answers from you 24/7. I've been able to actually spend after hours time with my family again. enough said there.

Cons

Having the majority of development resources in Tel Aviv causes logistical nightmares. There is also an air of arrogance surrounding product features and this can cause a serious disconnect between what customers are asking for/requiring vs road map discussions. Vision seems to change year over year along with an ever changing sales team which also causes its own set of challenges.

Advice to Management

Ensure you continue to value your people, they truly are what makes LivePerson great.

Ensure that you stay competitive with regards to compensation packages, don't give people a reason to look elsewhere. While compensation isn't the only thing it is A thing that needs to be considered. I suggest looking at providing stock options to the employees on a more regular basis to promote ownership of the overall company welfare.

Ensure you have realistic goals quarter over quarter and that bonus targets are actually attainable and not pie in the sky wishful thinking. It costs a lot more to replace someone than to keep them.

Encourage more inter-team recognition, the yearly all company recognition program is fine but at a lower level this needs to be encouraged. For example, allow Directors to hand out gift cards and other monthly / quarterly awards etc. doesn't have to be high monetary value but just some morale boosting recognition.

Actually listen to your employees with regards to feature functionality requirements as we have more direct contact with customers both within the CS and Sales teams.

May 26, 2016 – Global People Group

First off, we highly value your contributions to the business and for appreciating our culture of meaningful connections with your passionate colleagues. It is always great to hear that our values of ... More

"Program Manager"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Remote, OR

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture of helping others and being an owner. Management is very proactive in making sure employees are treated fairly. Management respects employee's time off and never bothers them with off-duty calls. Adequate PTO including personal and sick days.

Cons

Company lacks a well-defined and executed talent nurturing and career path for employees. Working remotely can make you feel disconnected especially. Quarterly bonus sometimes is paid late and not according to a clear schedule.

Advice to Management

Talent is very expensive to acquire and more so to nurture, therefore and a clear articulation of opportunities and execution must be put in place to nurture current talent rather.

Jan 22, 2016 – Global People Group

It's great to hear that our core values helped make LivePerson a great place to work for you. Advancing our employees' careers and supporting their ability to explore their potential is very ... More

"Great environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, informal and creative. Very engaged and collaborative people.
    A big investment is being made on the new product and new data technologies. Product offered is good and it has potential to bring great results.

Cons

Several organizational changes happened in the past years that don't really make sense. Several management layers that are not needed.
    Product and R&D need to speed up things to keep up with competitors.
    Managers are not really worried about employee training and development.

9. "Great company, lots of changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson (More than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance is great, co-workers are smart and mostly easy to work with. Laid-back company culture and atmosphere.

Cons

Constant changes to sales structure and process. Lots of changes to the platform and product. Management sometimes not receptive to employee ideas.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more. Gain better understanding of the overall product and what each department does.

Sep 14, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for the review. We have recently implemented a new employee feedback process courtesy of our parent company, LivePerson, that is working well.

"The culture is what makes me want to stay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to be. You can choose to run with the crowd or stand out - if you do stand out - you get noticed. I don't have that awful feeling in the morning - like Ugh, I have to go to work again....

Cons

Lots of change happening. But... change can be a good thing. Time will tell

Advice to Management

Keep the faith - Keep bleeding orange...

Oct 20, 2015 – Global People Group - Director, Employee Experience

Happy to hear that you look forward to starting work in the mornings - such a positive way to start your day! Yes, change is a constant for a company like ours and it's wonderful that you are able ... More

11. "Good Company overall"

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cares about employees.
    Great benefits (profit sharing, health, dental, life, retirement, bonuses).
    Convenient location.
    Management very open.

Cons

Growth is relatively slow within certain departments.
    Policies for larger client accounts differ heavily from smaller clients, causing extra stress on team members.
    Consistent monitoring can have detrimental effects on customer service.

Advice to Management

Overall, I would make clear directives for those who are interested in growth and development. It seems that many positions are limited to a particular department or a tangential department. Look into reducing the required time to remain in a position before being able to post out.