LivePerson Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
LivePerson Chairman and CEO Robert P. LoCascio
Robert P. LoCascio

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Promising future, great people, great technologies (in 35 reviews)

• work life balance is good, good product that you can stand behind (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Production problems happen around the clock, which is very frustrating and spoils your work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• When I meet with my manager, he always point the finger at "upper management" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great"

Pros

great keep up the good work

Cons

none none none none none

2. "LP rocks"

Current Employee - Tier1 Tech Support in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Tier1 Tech Support in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment , flexibility with hours and workload

Cons

Not the highest pay on the market

Jul 31, 2017 – Global People Group

Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at LivePerson. We hope we can continue to support your career growth.

3. "Huge potential with leading ENT solution"

Current Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bright future ahead, time of creation and Innovation.
    • Fun - This specific time is the most fun I’ve had in my career, took the legacy platform out. ; we have a blast working together
    • Challenging - we’ve got a lot of super smart people at Liveperson and they love how much they’re challenged with new things to figure out - rarely a dull moment ,you can absolutely sense how much everyone rallies around being part of building something great
    • Leadership - we have many talented leaders in this company, truly a special blend of intelligent, high character and determined people hope no more changes in leadership pace.
    • Team - Tech support is an amazing combination of super talented, committed, helpful and engaged people that truly operates as a team and hold this vision establishment. Introduction of a new platform will raise or fall on Tech support.

Cons

Under paid, support team need to be more in the center and provide vital feedback on stability, quality and value. not there yet. The team must get more resources.
    The connection btw field and product house need to be changed. it's a key

Advice to Management

Stay solid, listen to the engineers, and get new deals in!

Jul 31, 2017 – Global People Group

Thank you for your feedback. It is certainly exciting times at LivePerson, as we do nothing short of change the way the world communicates with the largest brands in the world. Constantly innovating... More

4. "Digital Engagement Specialist"

Current Employee - Digital Engagement Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Digital Engagement Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great culture, people and place

Cons

difficult to move up in the comapny

Advice to Management

better communication with in departments

5. "Awesome team awesome people!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone there is not only driven to succeed, but want you to succeed as well. Great sense of community within the office!

Cons

As with any job- some slow days, some days when you can't catch your breath

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The acquisition of CAO was so smooth for all employees, I only wish all acquisitions could go that well!!!

Jan 3, 2017 – Global People Group

Wow, thanks for sharing your positive experiences working at LivePerson-- and I hope you're loving the new Alpharetta office. A lot of care and thought went into bringing CAO into the LivePerson... More

6. "Work hard, play hard - loving it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LivePerson has an amazing culture and great people. They constantly innovate, offer flexible schedules (may vary by dept.), and have competitive benefits.

Cons

Constant innovation means changing priorities and knowledge gaps. The privilege of working at this great company comes with good benefits but slightly lower compensation.

Advice to Management

Departments work very well in their own silos, but interdepartmental relationships need improvement. This will prevent redundant work and increase efficiency overall.

Jan 3, 2017 – Global People Group

I'm glad that you enjoy working at LivePerson! I love to hear when employees are sharing their passion and energy-- it's contagious. Things do move fast here... in fact, we are changing our Achieve... More

7. "Nice Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Work/life balance
    -Benefits
    -People!
    -Vision
    -Job Stability
    -Pride
    -Flexibility
    -Culture
    -Overall great place to work!

Cons

-Lack of teamwork between teams/people - I worked with a different group on every account and sat in an office next to people I didn't work with. Employees who work together need to bond, but it's difficult to even identify who needs to bond with whom when everyone is all over the place.

-More adept employees are 'leaned' on. I can't tell you how many times my phone would ring and it would be a less empowered colleague asking for help. Sometimes it would just a be a newer employee but often it was someone lacking competence in a particular area OR someone whose job description did not give him or her decision making abilities.

Advice to Management

Overall I honestly think they're doing a good job and I'm grateful for my time there!! Also unlike other posters, I always appreciated the CEO for being a visionary with pursuits beyond $$$. The CEO set the tone for a very humane company culture.

Some suggestions:

-As per above, improve teamwork by real team building - people who work together should play together to build rapport. Bonding with people you don't even work with is great, but it is most important to meet and bond with those you work with. Also hotel room sharing is a little lame - there are so many other ways to save money.

-LivePerson is "just a job," albeit a nice one, to a lot of the employees. People who have been there for years, or decades, may claim otherwise but I could always tell the truth through their tones of voice. Their lack of ambition is contagious and thus has a ripple effect on morale, creativity, and employee retention. I can't think of a great solution, my bad, but it definitely requires some brainstorming. Maybe find the old-timers who are still growing and learning as people, then model their behavior. Also pushing hard skill development should be considered. Learning hard skills gives employees pride in who they are as people.

-Hire exec &c mgrs externally and find a way to make it work. LP went through a period of hiring top positions externally and then, after a few failures, gave up because the people didn't understand the company. Bad idea! My advice is to figure out why those hires didn't work and do it differently next time! I worry the place is becoming stale with all the 'life-ers" running the show.

-Lastly, on a positive note, keep the culture that incorporates work/life balance, general sanity, and good benefits. None of that should change! If you want to improve it you should offer an education reimbursement.

Aug 10, 2016 – Global People Group

Thank you for taking the time to deliver such a thoughtful review of your 5+ years at LivePerson. As you know, we put a lot of effort into making LP a great place to work and a place people want to... More

8. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

environment, pay, benefits and working hard pays off. Easy to get promoted if you do your job.

Cons

Can be difficult to get used to an open office environment but very enjoyable once you adjust.

Advice to Management

Stay awesome and keep letting your employees how much you care and appreciate them.

May 25, 2016 – Global People Group

Thank you for your more than three years with us here at LivePerson! I hope you are enjoying your new state-of-the-art digs in Alpharetta-- the office looks amazing. It's true, working in an open... More

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LivePerson is heavily invested in their employees. It's a great place to work if you want to feel empowered and inspired to push yourself for the benefit of your clients and to your internal team. I always felt proud to be a part of LivePerson and I took as many opportunities to learn as I could. I was able to grow in many ways and felt valued by my colleagues and management.

Cons

It's hard to even think of any downsides! I'd say the average age of the employees is getting younger these days, but it's not necessarily a downside.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering, inspiring and believing in your employees. The best thing management can do is trust their employees and always stand behind, support and provide constructive criticism in order to help each person grow.

May 25, 2016 – Global People Group

This review made my day! I'm thrilled that you found your time at LivePerson to be so empowering and that you took advantage of the many opportunities to explore your growth in the midst of so many... More

"Amazing culture, great work environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Prior to joining LivePerson, I touched over 30 companies in 5 years of consulting, and in those companies experienced culture ranging from great to toxic. I was excited when a position came open that fit my skill and experience, and now 5 months in, I can say this is by far the most fantastic work environment I've ever been in. If you like to own your work, help others make their work better, connect with your coworkers and clients in a meaningful way, have your work actually make a difference and be recognized for it, and do all of this without being micromanaged, this is the place for you!

Cons

There needs to be a little more collaboration between product development and customer-facing personnel to ensure that customer tool enhancements strike the balance of relevance, ease of use and functionality.

Oct 20, 2015 – Global People Group - Director, Employee Experience

It sounds like our company's mission and values really resonate with you - fantastic! We also value your direct feedback related to product development and customer staff , and we'll make sure that... More