LivePerson Reviews | Glassdoor

LivePerson Reviews

Updated July 24, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Promising future, great people, great technologies (in 35 reviews)

• work life balance is good, good product that you can stand behind (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Production problems happen around the clock, which is very frustrating and spoils your work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Due to high turnover, these folks are rarely around, thus leading to challenging deployments to manage (in 7 reviews)

"Please don't ignore the reviews like I did."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pizza on Friday. Unlimited water and snacks. Pretty decently stocked fridge. Great benefits. Plenty of time off.

Cons

Let's start with the platform. It sucks. It is completely unstable and while it is beautiful graphically, its unstable and it doesn't offer a lot of things that the older version did. As for culture, (sighs) its fake. It is a crafted production that does not feel like one at first glance, but once you have been there awhile and you see who they really are, you can tell its all scripted. There seems to be different rules for different people. There aren't many women in management and even fewer minority women. It appears that most of them hold the menial positions or ones low on the totem pole. One department in particular seems to fire all of its minorities for what they term as not catching on and making the progress they would like when its actually organizational flaws that make it VERY difficult. There are others who are allowed to do as they please and continue up the path to advancement, while others, seemingly women, are expected to be completely spotless to do anything. The lies that are told in this place are MASSIVE and they are on every level. Management lies to employees about everything, employees lie to clients about platform stability and everyone is going on as if this isnt happening. The company that they have acquired, Contact at Once seems to be something they did just to get what they wanted out of them and I am sure they will be closing them within 2 years. The pay is dismal. I dont know all the departments pay scales specifically, but I know it is a common complaint and judging from the salaries listed here, they are horrible across the board.

Advice to Management

Pay better, hire managers that aren't promoting based on popularity contests

Jan 3, 2017 – Global People Group

I'm sorry that you are not having a positive experience at LivePerson, despite our unlimited water and snacks. I can assure you that we take great strides to advance our high performing employees... More

2. "Awesome team awesome people!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone there is not only driven to succeed, but want you to succeed as well. Great sense of community within the office!

Cons

As with any job- some slow days, some days when you can't catch your breath

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The acquisition of CAO was so smooth for all employees, I only wish all acquisitions could go that well!!!

Jan 3, 2017 – Global People Group

Wow, thanks for sharing your positive experiences working at LivePerson-- and I hope you're loving the new Alpharetta office. A lot of care and thought went into bringing CAO into the LivePerson... More

3. "Work hard, play hard - loving it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LivePerson has an amazing culture and great people. They constantly innovate, offer flexible schedules (may vary by dept.), and have competitive benefits.

Cons

Constant innovation means changing priorities and knowledge gaps. The privilege of working at this great company comes with good benefits but slightly lower compensation.

Advice to Management

Departments work very well in their own silos, but interdepartmental relationships need improvement. This will prevent redundant work and increase efficiency overall.

Jan 3, 2017 – Global People Group

I'm glad that you enjoy working at LivePerson! I love to hear when employees are sharing their passion and energy-- it's contagious. Things do move fast here... in fact, we are changing our Achieve... More

"Not Long Now"

I worked at LivePerson full-time

Pros

I did have the opportunity to work with some great people here but they are seeing the writing on the wall and beginning the exodus so this may not even be a true statement soon.

Cons

Their new platform is a half baked product that has been "in development" for years and is even now lacking in the tools and features customers ask for. New pivot to messaging vs. traditional chat is the right play but far too late in the game, offerings from Facebook, Google, and other tech giants will quickly put this overpriced player in the rear view mirror. Management is amateurish at best and clearly delusional in it's optimism which is evident by the lagging stock price and posting the largest year over year loss in the last quarter earnings report. Over the last couple of years the largest customers continue to leave and there are none coming in the door.

Advice to Management

Thrown in the towel and take the next buyout offer you get you don't have the horsepower to compete anymore.

Jan 3, 2017 – Global People Group

As a tech company that has continued to evolve and lead its space for 20+ years, it's inevitable that new employees will come on board with the skill sets to lead our company. For those who want to... More

"A good place to work if you are not ambitious"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LivePerson really does have an amazing culture. The people are mostly very friendly and kind, and you will make great friends here. The offices are beautiful, the snacks are more than decent, and the People group has put a lot of effort into making LivePerson a "hip" place to work. Work-life balance here is also excellent most of the time.

Cons

The product is awful. There is a huge disconnect between the product development team and everyone else, and they are very difficult to work with (not least because of the time difference). There will be very little room to grow in your career here. If you have no desire to move up in your career, this will be a good place for you. Compensation is not even close to market rate, but benefits are decent.

Advice to Management

Make better software. Reign the CEO in.

"The Company of the Future! (And Always Will Be...)"

Pros

Culture: Very inspiring, connected culture program - from onboarding to employee engagement. I know it was one of the reasons I joined.
    Environment: Unique, trendy office spaces, with lots of snacks, free lunch on Friday (mostly pizza), an an in office gym with daily yoga or fitness classes.
    People: Commited, helpful, smart coworkers who undoubtedly will become your friends (unless you're lame or just a jerk). And alumni stay connected and care about people, culture, and company
    Product: Easy to use and deploy technology, and an amazing creative team to promote it
    Management: The founder/CEO is a long-time tech leader and has a great "overcoming adversity" story

Sounds too good to be true? It is...

Cons

Culture: That culture I spoke of is lived by a few, but faked by senior management. It's a "do as I say, not as I do" kinda place. In lieu of a great company, they've designed a unique culture as a differentiator. Sometimes it does feel genuine, but often you can feel how artificial it truly is. Sad.
    Environment: Again, some aspects of the office are just for show, like a hammock that no one has used for more than 10 seconds. Again, these are carrots to give people in lieu of better pay or rewarding work.
    People: There are a sizable number of people who know how to work the system and really don't do anything. Maybe this is a Pro for some people, but if you're one of the people actually working, it's a morale killer. The result is extremely high turnover, where the hardworking, ambitious people leave, and clever, yet lazy people stay (no offense, I commend you all on your ability to navigate the system with as little effort as possible, but come on - you know I'm right)
    Product: The product has be eclipsed by competitors and is way behind on getting very basic features. It's also now so niche, that it's hard to get people to pay a premium for such a small scope of functionality. Looks cool though. Wish it did more stuff.
    Management: Micromangement and nepotism is rampant. If you work on a project the CEO is interested in, your life will be hell, you'll never do it the way he wants it, and you should basically count your days in the company. Also, there is no transparency, so gossip serves as the only effective means of communication.
    The company is truly bipolar, and can go from an amazingly positive to a frighteningly negative atmosphere in an instant. Fun!

Advice to Management

If you had read any of these, things would have changed. But they haven't. So you haven't. So here goes.
    Management responsibility: What's best for the business? Making Rob famous or making money? Stop wasting money on useless consumer marketing campaigns and focus on where you can get revenue. From businesses!
    Corporate strategy: Ever hear of Stripe? They're not a household name, but provide much of the payment infrastructure for lots of big digital players (look 'em up). LivePerson should be "Stripe for Messaging", providing the backbone of the messaging world. About 15 former employees have suggested this, but instead, you try to be the "Savior of Consumers" or something. In the meantime, Twilio has taken that idea and ran with it. And made lots of money. It's not too late dummies.
    Leadership: As a shareholder, I think it's time for a change. Rob wants his company to live forever, but it's not his company anymore. It's the shareholders' company, and should have probably been sold 10 years ago. I don't trust him to be objective if that opportunity comes up again, so the board should put someone in that position that can run the company without the emotional attachment. Sorry - I know it's your baby, but it's true.
    I should probably become a consultant so you can pay me a quarter million to take 6 months to find all these things, but consider this the best free advice you ever got. (You're welcome)

"Implementation Manager"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good work to life balance, able to work remote

Cons

no higher level advancement unless your in an office.

Advice to Management

you have great remote people with tons of experience, don't just promote others because of their geographic relation to an office. Give remote employees better opportunities.

"Great people, misguided company"

Former Employee - Accountant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Accountant in New York, NY

Pros

The environment has since changed but, years prior, it was a fun, fulfilling place to work; It's been years since I've worked there but I still maintain great friendships from there. The biggest pro is the office is really cool and they have a keg.

Cons

To continue from my "pro", the environment is no longer one what it used to be. Its so bad that they are using photos from when I worked there (and from their former location) in ads for current job postings. There was almost no internal promotion in many of the departments, the company laid off 3 pregnant employees during my time there (which I'm sure is illegal) and it felt like the company objective changed all the time; the CEO would leave for months at a time and come back and expect everyone to drop what they were doing and go with the new line.

Advice to Management

The stock price has been in the tank for years which would signal to anyone that there's time for some big changes on the board and executive management but they never change - they let the CEO do whatever and as long as that happens, they will continue to stay stagnant.

"Feedback"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

I worked at LivePerson (More than a year)

Pros

good employee engagement and collaboration

Cons

No cons to mention for company

"Good Company at an inflection point"

I have been working at LivePerson full-time

Pros

flexible work environment, lots of good people working here

Cons

out of touch product team leads to issues where the product doesn't meet customer's requirements

Advice to Management

Our product is a comity, we need to adjust our strategy to reflect this