Found 111 of over 776 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about LivePerson? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with LivePerson employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Most people are great and fun to work with" (in 103 reviews)
- "Good benefits and Company events" (in 47 reviews)
- "LIvePerson has a great culture grounded in the core values of helping others and being an owner." (in 41 reviews)
- "Pay is good for most part" (in 22 reviews)
- "good work/life balance" (in 18 reviews)
- "Bad management and low quality technology stack." (in 35 reviews)
- "Lack of organization and vision from executive leadership." (in 28 reviews)
- "Poorly managed company including the CEO who is uninspiring and hasn’t been able to articulate to the employees the vision or company strategy" (in 26 reviews)
- "Salary is low" (in 21 reviews)
- "It will all seem too good to be true at first, then you realize there is no order in any processes and constant reorganizations (aka layoffs)." (in 18 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of LivePerson and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "great people"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Feb 26, 2022Sales Development ManagerCurrent EmployeePittsburg, CA
Good pay, benefits, etc. Great people and fun to work at.
Organization needs a bit more comms between departments for a more efficient business model
- 5.0Jan 16, 2014Software DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsRaanana
Very innovative. Ever changing. Great people and a fast pace. Lots of opportunities to expand and develop. Leader in their field
Difficulty in closing down old legacy services Not always aligned with customer requests Future plans are almost always based on vision but not with customer assistance
- 1.0Oct 22, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearAlpharetta, GA
Good pay for the type of work. Good benifits. Overall pros to be honest seem really good if your just starting your career. Alot of nice people and some good management.
Not really a whole lot of cons. The reason for a one star. Is there training and focuses on there employees. Since they were bought out by liveperson inc. There overall quality has shrunk. You have to take chats by auto dealers and every week management will send a new email with all changes to how you are to address them. Keep in mind these changes take effect immediately without training. They expect you to have a whatever quality score there team leads have had per month. For a career minded individual stay away its a sink whole for labor. Again there are alot of good things you can say for the company, but dont get comfortable. Take it for what it is a good income with no future. You can be top of the class multiple runner up for employee of the month and forget a period here and there and still be let go. This job is great for people who need a income and dont want anything else. I hope this honest review will shed lite on some of the fake reviews put on here witch are noticed by the wording the manager said to me. Good luck guys. Great concept bad judgement of standards and relationships. If a auto dealer gets mad be aware you will be blamed even if you rarely make a hiccup6LivePerson Response8y
Thanks for your review and constructive advice.
- 4.0May 30, 2020Data ScientistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearTel Aviv-Yafo
LivePerson is a great place if you want to work on vast amount of data with very smart people. Sr. management are very sensitive to the the needs of the employees. Salary and benefits are great.
Frequent reorganisation is frustrating. The same goes with OpEx.LivePerson Response4y
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are proud to offer our data scientists a playground of world-class data -- looking forward to seeing what you and your team do next!
- 4.0Oct 6, 2022Enterprise Customer Success ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearOverland Park, KS
The people that work there are absolutely great! There is great camaraderie and a lot of people willing to help however they can.
They hired way too many people at the end of 2021/beginning of 2022 and subsequently had a massive layoff in September 2022. Also, there is way too much red tape internally for getting things done. There are too many people concerned with whether it is their responsibility to do something rather than just serving the needs of the customer. Worrying about these sorts of immaterial matters makes it really difficult to please the customer and get them what they need in a timely fashion. Also, there is just way too much movement in upper management and a general lack of direction within the company.5LivePerson Response10mo
Thanks for your feedback! We’re so happy to read that you had such a good experience with the people at LivePerson. One of our values is Help Others which means we advocate for others and proactively engage to make a difference so it’s great to read that people were living and demonstrating that. We really appreciate you leaving your thoughts - both positive and negative. We are making a more mindful effort to listen to employees so feedback like yours is helpful as we look to learn more about ourselves and how we can grow. Thanks The LP people team.
- 4.0Apr 30, 2020DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
- Plenty of fun (and very intelligent) people at the company - Great industry to be in - Great pitstop for your career - lots of people come here and leave for great companies - Regular updates from leadership are nice to hear - Office updates and activities helped me find some really good friends at the company
- They don't even try to hide the nepotism, which makes people feel "stuck" and contributes to low morale - Lots of bodies that don't contribute to much from the nepotism - Work-life balance is difficult to find, and much of upper management do not respect it - Many managers lead out fo fear rather than encouragement and praise - Acts like a startup claiming to "sprint" toward goals but there's enough red tape here to round the globe – very difficult to get anything off the ground3LivePerson Response4y
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write this review -- it’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your time here at LivePerson and your appreciation for the internal communication and from our leadership team. It's also good to hear that our employees are finding value in the resources created to help keep everyone connected, productive and happy during these challenging days. You can have a full career at LivePerson, and continually learn and grow - this IS a great company (Fast Company agrees, having named LivePerson to its “Most Innovative Companies 2020” list)!
- 2.0May 29, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Comp and benefit are good. Most people are great and fun to work with Creative team is awesome
Except the CEO/Founder all the rest of the company is on the move constantly. VPs, directors, managers, employees, are all on the move. Re-organizations are frequent (remember it's the con part) HR is the worst I had ever seen Product group is always occupied with doing nothing Too many meetings in general. Growth through M&A is a disaster (look.io, amadesa, kasamba, nuconomy) - except amadesa that brought some value to the company through people.2
- 4.0Sep 25, 2014Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
The people are all great and really encouraging. The work from home policy is a nice to have but unless you are a work from home employee, it's not really encouraged.
1. Disorganization- It can be good and bad- it allows you to take the initiative for changes you want to see, but as is true with most big companies, everybody is always waiting for the approval from upper management which can stagnate things before any changes are ever actually made. 2. Turnover- There is A LOT of turnover because the job description is constantly changing. I don't know about sales but it seems they are consistent. One day you have one boss, the next day that person leaves and somebody else wants to change the department and it becomes a domino effect. Change is good but too much change will stop you from ever mastering anything. 3. Compensation - The pay for some of the employees is decent but for others, it's really at the lower market value at best. Especially for all the work that needs to be put in, at least the bonuses should be higher. Unless you are coming in with a higher salary requirement, if you move up in the company, they aren't going to increase your salary significantly, even if you're moving into a Project Manager role.
- 4.0Jan 7, 2020Account ExecutiveFormer Employee
Awesome coworkers, positive energy, good work/life balance, management were good people. The company makes a really strong effort to take care of its people and they have a great vision of what they want to achieve.
Lots of confusion about the product's capabilities and what we can actually offer as a basic package without massive custom engineering. Everyone was new at the same time, which meant everyone wasn't sure what they were doing and it was hard to learn quickly/ move efficiently. Tried to grow a bit faster than they could keep up with, and training wasn't strong enough. As nice as it is to think the managers are nice people, it hasn't been quite enough to create the structure and foundation needed to build/grow at the rate they want and everyone really learn how to succeed.1
- 4.0Jan 14, 2021Software DeveloperFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsTel Aviv-Yafo
the people there are great
new management practically ruined the placeLivePerson Response3y
We appreciate you taking the time to complete this review and your time at LivePerson. I'm not quite sure what "management" you are referring to, but we put every effort into maintaining our great work culture for top talent.