Livefyre Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Livefyre Founder & CEO Jordan Kretchmer
Jordan Kretchmer

1. "Great Company! Phenomenal people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Livefyre full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Incredibly cool and fun product
    - Warm family(like) environment
    - Honest and direct communication between departments and management to staff
    - Stunning office, beautiful rooftop deck, close to all methods of transportation
    - Scrappy and positive outlook by team members
    - Kitchen rivals Whole Foods in its food, coffee and snack options

Cons

- Normal day to day start- up struggles, with too many things to do and not enough time in the day.
    - Needs a more concise plan for career paths and advancement

Advice to Management

It breaks my heart to read some of the scathing reviews. I have personally not had one day in the year and a half working at Livefyre when I didn't look forward to going to work, or did not have a least a few belly laughs with my co-workers. Reading the comments about our CEO, Jordan as a "sociopath" are beyond ridiculous and words that I find offensive. He's young, optimistic and cares deeply for his employees. Is every decision made perfect? Of course not. Does he claim ownership when that happens? Absolutely. All companies big or small have growing pains and hiccups. All. Of. Them. Take a moment to read the biography of Steve Jobs and the plethora of issues that Apple faced as well as some of the tyranical behavior Jobs exhibited. To call someone a sociopath is to imply a lack of empathy and ill will. I have not seen any of that from our exec team.
    My advice to management is the same advice I would give anyone. Try to be 10% better tomorrow than you were today and it's all an upward trajectory.

"The Rocketship still has plenty of fuel in it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Amazing work environment hyper collaborative work space with amazing and smart people that are on the cutting edge. Management is all on the same page and synergizing to position this company to do many more great things! Livefyre is loaded and ready to grow into the next phase! Hang on to your seats!

Cons

Some of the perks are slightly below what other SaaS startups provide like unlimited PTO, etc. Would be nice to see the company step up and get in with everyone else when it comes to perks.

Advice to Management

Continue the upward trajectory, keep your employees involved with the growth of the company. Continue to think outside the box and keep thinking of ways to attract and retain top talent.

"Great team, great work, great company"

Current Employee - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Livefyre (More than a year)

Pros

When I was hired at Livefyre, I was making a big career direction. I was a bit apprehensive but after being here for over a year, I can honestly say that I have done the best work of my life and made the right decision. Livefyre has given me so many opportunities to excel in career goals such as working with international clients and traveling to those clients; working with high end brands that "get it" when it comes to internet/website/consumer marketing; expanding my skill set as a relationship manager both internally and externally; and lastly, just having a ton of fun with a group of people that make me want to come into work instead of finding it a chore. I feel listened to as a contributing member of my team. I also feel like they've offered me the compensation that I deserve for the work I've put in including added bonuses for overtime or going above and beyond my duties. The benefits are the best that I have had in my professional life. The company perks are fun and great. But most of all, it has been quite a fun, enriching year, and it was mostly certainly the right direction my career needed to take.

Cons

They are a start-up company in their adolescent phase which mean company direction, goals and standards can change rather abruptly. This truly is a start up company so a person needs to be flexible, amiable, and adaptable to change.
    This is also a company that expects you to be vocal and persistent about the things you need. You need to be rather self-sufficient and willing to take the initiative. While everyone does work as a team, you need to be a self-starter to thrive here.

Advice to Management

Management has been great at working at improving one piece of business at a time; however, sometimes at the expense of another department. Understanding there is a lot of things to do in a rapidly growing and thriving startup, working on one piece of the business at a time can be costly to others. A better management of all divisions and their needs is the next growth step that needs to be taken.

"Great in the Beginning..."

Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Livefyre full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The 'worker bees' of the company were amazing, hard working individuals. Creative. Thoughtful. Caring. Beautiful place to work. Comfort. Great places to allow for focused work. Great food that is healthy and not junk. Fun events through out the year. The customers/clients of Livefyre are some of the largest companies in the world, and the chance to work with them is fantastic. Great benefits. Very dynamic platform, with lots of use cases and potential.

Cons

At the time of my departure, most of executive team is detached from the rest of company. There are a few Execs that really care. They seem to be making change in their departments and working to help others... but the change was slow or not occurring.

Advice to Management

Consider each employees as an asset and not expendable with the idea that you can hire someone to replace them. Loosing talent, knowledge, and passion is costly. Each person that leaves should be reflected upon and when feedback is provided, take it seriously instead of dismissing dozens of employees leaving. People care about Livefyre and they want to be treated fairly.

6. "Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great Company to work. Everyone is so energetic!

Cons

The company is expanding so fast that you dont know everyone in the company.

7. "5 of the best years of my life."

Former Employee - Director, Customer Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Director, Customer Operations in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Livefyre full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I had a bunch of people who truly cared for me, and that I will always truly care for. I had people give me a shot when nobody else seemed to want to. And not just a, "oh, we feel sorry for that poor guy...here, sit in a corner, handle this mundane task, don't screw anything up, and we'll pay you a bit." It was a very BIG shot, one that has laid an incredible foundation for my career, and one that I thank the good Lord above for very often. I have people who are still interested and invested in my success, even after I've moved on. There will always be an indescribable amount of love and appreciation for my time with Livefyre. Through 5 years of crazy start-up life, I gained new family members.

What more do I need to say?

Oh I guess I could say one more thing. The health benefits are incredible.

I caught a pretty gnarly case of rhabdomyolysis after an endurance event and was admitted to the hospital for several days. The amount it cost in total, and the amount I'm actually paying after insurance is borderline comical. So, the medical benefits are legit, if you were wondering.

Cons

I will always mourn the death of Free Willy Fridays. Those things were absolutely magical in their prime, but no Orcinus orca lives for ever. Not even my man Willy. Ask the OGs that witnessed it in its heyday, though. It was the real deal.

With that said, it is my conviction that Waffle Wednesday will always be magical, though. Holly's waffle game is strong.

Advice to Management

Same as it always has been: play on, playa.

"Rocket Ship is Taking Off!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Livefyre full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Livefyre for several months now and have intentionally held off on leaving this review to give the company a thorough amount of time on which to base this review.

In short, I actually really love coming to work everyday. In the last several months, senior leadership has brought on a new sales leader and product leader. Both of these people are AMAZING! And, they just brought on a CMO that everyone is really excited about. The right leadership team is in place; I truly believe that.

The people at Livefyre are great. Across the board, everyone is just really nice. Yes, very smart, blah blah, but the fundamental piece for me is how nice, respectful and team oriented folks are. And, I've found management to be highly approachable and easy and enjoyable to be around.

The product is amazing. The marketplace loves it, it's fun and strategic to talk about and the roadmap is out of control amazing.

In summary, I just thoroughly enjoying working at this company.

Cons

We are too male heavy in sales and engineering.

Advice to Management

You guys have done a lot in the last 5 months to change the culture and get this rocket ship going again. My applause for that! Keep up the transparency, accessibility, focus and inter-department interaction.

"Well hey I love it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Livefyre full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First of all I will say that I am writing this review of my own accord and not because I was pressured to by anyone here, which seems to be a common rumor that people seem to enjoy touting. I love coming to work every day. I know I can't speak for everyone here in sharing this sentiment, but to have this feeling every day having worked here for over a year, it's not a trivial thing, and I know very few people in my life who are lucky enough to be able to say this. Having dogs in the office sure doesn't make us unique but hey it's fun and makes a crappy day that much less crappier. The people are quirky and awesome. Also smart. Sure there are a few who I could probably do without interacting with on a day to day basis, but in what ideal bubble world does everyone get along.

Cons

Better communication across departments on all things is probably the biggest most consistent issue I have working here. And it can be frustrating as hell when it feels like no one is on the same page about critical issues. But there's also plenty of opportunity here to step up and address it- and that goes for people irregardless of seniority level. Everyone here is approachable and open to hearing opinions and ideas- I have to staunchly [yet respectfully] disagree with the people on here referencing favoritism and a culture of fear around expressing their opinions, and I empathize with them if it is the case they feel this way. I actually feel the opposite- the key is just getting over frustration during the times where it seems things are a bit disorganized. If anything it encourages pro-activity.

Also I know this entire review is pretty vague but I'm writing it because I care and because I'd like the interwebs to know how much I genuinely enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

Continue being open and approachable. Keep hiring weird quirky people. Encourage better communication across teams. Keep being the place that I love coming to work to every day.

"The perks are great... but I work here because I believe in the company and the driven people behind it."

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Livefyre full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At the risk of sounding cliche...Livefyre is a place that makes me look forward to going to work each day. Within the past two months, I've personally felt a huge change within the company. The leadership team is incredibly open, honest and transparent with every member of the team. Leadership constantly encourages only the individuals that are truly passionate and who believe in our mission to stay and put in countless hours of hard work every day. If you don't believe in the company, then you shouldn't be here. The culture is a ton of fun and we get spoiled with perks day in and day out. But the perks aren't what makes this company as unique as it is. It's the fact that everyone who works here cares about one another, we have one:one communication with our leadership, we try to always be on the same page. We're on our way to accomplishing some huge things and it's all very exciting. At times it will feel like you're riding a roller coaster, but if you can't handle the ride, you should just get off now.

Cons

The company is in an interesting growth point right now. So just like any startup, you're going to have ups and downs. There are normal growing pains that you'd expect from any younger company. The executive team has worked hard to become extremely open and honest about everything going on but with that being said... there are always going to be people that have doubts and frustrations when you're working for an evolving startup. The environment is very fast paced and unstructured, as most young startups are. I can see how that could be a huge challenge for someone who needs to be micromanaged in order to get the job done. Livefyre encourages a culture of smart, driven, out-of-the-box thinkers. If you're not comfortable with creating your own processes and taking the lead, then you will not do well here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The open communication and transparency is making a huge, obvious difference in the happiness and overall culture of the company.

"Will the real Office Manager please stand up?"

Current Employee - Office Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Livefyre full-time

Pros

I am the current Office Manager at Livefyre HQ in SF. The review posted on March 26th 2015 was not written by me. Since Glassdoor users are trolling Livefyre's page, some of them pretending to be me (not cool -__-) I feel compelled to write a review of my experiences at Livefyre.

The office is a wonderful place to work, not just because of the way it looks, or our amazing kitchen, but because I have smart, hilarious, and professional co-workers that I enjoy spending time with in and out of the office. I feel adequately compensated, I have excellent benefits, awesome perks, and most importantly feel valued and respected as a member of the team.

Cons

The company is going through a growth spurt and change is difficult for some. Not everyone is in agreement with some decisions our executive team has made. However, I feel the execs have been honest and transparent throughout the process. We have weekly all-hands meetings where we are informed about decisions, our questions and feedback are heard, and we are even given reports with statistical data showing why we're making certain changes!

Advice to Management

Please continue with weekly meetings to keep lines of communication open :)