Livewire Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CJ Suggs

"Very fun Job!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Leawood, KS

I worked at Livewire Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome environment! Everyone is very nice and supportive. I was able to learn a lot professionally and personally. I was able to excel within the company very quickly! CJ Suggs is an awesome manager! He took so much time out of his day to help any of his employees.

Cons

It takes someone who is extremely dedicated. It was very time consuming.

2. "cons outweigh the good."

Pros

positive atsmosphere. solid training program. great way to learn sales and face to face marketing

Cons

no pay. absolutely no base pay. lots of of out of pocket expenses. they dont pay you your full commissions.

Advice to Management

well i see that you finally went out of business so i guess there is no advice for you all. i just hope that you havent moved on to something else shady.

3. "Bull"

Pros

There are no pros not one bit.

Cons

You are woring for someone else making money for them and get a small percentage. It seems weird like a cult. Like the people work there are brainwashed.

Advice to Management

None

5. "RUN DO NOT BELIEVE THIS BS!!!!!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Leawood, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Leawood, MO

Pros

so to be totally Honest with you, the whole thing is a hoax. From the jump they try to make you feel excited about being a "title" and this is what i mean. Account manager means that you will be shacking up with five guys in one two bed bedroom on a business trip, you also get to stay in less than desirable living arrangements. You also get the chance to either drive your own car all over the state's. both Kansas and Missouri. But you also walk door to door in any weather. there are no days off and you are not allowed to come back to the office until 845 each day. there are no real bonus's. you don't work for at&t you work for sydcor. you make money after people actual get the service installed and they wont tell you if a person cancels either. the owner actually doesn't do anything at all except push you to make his money. and on top of that everyone in the office knows he has been trading sexual favors for bonus on employee commission rates. Its a giant lie, so please heed to this warning.

Cons

You dont advance and some times you will go three to four weeks with out a pay check, you do not get paid every friday, you do not get a chance to be an owner, you are not allowed to miss the meetings that you do not get paid for, you are also not allowed to every sit when you are in the office that they have. you are also never allowed to lean on the walls their, you are required to use your own vehicle and and you are never notified of you having to do so. you will be showing at&t to clients and customers who have had people just like you at the door two weeks before you are going to knock. there is no money to be made except sales to suckers. Not one employee is happy at this job, if you don't believe me join and see.

Advice to Management

simple as this stop posting a million adds on career builder trying to get people suckered into this, not once have i seen the owners go out and do this. although they claim that they have before. So now i ask you this, why is it that the owner never actually is in the field. why is it that you have to have five credit fails before you get one sale? why is it that you have to sleep in a room with five other people on a so called business trip? why is it that every single customer slams their door in our faces ? oh hahahah because we've been there before.

"Pyramid Scheme, Total Manipulation"

Former Employee - Entry Level Management in Leawood, KS
    Former Employee - Entry Level Management in Leawood, KS

I worked at Livewire Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. No benefits. 100% commission. Door-to-door sales. Job description is misleading and they have so much turnover there is only about 9 employees at a time.

Cons

-no benefits
    -100% commission
    -no reimbursement for gas or anything
    -ridiculous hours
    -interview process was arduous and absurd
    -completely misleading
    -pyramid scheme

Advice to Management

Don't try to entice people with ridiculous recruiting tactics of "be your own manager" and "create your own dream". The whole process was misleading and the manager CJ Scuggs obviously just uses people to push AT&T and create his own empire. Also, having a 19 year old interview a 30 year old woman who won't stop talking about how they just want money to drink, party, and buy expensive cars is unprofessional.

"Fun People, Great Work Environment"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Livewire Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Manager, CJ Suggs, is a cool guys who is personally involved in the coaching of all employees. I learned a lot about goal setting and working in a self directed environment. Also it was great to not be micro managed on a daily basis.

Cons

Because you are self directed it can seem unorganized at times. Also if you need someone watching over you at all times to stay motivated or get the job done this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

I would make sure there is a weekly schedule of events posted in a central place where all employees can see them when there are special speakers or philanthropy events.

"Awesome Learning experience"

I worked at Livewire Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is NOT a pyramid scheme, they have nothing to take from you by hiring you. You don't pay them to start out and the pay is great if you succeed. Yes, you use your own gas money and vehicle to get around to your "territory" for the sales portion, but you send it as a tax write off at the end of the year. 52c to the gallon.

Cons

The work hours are from atleast 11am-9pm. M-F. Saturdays too. Sundays are off.
    Very long days, difficult for students.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing CJ, I loved working there.

"Work Ethic & Integrity go a long way."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Leawood, KS
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Livewire Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy waking up and getting to the office. Most people don't have that luxury. I moved up quickly within the management development program because I liked the challenge of merit based, and I was excited that it wasn't about "who I know, it's about WHAT I know" and what I can prove to my peers. I open my office on March 1st, 2013 - it was worth overcoming the challenging days to be the president of MY own company.

Cons

The property mgr wants us to keep our noise level down when we're having so much fun during our morning meetings! But that's ok, our office neighbors said they love our energy!

Advice to Management

Keep developing the people who give 100% and lets focus on the future!

"good position for somebody looking for sales experience"

I worked at Livewire Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid management training program for somebody with little to no sales or management experience. Management is personable and looks out for their employees. It's a great job for a college grad looking to get their foot in the door or for someone looking to start a new career

Cons

Probably not a good fit for a seasoned sales-person or somebody with a lot of experience because everybody starts entry-level and all promotions are merit-based...If I was 20 years younger I would still be there but at the point I am at in my career I'm not looking to start completely over

Advice to Management

The clients that you represent are very credible and your staff was knowledgeable and very helpful, which i liked coming in as a new entry-level hire. Whatever you are doing, keep it up!

"Great work environment with advancement work opportunities along the way."

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Leawood, KS
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Livewire Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the first company that I've ever worked for where we are a close-knit family. My co-workers are very supportive of my professional and personal goals and are willing to help me achieve them! I meet weekly with the owner and assistant manager to review the my goals as well as the goals of the company, and they help hold me accountable for those goals that are set it place. The biggest thing that attracted me to working for Livewire was the advancement and travel opportunities. I've been with the company for about 10 months and have been to 2 Regional Conferences and 1 National Conference where I had the opportunity to network and hear from phenomenal speakers. I love that advancement is merit based, I was promoted from Administrator to Human Resources manager within 5 months because of the hard work that I put in!

Cons

The only downside to my career is that my work day is very full, I am constantly busy due to my responsibilities!

Advice to Management

Our management does a great job of really getting to know their employees, and putting forth the effort to develop someone so that they can achieve their professional goals. Also they do a great job of recognizing and rewarding their employees for their hard work.