Living Spaces "no commission" Reviews | Glassdoor

Living Spaces Employee Reviews about "no commission"

Updated Jun 12, 2019

3.4
Living Spaces CEO Grover Geiselman
Grover Geiselman
Pros
Cons
  • "They say it’s non commission but they give you goals(in 20 reviews)

• "There is no commission but I got 3x more pressure for numbers and sales than in my previous commission job(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "no commission"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great co workers"

in Menifee, CA

I have been working at Living Spaces

Pros

Nice staff. Great customers.

Cons

No commission. But treated as so.

Living Spaces2015-12-31

"Numbers, Numbers, Numbers, Push, Push, Push, Sell, Sell, Sell!"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Living Spaces full-time for less than a year

Pros

Weekend meals are free. A lot of coworkers and some of the managers are awesome team players.

Cons

They think of numbers instead of helping guests. If someone is not buying today, leave them and move on to someone who is. There is no commission but I got 3x more pressure for numbers and sales than in my previous commission job. You have seven managers to answer to. Weekly reviews of your progress with numbers (ADS, UPT, TPH, SPH, etc) but are not to receive a copy of it! Employees can be as cutthroat as a... commission job with taking your guests' sell as their own. But there are those coworkers who have a heart of gold and can be trusted to help your guests when you are not there and do not keep the sale for themselves. Walk 24/7 with 10 hour days on Saturday/Sunday while carrying 5 pounds of tablet and veriphone for credit cards. The weight of the tablet and veriphone cause shoulder and arm muscle pains that many suffer from but rules are rules. This is our uniform and we are required to carry them at all times. Exhausting and you end up spending your days off recharging your energy instead of fun family life. If you are a church goer, forget it if you work here. As they say, "Retail and Religion do not go together." The store manager is caring and tells true motivational stories.

Advice to Management

Ease up on numbers, numbers, push, push, sell, sell, synchrony, synchrony, care free, care free. Remember we are human and so are our guests. We are not car salesmen but here to help genuine people who may not buy today, but if allowed, we can help them come back to us when they are ready to buy. I know that they are getting pressure from their supervisors to push us as they do, but too often they forget that... building up our strong points, where we shine, our assets, would help motivate us to do better than to constantly telling us about those almighty numbers we need to meet. And seven managers! Each has his/her own style and see things differently than the other.

Living Spaces2019-06-12

"Meet grinder with no moral values."

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Millbrae, CA

I worked at Living Spaces full-time for less than a year

Pros

The great people that need a job and is willing to take the abuse. Great environment if you want to lose your moral compass or prepare for a TV show where only the "strong" survives.

Cons

Slavery system where you must give all the hours of your life to the company. You get early you stay late you get punished for everything but a scoring system. Non-existent HR. Micromanagement via spying and a walkie in your ear during the whole day. No commission with a high pressure to perform and compete. Dog eats dog environment. No quality furniture but we must lie about quality. Online training that is made... to brainwash you. A punishing score system made to take away your bonus. Everyone works in fear of reaching points that take away the bonus or the job itself.

Advice to Management

Using fire victims and tragedies to call attention to your business is just very low. Use the money to help real people or treat your employees with respect. The real value in the people that work for you, the quality product and customer service that you fail to provide. Management asked for 5 reviews on Yelp and Google. No ethics or moral values there.

Living Spaces2017-11-29

"Nightmarish"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Living Spaces full-time for less than a year

Pros

Health benefits. Only for full time. Lunches on the weekend but they aren't so good. Hmm i can't say much else.

Cons

Constant drama between associates. Work harder than commission based jobs but no commission. The dangling carrot bonus. It's always just out of reach. Complete favoritism towards some employees. Management will do nothing to create a positive environment. All issues are looked over or swept under the rug. Drive sales and put so much pressure on guests. Crappy quality products lots of broken furniture on the sales... floor. Sloppy employees and they seem to hire smokers. No breaks unless to just walk off the floor and don't ask. The constant badgering of management through a walkie in your ear to find a guest and sell them something. We get told how many cars are in the parking lot, they have counters over the door to count how many fur walk in and expect us to collect $200 from each guest. That includes babies in strollers and families. It's truly madness. Employees fighting with each other over sales cause it's so cutthroat to meet your hourly sales goal. If you can tough it out it's good for your resume otherwise keep looking. Just be ready for chaos and drama and nightmares that wake you all the time. Depression and anxiety will begin to rule your world.

Advice to Management

Learn how to step up to the plate and run the store. Management sucks at the Las Vegas location.

Living Spaces2017-05-10

"Does NOT care about employees! GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY"

Product Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Living Spaces

Pros

they give you lunch on weekends and snack sized candy bars when you write a $5,000 ticket! whoohoo! (sarcasm here)

Cons

No COMMISSION! NO raise! ( I wrote over $2.5 million in less than 2 years!) , bonus is a joke! refused my raise request.

Advice to Management

management, look in the mirror, team is only as good as leadership. Leads stop drinking on the clock!

Living Spaces2017-01-06

"Worst place I ever worked"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Leandro, CA

I worked at Living Spaces full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro about this company is that it offers free lunch on the weekends. They do offer benefits to full-time employees but seriously your job is always on the line so how great can that really be?

Cons

I still get nightmares of this place. It was the worst retail store I have ever worked for. You make no commission but must work brutally to make your daily and hourly sales or else your job is on the line. They give you about 2-3 months to get positive numbers and if you don't-you don't make the cut. The environment is extremely cutthroat. People steal sales and the managers for the most part look the other way.... Even sales leads do it but because they are up the manager's butts they wont even get a slap on the wrist. However, if your personality isn't liked by the managers than consider your job over. The managers sit up front in their little information booth talking badly about everyone on the sales floor-they'll talk about peoples personal lives and how they look. If you're somewhat cool with them, they'll share all this information and jokes with you. In order to make it to the top at this company you have to be selfish, rude and a kiss butt. Seriously, this company rates a negative 1 on the ethics values. They also make you watch endless videos to "train" you but really they are trying to brainwash you into believing you're are working for the best company around-don't do much training on actual products-which is what people on the sales floor are suppose to be, "production specialists". This is a money hungry company and will do whatever it takes to make a buck. They push the sales team to push customers into applying for credit to spend more money they don't have. If you're close to making a sale but don't the managers will be down your throat asking why you didn't pull out all the stops-offering credit, offering a lease to own option if they don't get approved for credit, call in sales leads to pressure the customer to close the deal, etc. seriously this place sucks and if you read Yelp reviews they don't treat customers the best or deliver on their promises. I had so many customers come in to complain about delivery, customer service over the phone, product quality and our VIP service we push onto customers which is a joke of a protection on products. Not a great place to work and you go home feeling horrible about how you sold your time to this ungrateful and greedy company.

Advice to Management

I can't wait to see this company fail! and I hope you find a way to make this company more ethical.

Living Spaces2016-12-05

"Company overview"

I worked at Living Spaces

Pros

free lunches on the weekend

Cons

Constant chatter from management in headphones pushing sales while trying to concentrate on guest interaction on product selection. Poor training program regarding products, and sales techniques. Hourly wage. No commission. Very poor pay structure versus industry standard.

Advice to Management

Keep it real.

Living Spaces2016-10-17
  8. "Review"

Current Employee - Furniture Consultant in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at Living Spaces part-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the better things at working at living spaces is the benefits. When I started we had excellent managers, they thrived on seeing you work as a team and meet your personal goals.

Cons

There is no commission involved at working here but they sometimes treat it like there is. As I have stayed longer it has gotten worse with management being super pushy and having at times, unrealistic expectations.

Living Spaces2016-03-17
  9. "Sales Specialist"

Sales Associate in Fremont, CA

I worked at Living Spaces

Pros

Free drinks and coffee, very easy to get along with crew. Great welcoming to newbies. Lots of customers, so there is never a dull moment. Monthly bonuses. Lots of great light.

Cons

Workers are lacking in product knowledge and overall enthusiasm due to no commission. Seniority = priority. Mandatory uniform, but they give the shirt and sweater/cardigan. You have to get used to wearing annoying walkie talkies all day long. Weekends are mandatory, but that's retail.

Living Spaces2016-03-17
  10. "Nice place to work at"

Product Specialist in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Living Spaces

Pros

Great culture to work with, a little bit pressure with goals, but friendly. Non commission, but still challenging.

Cons

Low pay, due to no commission. And they doesn't give benefit for people who work hard than the ones hiding.

Living Spaces2015-11-10