LivingSocial Strategic Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

LivingSocial President and CEO Gautam Thakar
Gautam Thakar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Very little appreciation for work/life balance in some departments (in 19 reviews)

• Communication on the upper management- employee level is not always good (in 25 reviews)

1. "Leaving a great company"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Livingsocial was a great experience for me. They really looked after me. If you are willing to put in the hard work you will be very rewarded. It is like a family. Very sad to leave. Commission structure is fantastic. Vase wage is great. Have had 3 pay rises in 2 years. Management for LS is great.

Cons

Industry is dieing. Harder to sign deals. Ever since we were bought out by AussieCommerce culture has gone as well as what made the company great.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to be different answer don't stuff up my accounts.

2. "Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are signing up the right merchants and hitting your net revenue targets the financial rewards are incredible. You pretty much get to be your own boss and get to manage your own territory like you are running your own business.
    It's without question the best and most rewarding job I've ever had. Great pay(if you are doing what is asked of you) health insurance and expenses and a fantastic team of people to work alongside

Cons

Like every sales job its competitive. Now a days there are so many different companies doing a similar thing so you have to make sue you are always hungry to succeed every day or you won't last a month

Advice to Management

the management team in Dublin works really well together. i don't need to give them any advice. We all have a great relationship on the sales team.

3. "Great Company to work for.."

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Irish part of the business is a great place to work, has grown exponentially over the last 5 years particularly in Dublin.

Can earn great commission's, and colleagues are friendly, driven and professional.

Management are also very approachable and do care about the employee's under their care.

Low turn over of sales staff in Ireland over the last five years is a testament to the opportunities and earning potential.

Best job iv'e ever had....

Cons

Like any fast growing company mistakes have been in made in the past, the transition from startup to sustained business growth hasn't been without it's headache's and sometimes the road map for where the company is going hasn't always been clear. However this has changed in the last 6-9 months and the future looks good.

4. "Terrible"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at LivingSocial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some salaries are higher than you'd expect

Cons

Nothing. Not valued as a person. No career growth, Dying business model.

Advice to Management

Just jump ship now and stop blaming your team.