Lloyd Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Project / IT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Lloyd Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience. Company helps you succeed. People are great. CEO has a very positive attitude for the company.

Cons

None that I can see yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and keeping the employees happy.

Oct 20, 2016 – Founder, Chief Executive Officer

We all appreciate the feedback. At any given time approximately 22% of Lloydians are experiencing their first year at Lloyd, in many cases their first year out of school. It's important to us that we... More

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Lloyd Group full-time

Pros

There is a tremendous amount Pros working at Lloyd. They provide a enjoyable work environment, while still maintaining a strong work ethic. Other Lloydians are a pleasure to work with and learn from. The culture at Lloyd is by far the best I have experienced in the industry. They thrive and truly believe that Culture is key to their success.

Cons

Their main office is in NYC, a Long Island office would be ideal. Constant change which doesn't mean for the better necessarily. If you a quick adapter, and can adjust you will fit right in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. You encourage your employees to be better at what they do everyday. Focus on what's important, and continue to make Lloyd a special place to work. Working at Lloyd makes me feel like I am apart of something special.

Oct 20, 2016 – Founder, Chief Executive Officer

This is feedback we hear on an ongoing basis and are working hard to improve. The biggest impact on Lloydians work life balance continues to be the commute to NYC. Most Lloydians not only enjoy... More

3. "Information Technology Consultant"

Current Employee - Information Technology Consultant in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Information Technology Consultant in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Lloyd Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work environment, reasonable health benefits.

Cons

Pay is not even close to market rate, management is unreasonable. Work/life balance is less then optimal with 9-6 work hours. Ceo is out of touch with average employees

Oct 20, 2016 – Founder, Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for the candid feedback. I'd love to learn more and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you. As a CEO and human being I'm definitely not perfect (just ask my kids) and benefit from... More

4. "Smokes and Mirrors"

Former Employee - Support Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

Employees can be cool although there is some talking behind each others back
    Decent benefits

Cons

Can easily work over 50 hrs a week not including on-call days/weekends

Advice to Management

Should definitely be less vague about direction and what they want.

Oct 24, 2016 – Founder, Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for your candid response. I'm sorry that your experience at Lloyd was not the same as the many Lloydians who make Lloyd their career. I hope that you've stayed in touch with many of the... More

5. "A Decent Start"

Current Employee - Technology Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technology Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Lloyd Group full-time

Pros

- Friendly and mostly genuine people
    - Room for growth and learning
    - Acceptable first job
    - Great culture

Cons

- Not the place to be if you're in it for the money and value a more professional career
    - Some of the higher level employees are a bit too cocky and argumentative
    - Would not stay here longer than 2 years at most

Advice to Management

Be more involved with employees and guide them. I rarely see any of the managers because they seem to be in meetings all day. Also, focusing on re-structuring bathrooms isn't as important as rebuilding teams that have vanished over the past year.

Oct 24, 2016 – Founder, Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for the feedback. I hope that you are still at Lloyd, that your experience has improved and you are enjoying your time here. I would agree that for many it is a great first job. For many... More

"Systems Architect / Technology Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Lloyd Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment. Energetic office with lots of opportunities to make friends. The HR guy is awesome. Genuinely cares about people and wants to help them to succeed. Company has a strong plan for moving forward and regularly shares this vision allowing employees to be a part of it.

Cons

Overly focused on people participating in company events all the time. If you like people but are not necessarily looking to make a ton of work friends, this is definitely not the company for you. Training for internal processes was nearly non-existent. Processes were changing constantly. Poor transitioning of outside hires into advanced technology roles.

Advice to Management

Less tip toeing around things that aren't working. Be open to direct feed back regarding workloads and challenges of the role. Those in advanced technology roles have been there part of the company for many years. They need to understand the gaps that in knowledge that a new person will have and work to fill them.

"Lloyd Group provides you the opportunity to grow not only as a person, but to give you the technical foundation you need"

Current Employee - Support Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Support Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Lloyd Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great career opportunities, great culture, great co-workers. Provides the knowledge and freedom to learn and grow technically. You can go as far as you want by giving everything you have. The opportunities are limitless.

Cons

A lot of movement in the company. This is a good thing and bad thing. Employees are always moving around for them to explore different career opportunities(good thing). By doing so, other areas suffer(bad thing). I have worked at a lot of companies and this is common in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Always be transparent with everyone top to bottom. Make yearly reviews a priority!

"Sweatshop for kids just out of college"

Former Employee - Support Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Lloyd Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Central location
    You gain experience (swim or you're fired)

Cons

The way this place operates is fairly simple. They hire kids mostly right out of college, who have no expectation about any aspects of working at a decent environment. When one quits or is fired the cycle renews. You will get pie in the sky promises. Ex: work hard and you might get shares; when Microsoft (lol), etc buys the company out you will hit the lotto. In realityyou have to attend bs quarterly events where you will get paper "certificates" for job well done. You will be overworked and way underpaid. You won't be able to go out and enjoy a 30 minute lunch break. Very high turn over due to this being an IT sweatshop for just out of school kids.

"An OK place to get a start in IT. A terrible place to stay."

Former Employee - Escalations Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Escalations Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Lloyd Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The location of the NYC office is in the heart of times square. A good location for food, transit and socializing after work.

A great place to learn about the IT field, mostly by trial by fire.

Hire based on personality compatibility. Because of this there are a lot of great people to work with.

Socially driven organization. There are lots of company events and opportunities to socially engage with your colleagues and sometimes clients.

High level of social moral. You are made to feel part of a team with a always positive spin on things.

Cons

Incredibly uncompetitive salaries unless you are part of "inner circle".

Infrequent raises and employee assessments.

High level management has low involvment in operations of company.

Clear favoritism of certain employees who receive better salary, benefits and other advantages over everyone else.

Long work hours, high stress and not nearly enough compensation for it.

High turn over rate due to burning out employees.

Constant internal operation changes with little or no transparency to employees.

Trial by fire training. You are thrown into your work with minimal training or support.

On call is the worst experience of your life...almost every time.

Changes in procedures or operations are never followed through on and either never materialize or fall way short of expectations. Usually a result of overworked employees not being able to focus on changes due to daily overload of work.

Positive social moral used to deceive employees. Often the employee who is most miserable will receive written praises for their work. Yet no other compensation is ever offered.

Bi-yearly meetings about multi-million dollar success of company when employees are unfairly compensated. Share the wealth!

Oversell to clients despite always being understaffed.

The office space is terrible. The bathrooms are small, outdated and falling apart. Not nearly enough facilities compared to number of staff.

Advice to Management

The high level management and partners need to open their eyes and see the consequences of their disconnection from the company.

Focus less on future sales and more on fixing your internal operations.

Pay your employees a competitive salary.

Focus less on social events and invest the money spent on that on your employees.

Provide actual and resonabe training to your employees.

Hire high level engineers before low level. They are the ones who do a grunt of the work.

Create a happy and healthy workplace by improving your employees work lives instead of trying to create a fascade with social moral.

Take the advice of employees and negative reviews you see to heart. How many good employees are you willing to lose before changing your ways?

"High stress, high workload, low pay"

Current Employee - Escalation Analyst I in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Escalation Analyst I in New York, NY

I have been working at Lloyd Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- A lot of the colleagues are great people to work with
    - Good job for someone with NO experience, stay here for 2 years at max!
    - Receive vacation days up front
    - They will reimburse your certifications

Cons

- The office is not pleasant. Unfortunately the lease has been renewed and they will be here for a long time
    - Extremely overworked, you will burn out. They will notify you that you will be participating in "on-call" once a quarter, FALSE, it is 2 times a quarter, and up to 3 even. That means for 2-3 weeks out of every quarter, you will be working 24 hours a day and receiving calls from ridiculous clients at any time of the night (which you are responsible for answering).
    - High turnover rate. All the good employees who did the grunt of the work have left! In the past year, I have seen about 6 people fired and 10 quit.
    - You will be underpaid and your raises will be BAD. I worked my tail off and received endless praises, but I received a horrible raise!
    - In my one year working here, I have seen the CEO about 6 times! I've moved to a multi billion dollar company and have seen my CEO more than Lloyds in two weeks!
    - Too many managers, half of which are not even technically qualified to be managing you! All the managers do is throw tickets down your throat non stop
    - You will have extremely high stress from your colleagues setting ridiculous expectations to clients. I understand that Lloyd is there to provide the best service, but all this comes at the cost of work/life balance of your employees.
    - Extremely understaffed. More bodies are needed so that overtime is not required.
    - You will be promoted after working hard, but the compensation will not a very small increase.
    - No training, don't expect any help from your manager either, they will tell you to go Google it (I'm not kidding, I've been told this multiple times, this is what happens when your manager is less technical than you!)

Advice to Management

- Pay employees properly, especially the employees who are loved by clients and keeping them happy!
    - Retrain managers
    - Fix on-call (especially the frequency!)
    - Reduce favoritism