LloydsPharmacy Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
LloydsPharmacy Managing Director Cormac Tobin
Cormac Tobin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Did a lot of dispensing, friendly staff, welcoming environment (in 7 reviews)

• Overall a good company to work for as a manager or relief manager (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Area managers often haven't worked in a pharmacy and lack sector knowledge (in 10 reviews)

• Expect relatively low pay for lower levels (in 9 reviews)

1. "Old fashioned"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at LloydsPharmacy (More than a year)

Pros

Not a bad pay rate

Cons

Old fashion business model with most of the pharmacies near nursing homes

2. "Was an Assistant Floor Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, NE

I worked at LloydsPharmacy (More than 3 years)

Pros

Looking for day shift only I'm drawing social security. I'm not working now.

Cons

No nights or weekends day time work only I live in the rural area..

Advice to Management

I'm semi retired, drawing social security, would like a job during the week . No nights or weekends.

3. "Pharmacist"

I worked at LloydsPharmacy full-time

Pros

Always looking for new innovation and open to ideas from all levels within the company. Decent Benefits. Customer focused

Cons

Little room for career progression once you are in a certain role.

4. "'dispenser'"

Current Employee - Dispenser
    Current Employee - Dispenser

I have been working at LloydsPharmacy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

on job learning. friendly staff. Everyone knows everyone's and each others business even those from other pharmacies (could be seen as + and -)

Cons

didn't have proper training - no training- was just told what to do and first time was shown after that when I was asked to do it again had to recall myself the steps with no guidance/ supervision /double-checking if done correctly. I have been working for the company for at least 3-4 years now and I have not progressed or taken any training courses to be qualified to do half of the things I am doing right now. no pay rise

in my 1st store [was also my first job ever] my title was a dispensing assistant however, I was the sole dispenser and was not trained or put on the dispensing course at all (till this day I an unqualified dispenser that dispenses with no supervision) and I had to work with a pharmacist who didn't know a lot about the pharmacy and how they manage things. So he would always ask me questions and the problem with that is if we worked together on Saturday because it would be only us 2 and we didn't have much experience in that pharmacy.

The 2nd store, the manager said I didn't need to take the dispensing course, even though she changed my title to 'dispenser' and gave me a 2pence wage rise. Again I was thrown to the deep end and was rushed to get familiar with everything-there were a lot of rules and exceptions that were not explained to me properly- and everyone in one week to take over every Saturday as well due to no one wanting it. Everything was different in this store and nothing was done remotely similar to the previous store I worked at so took me a while to get the hang of it and they didn't like that so I was pushed around to do odd jobs that no one wanted to do (anything other than dispense) which was a bad move as when they were behind with the dispensing they tell me to dispense and then indirectly complain on how slow I was or if I make a mistake -when they all make mistakes like mine.

3rd store, again no training - they didn't know I worked with Lloyds before and assumed that I don't have experience in pharmacy. So I thought maybe this time I will get training if they think I am clueless, but I wasn't given training even thought they say you need to do your training but everyone is too busy to train me, the manager doesn't do her jib and runs around trying to do 20 things at once and gets in everyone's business but never gets her list of jobs done.

Advice to Management

train the new staff and pay attention to them. don't just throw them at the deep end or give the responsibility to other staff because they really don't care.

5. "good"

Pros

i really like to work here as its fun and engaging

Cons

its too far for me to travel every day so i had to leave. shame

Advice to Management

nothing

6. "Payroll"

I worked at LloydsPharmacy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The ladies in the canteen are ace

Cons

Poor management poor wages terrible work enviroment

Advice to Management

Get back to he floor in head office see what it's really like to be worked to death

7. "Very Good Overall"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Dispenser in Walsall, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Dispenser in Walsall, England (UK)

I have been working at LloydsPharmacy part-time

Pros

1. Very efficient SOPs in place that allow for rapid execution of dispensary tasks
    2. Work load can get high, however, the SOPs followed by colleagues ensures that we complete most tasks on time
    3. Very easy to use dispensing software
    5. Now, it is true that we can't choose who we work with, but if you and your colleagues have a good understanding with each other, you will actually enjoy going to work. At my particularly pharmacy the staff are extremely helpful and to the point and there are no debilitating offices politics. Then again, another Lloyds pharmacy may have staff that are not easy to work with. I wouldn't know as I've only worked in one Lloyds Pharmacy.
    6. Career progression is definitely an option if you are interested to progress.
    7. Shifts are very flexible and varied for part-time staff, which is a huge bonus.

Cons

1. Some of the online systems for ordering pharmacy essentials are not easy to use and can be confusing.
    2. The real estate within the pharmacy is not adequate for the number of staff.
    3. Confusion can occur regarding queries initiated by one shift and not fully communicated to the next shift of colleagues where action is required.

Advice to Management

1, Greater training in using online ordering systems.
    2. Hand-over diaries for changing shifts must be provided and completed to ensure smooth transition of shifts.
    3. Great compartmentalisation for necessary documents and reference works,

"HR"

Current Employee - Pharmacist
    Current Employee - Pharmacist

Pros

The fact the exsist which speaks for itself really

Cons

Not professional. They can't communicate between departments. Don't chase anything up as they say. Poor availability always waiting for them to pick up

Advice to Management

Work on inter-correlations with the team. Why can't HR and payroll work together? Why do they refer you to each other and then deny it's the right department. Useless

9. "Bad management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scunthorpe, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scunthorpe, England (UK)

I have been working at LloydsPharmacy (Less than a year)

Pros

Set hours paid holidays decent sick pay regular pharmacists most shops are ok and fair to work regular wage

Cons

Underpaid,overworked,health and safety issues in stores rubbish bonus scheme targets unachievable they just want more and more with no praise or recognition

Advice to Management

Stop trying to bully pharmacist and staff to access summary care records to achieve bonus even tho you need a valid reason to do so they not bothered would rather abpharmacist break the law so they get a gold star!!! Poor management from people with no pharmacy training they haven't a clue!!!

10. "Pharmacist Belgium <1 year experience"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Dispenser in Ghent (Belgium)
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Dispenser in Ghent (Belgium)

I worked at LloydsPharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, great chain, overall very empowering for employees

Cons

routine work, lack of final authority

Advice to Management

empower more