Cover image for LloydsPharmacy

LloydsPharmacy

Engaged Employer

LloydsPharmacy

Add a Review

LloydsPharmacy Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated Nov 1, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 1,085 of over 1K reviews
2.9
36% Recommend to a Friend
41% Approve of CEO

Found 224 of over 1K reviews

2.9
LloydsPharmacy Chief Retail Officer  Kevin Birch (no image)
Kevin Birch

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Low Pay and no incentive for next level compensation(in 100 reviews)
  • "Poor management, understaffed stores, minimal investment into staff development and tone deaf HR dept(in 52 reviews)
  • "Long hours and can get quickly stressful(in 31 reviews)
  • "little or no training on services available in the branch(in 26 reviews)
  • "Pharmacy managers have no idea how to run a store(in 24 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of LloydsPharmacy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lloyds Pharmacy now only pay minimum wage!!

Apr 2, 2017 - Trainee Dispenser Supervisor/Dispensing Assistant in Sheffield, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small group of colleagues, good atmosphere within team. Good working hours, no late nights, no weekends. Bank holidays off (although taken out of holiday allowance)

Cons

ONLY PAY MINIMUM WAGE FOR QUALIFIED DISPENSERS! shop staff and dispensers on same wage due to no increase after new national living wage! Overworked, understaffed! Constantly fetching in new initiatives that never last and cause excess paperwork. Head office never sides with staff regardless of situation!

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0

dispenser

Feb 24, 2017 - Pharmacy Dispenser in Derby, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

meet some lovely patients and can advise people on a healthy life style.you get paid every month not what your worth .bonuses if targets are met but difficult to achieve.

Cons

poor staffing and unless there is good management goals are not achievable . chasing the clock and never catching up.unless your willing to work without pay you are ostrasised and go home feeling like a leper.

3. Join the LloydsPharmacy team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Room for improvement

May 23, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Professional company, GPhC fees paid, do get bonus vouchers from time to time but randomly and for varying amounts but its still something. Paid xmas do. 20% staff discount and can pick up some real bargains perfumes, gift sets, toiletries etc. They also have their own cashback website for employees, small payments topcashback is better but again its something.

Cons

Not enough staff, over worked & stretched. Maternity & paternity leave is rubbish 6 weeks full pay MAT and stat 2 weeks pay for PAT. You do have to work very hard. Lloyds constantly bringing out new schemes which are over complicated and everyone has to quickly get on board only for them to change it soon after. Think they waste a lot of money on these schemes as a lot of branches do not follow through & most the promo material leaflets get dumped or ignored and not actually offered to customers. They worry so much about the customers waiting, like fair point but they do not want to invest in more staff to serve the customers but instead overstretch the few that are there and they have no idea the pressure the pharmacist is under. Pay is pretty rubbish, get more money sat on a check out in most cases. You are not paid well for a skilled job, makes staff feel their role is pretty worthless. Very hard to progress or get onto courses. They love handing out big titles but less pay. IT is awful and HR is not very helpful as in they do not have a clue.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee

Overworked and underpaid

Sep 13, 2020 - Dispenser and More in Haverhill, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

My team is great and fun to work around

Cons

Underpaid Company promises natural progression - you will definitely get stuck at nvq level 2 which you can do anywhere and also pay better

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Would not recommend

Oct 30, 2019 - Pharmacist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the employees are great to work with

Cons

Management are so detached from the reality of working in a community pharmacy. There are unrealistic targets in place and staff are not given the support they need. Pay is not particularly competitive and they offer much more to locums than they do their own pharmacists when asking to cover extra shifts.

7. 4.0

pharmacy manager in ireland

Jan 27, 2016 - Pharmacy Manager in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

good team...busy days...lovely store refits...nice area manager...not too much pressure...

Cons

pay is not great...advancement difficult...hr dept believe they are above the law...support office never respond to queries

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Operational

Jan 23, 2023 - Pharmacist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some really good, hard working teams across the network. Plenty of patient contact abd opportunity to add value

Cons

Severe operational constraints Pay is not competitive Under massive pressures as seen in the sector as a whole. Has a major impact upon resourcing and retention capabilities

LloydsPharmacy Response

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we really appreciate your comments! We’re glad that you’re enjoying your experience working here at LloydsPharmacy. We have passed your comments onto the relevant teams, but please do speak with your line manager if you have any other concerns. Kind Regards, Employer Brand Team

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Ignored

Mar 21, 2022 - Driver in Ilfracombe, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The shop staff and once deliveries picked up nobody to bother you all day.

Cons

Terrible higher management. A faceless manager whom I have not seem in 3 or so years . My colleague and I have worked 9 years and only one pay ever and a whopping fourpence an hour. I could go on but won't!!!!!;

LloydsPharmacy Response

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are on a mission to make this an even better place to work, so we really value all feedback both positive and constructive. We have passed your comments onto the relevant teams, but please do speak with your line manager if you have any other concerns. Kind Regards, Employer Brand Team

10. 5.0

Non Pharmacist Branch Manager

Jan 8, 2017 - Non Pharmacist Branch Manager in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to work your way up from dispenser to higher job roles - Good honest values, pleasant teams and working environment

Cons

Pay is always negotiable and not necessarily reflective of performance.

Head of Region

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate the time you’ve taken to feedback. It’s great to hear you’ve had the opportunities to develop and you’ve enjoyed working with your colleagues. As a business we review salaries on a yearly basis. We are always open to feedback on how we can make further improvements for colleagues so thank you for sharing your experiences.

11. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

All for nothing

Mar 26, 2018 - Pharmacy Dispenser in Bexhill-on-Sea, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are fantastic and always help each other and customers to the best of their ability

Cons

VERY low pay if they even get it right (despite having completed courses to do the job) Workload increasing rapidly but no help being provided Area managers are usually horrible bullies that make situations worse. During any visits only the bad is ever acknowledged and no good is ever good enough. Pay is not consistent and considerably less a month since they changed how they pay us, used to live somewhat comfortably, now I don't know if I can afford rent Been there nearly 8 years and have had no reward or acknowledgement for that time and now things are so bad I'm desperate to leave, all that time and effort for nothing.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 224 Reviews