Local Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "great company"

Former Contractor - Staffing Manager/Senior Tech Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Contractor - Staffing Manager/Senior Tech Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at Local Corporation as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

great people and a fun hard working environment

Cons

there are none. maybe as we grew i didn't have a desk for a while. i had to work from home a bit. but that was actually a plus.

Advice to Management

keep it up. you guys are doing a good job.

"Good place to be at, good potential, strong culture, diverse team"

Current Contractor - Contractor in Irvine, CA
    Current Contractor - Contractor in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Local Corporation as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Local is filled with extremely nice but disciplined, hardworking people. That along with a very good culture makes for a fun and interesting work experience that encourages collaboration, innovative thinking, and creative projects. It's great to be working with a diverse, talented group of people. Cool perk: Free lunches Monday, Wednesday, and Friday where people are encouraged to sit together and interact. CEO makes sure to be there as well to get to know everyone on a better level.

A good place to grow, thrive, learn---the industry is fast-moving and constantly evolving, so there is a lot of potential and opportunity.

Cons

Noticed that some people have a lot to do but not enough time to do it. Should get some more help. Also, team meetings sometimes not started punctually and then will tend to drag, or projects might drag as a result.

Advice to Management

Continue learning activities to educate/update the team about details in the business. Continue to share and emphasize on the vision of the company - it keeps us all unified and motivated to work toward that ultimate goal.

"Wonderful place to work, but you earn your keep"

Current Contractor - Online Marketing Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Current Contractor - Online Marketing Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Local Corporation as a contractor

Pros

Some of the best and brightest people in their craft work here; excellent team culture, people are very welcoming and receptive to new people and new ideas; atmosphere is a great balance of professionalism and friendliness. You have to come in ready to work and get things done, but the environment makes it worth it.

Cons

Meetings seem to dominate the bulk of one's day (nature of the beast), action plans feel reactive (vs. proactive) at times.

Advice to Management

Identify the key attributes, conventions, and mission of the company, that can unify the company in forward-moving endeavors.

"I have been with Local.com for 6 1/2 years. This company is great! The professional environment encourages growth."

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Irvine, CA

I worked at Local Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity; Compensation for productivity; Leadership; Technology; Work environment; Location; Benefits; PTO; Management Team: The executive management team has been very supportive.

Cons

Today's competitive environment to acquire and keep good talent requires a bit more flexibility around the ability to work remotely. The constraints on dual working families is extreme. Commuting is wasteful. I would recommend flexibility to work remotely for at least several days per week or month.

Advice to Management

Continue to be supportive of your A-Players. Listen and act quicker on advice from key executives. Stay focused on strategic intiatives. Be more proactive on diversifying the technology (especially our patents) beyond our core technology.

"Positive work environment and entrepreneurial spirit"

Current Employee - Director Sales in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Local Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has created a positive culture where employees can grow professionally. Without question, this company is the best I have ever worked for at communicating the goals, vision and direction of the company to all employees. Though they have been in business for almost 15 years, they maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and are not afraid to try new ventures. This creates learning opportunities and keeps things stimulating & interesting.

Cons

All of their businesses units face intense competition and core revenue streams are highly dependent on the major search companies. This can sometimes leads to choppiness and unexpected disruption

Advice to Management

Focus on innovation including continuously refreshing and expanding current products as well as developing the new, blue ocean strategies.

"Working at Local is rewarding and fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Local Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly interesting work for engineers. Working with the latest technologies - BigData, Search, etc. Great office environment with a lot of perks (Starbucks coffee, vending machines for .25C, free lunches, free Friday breakfast, birthday celebrations, picnics, etc). Work / Life balance is pretty good. Pay is very good. Best of all, I work with a lot of bright people.

Cons

The business that Local is in is very competitive and that at times can add pressure to all.

Advice to Management

Share as much as possible the long term vision.

"Local is a growing company"

Current Employee - N/A in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - N/A in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Local Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that work at Local are some of the nicest you will ever meet. Sure it has its up's and downs like any company but it is one giant family.

Cons

Its one giant family - if you hate your family I imagine you would have a problem working here. I love it though.

Advice to Management

Feel free to continue to share what the future plans are for more growth. This is an exciting time to work at Local.

"Great Job, Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Local Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Local Corporation for 3 months and I have already enjoyed a movie day, indoor mini golf, breakfast and lunch with the executives. Oh, I almost forgot the added bonus summer hours on Friday's. We have to work hard and should for the excellent pay. I feel like an integral part of the company and fit in well with the great employees around me. I feel that I can experience growth with the company.

Cons

Have not really experienced Cons at this point.

"Free to Succeed!"

Current Employee - Online Marketing Representative in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Online Marketing Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Local Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive environment, ability to succeed, plenty of support and coaching, and some perks that make hard, earnest work pretty enjoyable.

Cons

I think the best improvement would be, of course, a higher percentage of quality leads, but the leads are plentiful so lots of calling is absolutely essential to succeed, and you'll know that going in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and always add advice as soon as needed when listening to calls, it helps the success-curve dramatically.

"Exciting place to work, hard work is rewarded!"

I have been working at Local Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Local Corporation is a great place to work and has an amazing team, everyone is extremely talented in what they do. Management is very personable and encouraging, hard work does not go unnoticed here. Promotions are well deserved and happen often for those who put in the work. It is a breath of fresh air to work in an environment that recognizes the importance of a positive work/life balance and the benefits that arise from a strong and creative collaboration.

Cons

Some people get into the office later in the morning while others get in earlier. This can be challenging when trying to communicate and and touch base. Also, free bagels and pastries on Fridays are difficult to say no to when you're trying to stick to a diet...

Advice to Management

Please continue to share your goals and expectations for the company, it inspires us to continue working hard!