Local Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Local Corporation Reviews

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Worked at Local for 2+ years."

Former Employee - Tele Sales in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Tele Sales in Irvine, CA

I worked at Local Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Local Corporation has strong work-life balance and benefits. There are good opportunities for advancement. Many of the technical and sales folks are well qualified and professional.

Cons

The Executive Management Team is improving, but has lacked professionalism at the COO role. The company's "co-operatition"model with the major search engines puts the company in a fraught and vulnerable position.

Advice to Management

Suggest ensuring that productivity, diligence and integrity are the factors for advancement; the new CEO is apparently inclined towards a meritocracy, which would be a step forward.

"Exciting place to work, hard work is rewarded!"

I have been working at Local Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Local Corporation is a great place to work and has an amazing team, everyone is extremely talented in what they do. Management is very personable and encouraging, hard work does not go unnoticed here. Promotions are well deserved and happen often for those who put in the work. It is a breath of fresh air to work in an environment that recognizes the importance of a positive work/life balance and the benefits that arise from a strong and creative collaboration.

Cons

Some people get into the office later in the morning while others get in earlier. This can be challenging when trying to communicate and and touch base. Also, free bagels and pastries on Fridays are difficult to say no to when you're trying to stick to a diet...

Advice to Management

Please continue to share your goals and expectations for the company, it inspires us to continue working hard!

"Exciting opportunities on the horizon - a good time to be at Local Corporation"

I have been working at Local Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The online landscape changes constantly and as a result workflow changes focus often - which keeps things exciting and challenging. I constantly feel like I'm learning and continuing to grow.

There are also fun perks like summer hours, a really fun holiday party and a summer picnic.

Pay is competitive and benefits are good.

Cons

There is a tendency to be spread too thin here. More help in my department would be nice at times.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on unique products that will set Local apart from the rest of the pack. Make sure we focus on quality over quantity.

"The company has clearly turned the corner in a positive direction!"

I have been working at Local Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+ New focus on exciting initiatives and disruptive technologies
    + Very good support from executive management
    + Everyone who works there is very competent
    + Turned profitable and cash flowing positively

Cons

- Very fast pace
    - They do layoff
    - Not all business lines are fresh and exciting

Advice to Management

Keep up the constant communication to the troops. We understand the difference between the legacy businesses and the new opportunities, we want to hear how the new ideas are penetrating the market.

"Great Company with Great People"

I have been working at Local Corporation full-time

Pros

The company really cares about its employees. Hard work is recognized and rewarded. Lots of great perks for employees. It is a great team environment with lots of collaboration. The company is resilient and continues to adapt to changing market conditions. The management team is strong and talented and has good ideas. The benefits are great too.

Cons

Sometimes in the past we tried to do too many things. We are doing a much better job of focusing our time and resources on areas where we can excel and win.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to recognize hard work and dedication.

"Great opportunity, great challenges, great rewards..."

I have been working at Local Corporation full-time

Pros

Great c-level and leadership team. Sets high standards. Recognizes talent, prepared to foster and support change. A good place to learn and grow. Great opportunities and if you show determination and drive results, you are rewarded. Wonderful internal recognition systems. Extremely family oriented and good work life balance.

Cons

Some mediocrity and Complacency across the company.

Advice to Management

Address mediocrity. Continue to expect more, drive hard and keep the change going. Do not worry about fall outs.

"I have been with Local.com for 6 1/2 years. This company is great! The professional environment encourages growth."

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Irvine, CA

I worked at Local Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity; Compensation for productivity; Leadership; Technology; Work environment; Location; Benefits; PTO; Management Team: The executive management team has been very supportive.

Cons

Today's competitive environment to acquire and keep good talent requires a bit more flexibility around the ability to work remotely. The constraints on dual working families is extreme. Commuting is wasteful. I would recommend flexibility to work remotely for at least several days per week or month.

Advice to Management

Continue to be supportive of your A-Players. Listen and act quicker on advice from key executives. Stay focused on strategic intiatives. Be more proactive on diversifying the technology (especially our patents) beyond our core technology.

"Uncertain Future"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Local Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team, nice employee perks such as the holiday party

Cons

Not enough technical resources, not proactive in preventing revenue affected products.

Advice to Management

There are more managers getting hired when they should be hiring more developers, engineers, and programmers to help improve the product. Test a product before launching it to the public and focus on improving products that have been working for the company.

"Positive work environment and entrepreneurial spirit"

Current Employee - Director Sales in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Local Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has created a positive culture where employees can grow professionally. Without question, this company is the best I have ever worked for at communicating the goals, vision and direction of the company to all employees. Though they have been in business for almost 15 years, they maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and are not afraid to try new ventures. This creates learning opportunities and keeps things stimulating & interesting.

Cons

All of their businesses units face intense competition and core revenue streams are highly dependent on the major search companies. This can sometimes leads to choppiness and unexpected disruption

Advice to Management

Focus on innovation including continuously refreshing and expanding current products as well as developing the new, blue ocean strategies.

"Telesales"

Former Employee - Online Marketing Representative in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Online Marketing Representative in Irvine, CA

I worked at Local Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very positive employee culture, great product, very happy to come to work in the morning.

Cons

The sales department was laid off without notice.

Advice to Management

Give the employees a chance to improve their performance if it is not up to snuff.