Local Lighthouse Reviews | Glassdoor

Local Lighthouse Reviews

1.0
Eric Oakley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Friendly staff, interesting work environment (in 5 reviews)

• thats funny the only pro is the guy who comes to wash your car (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Worst place you will ever work, you will go home every night wishing you never left your previous job (in 2 reviews)

1. "What a waste"

Pros

thats funny the only pro is the guy who comes to wash your car

Cons

I worked their and it seemed like it was nice until their equipment kept braking the power constantly went out and the passive agressive comments the bosses say to you its outlandish and i am happy i left also its not worth the 13 dollars they pay

Advice to Management

Close your business

"I can't believe this place is still in business"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get paid every other Friday..............and thats it.

Cons

Worst place you will ever work, you will go home every night wishing you never left your previous job...

"terrible"

Current Employee - Cs Representative in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Cs Representative in Orange, CA

Pros

I have nothing positive to say about this company

Cons

They have you reaching out to these businesses and promising them ffp. However google works off algorithms to make sure everyone has a fair chance. They cannot promise something they are not in control of.

Advice to Management

hire people that are older than 23 to run the floor.

"Horrible"

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time

Pros

They had a nice break room with a very professional looking office.

Cons

Horrible manager's, Did not train employees well enough, and mistreated employees. Was very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the employees and if some training is needed be there for the employee.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent commission if you can sell. Free coffee. Weekends off. Nothing else just need twenty word minimum. Almost there. Okay.

Cons

Selling a product that doesn't live up to promises. The whole company is a sham. Management team comprised of old frat boys who could t find work elsewhere. Lie and act like you're a Google partner.

Advice to Management

Shut it down.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The money was good if you could keep up

Cons

Everyone was on pins and needles about losing their job. You were always replaceable as they like to tell you even though they kept trying to impose the idea that it was a "family"

Advice to Management

Dont fire your entire sales floor right before christmas just because you dont know how to manage a company

"sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orange, CA

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked the the company a little over 2 years, When the calls were good You made a lot of money, You had the week ends off and the hours were pretty good, the managers were helpful , and great co workers

Cons

They didn't do what we promised, the web sites was not what people were wanting , there was a lot of charge backs , and what got me was when the company did a charge back they took all of the money but when you got paid on it , it was less the taxes , and some of the time the company got their money from the client AND the money that they charged back!!!!! They mis lead people to believe that we were Google thats why their being SUED... AND LET MOST OF THEIR EMPLOYESS GO A MONTH BEFORE CHRISTMAS... AND HERE I THOUGHT THEY HAD OUR BACKS !!!! IF IT WASN'T FOR ALL OF US THIS COMPANY WOULDN'T HAVE MADE THE MONEY IT DID. IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A COMPANY GET'S GREEDY !!!!!!

Advice to Management

You should have left well enough alone, things were good when we first started EVERYONE was making good money, there was just enough people , you looked out for us, gave us breakfast and we got rewarded at the end of the month with Great prizes, You shouldn't have gotten GREEDY, and because of Greed look what happened you fell.. !!!!!

"Client services supervisor"

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Local Lighthouse (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge room for growth if you want to work 5x harder and get CENTS as a raise. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE. They'll make you promises, yes. But the con there is that the promise is a double edged sword. THIS PLACE IS GARBAGE.

Cons

Let's start with the managers. They sit on their high horses getting paid Double what the supervisors get paid & talk down to the supervisors and employees. In this job I learned 1 thing, if a promotion sounds like it's too good to be true, it is. They put you on salary and take away your overtime. Even if you work a REQUIRED WEEKEND OR 12 HOUR SHIFTS you STILL won't get your vacation time approved. No matter what you do for this company, it'll never be enough. this company is paying customer service reps the same amount as the supervisors. THIS PLACE IS GARBAGE.

Advice to Management

Get your act together and get your chin out of the air. You're no better than the brand new employee, your job isn't hard or stressful, so stop using that as an excuse to treat people like garbage. Lastly, if someone sends you an email, REPLY TO IT.

Sep 17, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback; this will be addressed with the appropriate parties. We treat all of our employees the best as possible, we apologize you did not agree. Local Lighthouse wishes you the... More

"Never Again!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

20 word minimum?! Well let me see...This was a very short lived job for me, but I guess you could say that there was a coffee machine, and let me just say that being hopped up on caffeine really was the highlight of my day there. I did like the people there as well and it would've been a fun job overall but.....

Cons

The customer service....So this was my job, answering phone calls and getting verbally harassed by unsatisfied customers ALL DAY! I mean, one or two I could handle, but I swear like almost every call I got was a complaint. I was expected to do damage control and was instructed not to pass the call on to a manager unless absolutely necessary. They briefly trained us on what answers to give, but there's only so many excuses you can give before literally having you head chewed up. I seriously would go home and drink myself to sleep just to deal with the stress. Thank god I had the good sense to quit!

Advice to Management

Get a complaints department and have the sales team be more transparent so that your customer service doesn't get yelled at all day. Getting yelled at really isn't fun for anyone and I wished the managers would be more supportive and help take some of the heat off us....I didn't get paid enough for taking all that verbal abuse!

Jul 27, 2015 – Corporate Reputatiom

Local Lighthouse appreciates your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience while working with the company. Customer service is a difficult job. While it’s understandable that customers might... More

"Sexist Company"

Pros

If you never take a day off work, and are a selling machine you can make okay money. Max low 6 figures with zero educational requirement.

Cons

No female management. They reward men only for their first sale with cut that tie chant.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to reward men and women without isolating them by their gender for their achievements.

Yelling at the team about the company culture does not mean you have a great culture. Clearly define your cultural values and take steps that demonstrate what you want it to be.

Jul 20, 2015 – Corporate Reputatiom

At Local Lighthouse, we take pride in being an equal opportunity employer. We strive to recruit, hire, train, and promote regardless of gender, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation... More